VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Glen_Quagmire

Oct 30, 2017
Back a long time ago when this game was first released and I played it for the first time
I thought wow this just might be a good game and I'll keep an eye out for future updates

Then in seemingly a short time it turned into this mindless, depressing, none sense

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
Probably this game is delayed due to the patreon rules. Maybe he releases the next update the next 1-3 months but i doubt that we will have any other update this year. If he doesn't find a permanent solution outside of patreon this game is dead.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Probably this game is delayed due to the patreon rules. Maybe he releases the next update the next 1-3 months but i doubt that we will have any other update this year. If he doesn't find a permanent solution outside of patreon this game is dead.
WHAT F..ING Patron rules ????? The incest rules has been here for agees for now and he had a year to figure that out !!!!

Reactions: Nottravis

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
WHAT F..ING Patron rules ????? The incest rules has been here for agees for now and he had a year to figure that out !!!!
As i know the rules are applied for the last 1-1,5 year. So far he has not found a solution out of the patreon, because probably does not exist. There may be some solution in the future so we have to wait. Otherwise this game will be dead.

Dec 24, 2018
It has nothing to do with patreon, this guy has been delaying releases since the beginning, and with each delay his excuses get worse. If it had anything to do with patreon rules he would have said so. Plus, he already has a workaround since you name the characters yourself and choose the relationships and there is technically no incest in the game. And he has his own donation system on his website.

Nothing to do with patreon lol, he's just milking his subscribers, look how much money he is making after a year of no content. Why would he regularly release the game? That would shorten the development time and decrease the amount of money he makes. As long as his patreon supporters don't unpledge, like they haven't so far, he stands to make a lot more money purposefully delaying releases like he has been doing.

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
Hey.. how about I put this argument to rest???

Here's my suggestion -
If January 25, 2019 passes without an update from gumdrop, I will mark this game as abandoned on January 26, 2019.
And the only way to reverse any "on-hold" and "abandoned" status is by gumdrop delivering an update to this game. And I don't mean 20 images and a few screens, I mean an update that must be well over 200 quality images and 1000 words larger than 0.98 CE.

This way, we can stop the milking arguments
It was written in October ... 3 months have passed since then. I just want people not to be fooled, thinking that the game is updated regularly. If the update comes out - Good! If not ... well, no big loss.

Reactions: J0K3RXXX

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
It has nothing to do with patreon, this guy has been delaying releases since the beginning, and with each delay his excuses get worse. If it had anything to do with patreon rules he would have said so. Plus, he already has a workaround since you name the characters yourself and choose the relationships and there is technically no incest in the game. And he has his own donation system on his website.

Nothing to do with patreon lol, he's just milking his subscribers, look how much money he is making after a year of no content. Why would he regularly release the game? That would shorten the development time and decrease the amount of money he makes. As long as his patreon supporters don't unpledge, like they haven't so far, he stands to make a lot more money purposefully delaying releases like he has been doing.
Since the beggining ? March 2017 - December 2017 = 8 Updates. January 2018- January 2019 = 1 Update.
Do you say that this has nothing to do with the patreon rules ? How he handle that what he says and if he milking is something else. I said that maybe he delay the progress to stay to the original game hoping that there will be a solution outside of patreon. Of course he can't do it for ever (it had passed almost a year without an update). If it was easy to make your own website and create any game you like then many developers would do so. There are payment , legal and other issues. If he decides to change the game and the relationships so there is no "incest" reference at all then we would talk for an other game with the same models and not "Dual Family". In that case i would prefer to make a new game with other models and continue Dual Family in the future if the conditions are allowed it.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
Zzzzzz....
That's why he's snoring. Because dreaming is the only way he could see some action in this game so promising but so disappointing by its developer.

If I remember correctly, his avatar comes from a dream but I think it only appeared if you did something specific during the previous afternoon. I'm not sure.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
More exciting than the game itself
It's sad to say, but it's the truth. Although at least it has a less depressing environment than the game.

PS: Can anyone please post here the last post of Kyle in Patreon and his website that he published a few hours ago? I ask this because it will probably be the last post published here, before this game is considered abandoned in F95Zone

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
I'm just curious when 25th Jan will come , this thread will be trending on the first page for 2-3 days then boom...dead

Reactions: bsb
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes