VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Wonder how far the next update will find the MC's getting with their respective interests.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, got the angst out. Hoping for the best prepared for the worst. :D

Reactions: Ahjgfg

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Wonder how far the next update will find the MC's getting with their respective interests.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, got the angst out. Hoping for the best prepared for the worst. :D
Wow !!! An handjob ??? I didn't expect that could happen !!! Wow !!! It could be the paradise !

Reactions: acewinz

Tottoro

May 24, 2017
cant somebody make the game in the spirit of dual family with the characters? isnt it possible? we should take it from him away!

Reactions: Moosexl

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Your Captain, asking the important questions in the Gumdrops Discord:

As a noble space Captain, @GumdropGames I only have one real question...What on Earth possessed you to even consider this development cycle? You've admitted it's a terrible business strategy (especially on patreon), it's not only alienated the vast majority of your audience, but it has also even been (As admitted by yourself) financially damaging for you. Why exactly do you not want to update every 2-3 months like the vast majority of other top indie developers? Do you not feel you can tell the same level of story? Why not? If you're willing to believe your audience is willing to wait a whole year for your magnum opus, surely you would be willing to believe your audience could enjoy a slowly burning tale, ramped up with each update, allowing the audience to anticipate and discuss their theories on what will come next. (That is some of the most entertaining stuff, second only to the actual release). Most of the anger has long died down, my own frustrations with the game I voiced a long longgggggg time ago have cooled, at this point, most are simply left observing out of morbid curiosity. There's no real discussions on where we think the game is going beyond the vague 'well eventually get to bang the Mom' or, 'you'll eventually get to bang the daughter.' Isn't that the opposite of what you want? As I understand it, you want to tell a rich, deep, realistic story. Frankly, I think if you had occupied a traditional strategy, you could probably be one of the most popular developers, I was certainly taken aback when I first saw your work. I truly cannot see a single valid reason behind why you want to operate this kind of dev cycle, it's probably beyond stressful for yourself, it's crippling for actually holding audience interest, and you're more than capable (as shown), that you can tell the story at a slower pace with no loss of quality anyway. Put this old sea dog out of his misery, make sense of this madness.

captain of space ship.jpg
Will I get a reply? Wait and see!

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes