VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Can't wait to read it, at this point I'm expecting Ernest Hemingway.
Forgot..

Hope not!. I read the "old man, and the sea". Not voluntary though. It didn't really increase my impression of Hemingway, but I guess it learned me something about reflect over things. Why read the book and things like that :p Imho the story of Hemingway's life is far more interesting than his actual works (then again, I haven't read all he wrote), but that is just my opinion.

Tottoro

May 24, 2017
What a joke this dev is and bigger fools are the people who still believe he will deliver a update, hope the mods of this site keep their word and put to this game the ABANDONED tag after the "missed" 25-26 january release date...
is there really something like this or just rumors? he should be abandoded. so cute how everyone still believes here. <3

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
what i find frustrating with Gumdrop is the false promises and the lies that have been said down the line, from his ridiculous reasons for delays in previous updates to the improved rigs he was getting to speed up development time as well as full time development, wasnt that even two of his patreon goals..... uhm well if thats sped things up then i dare think what it would have done with out that.

hes admitted in the past for want of a better term "being lazy" and starting updates much later than he should have and if im honest i think thats what he has done here, hell if i was getting that kind of money a month i'd be living it up on a beach somewhere.

To me Kyle hasnt earned the loyalty of his current patreons nor his backers on F95, if he had any kind of credibility or honour he would cancel this months payments as he has let his supporters down again but thats a pipe dream. its all about money for him which is why he spent so much of the last year sorting out his own site and getting paid subs on there. time that could have been spent actually developing the game.

the guy is a conman and an outright crook, i can not see how an update could justify over $100k in subs since the last update. I'm hoping im wrong, and i hope it ends up being the best update the world has seen but at this point in this games life cycle Kyle has not shown he wants to do that nor is actually capable.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
lol another missed deadline ... that's consistency bros :LOL::ROFLMAO:. This dude should start giving advices to white-collar criminals on how to make an easy dough without risking their asses in pen. But people keep believing the shit he says and that they'll see that curvy MILF banged hardcore so never mind haters, keep donating ...

Reactions: Dogmeat

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
what i find frustrating with Gumdrop is the false promises and the lies that have been said down the line, from his ridiculous reasons for delays in previous updates to the improved rigs he was getting to speed up development time as well as full time development, wasnt that even two of his patreon goals..... uhm well if thats sped things up then i dare think what it would have done with out that.

hes admitted in the past for want of a better term "being lazy" and starting updates much later than he should have and if im honest i think thats what he has done here, hell if i was getting that kind of money a month i'd be living it up on a beach somewhere.

To me Kyle hasnt earned the loyalty of his current patreons nor his backers on F95, if he had any kind of credibility or honour he would cancel this months payments as he has let his supporters down again but thats a pipe dream. its all about money for him which is why he spent so much of the last year sorting out his own site and getting paid subs on there. time that could have been spent actually developing the game.
Release delays is nothing unique to gumdrop, and his game if you look at the gaming industry as whole though. There is commercial games, some backed by kickstarter etc offer far more grim examples. Take Star Citizen as example. And we seen games released way to early that require patching for months to become even close to playable, if even lucky enough to get any patches at all.

His biggest flaw is lack of communication, and miss communication. Setting dead lines for yourself can be a motivation to complete your work, but it can be as well a ball'n chain around your foot.

People complain he make so, so much on Patreon. Would it be better if he had 10 patreons with hardly a nickle to rubb together, think he would been motivated to make the next release then? People become patreon's at different stages in a creators life. No creator would start reject patreons because he/she started to make "to much" money. Also, if you have a job in real life, quit it to become a creator on Patreon full time is not really a easy decision, you have to look at short time gains vs long time consequences. I see a returning topic is how much he make a month, over and over again. The only response for that really is "vote with your money". Creators that become successful (if you want to call it that), in regard of gain patreons and support, didn't necessary set out with gain a lot of money in mind, rather than get some supplement income on their hobbies and side projects .

To those that feel so cheated, how much did you donate to his Patreon so far?

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
Release delays is nothing unique to gumdrop, and his game if you look at the gaming industry as whole though. There is commercial games, some backed by kickstarter etc offer far more grim examples. Take Star Citizen as example. And we seen games released way to early that require patching for months to become even close to playable, if even lucky enough to get any patches at all.

His biggest flaw is lack of communication, and miss communication. Setting dead lines for yourself can be a motivation to complete your work, but it can be as well a ball'n chain around your foot.

People complain he make so, so much on Patreon. Would it be better if he had 10 patreons with hardly a nickle to rubb together, think he would been motivated to make the next release then? People become patreon's at different stages in a creators life. No creator would start reject patreons because he/she started to make "to much" money. Also, if you have a job in real life, quit it to become a creator on Patreon full time is not really a easy decision, you have to look at short time gains vs long time consequences. I see a returning topic is how much he make a month, over and over again. The only response for that really is "vote with your money". Creators that become successful (if you want to call it that), in regard of gain patreons and support, didn't necessary set out with gain a lot of money in mind, rather than get some supplement income on their hobbies and side projects .

To those that feel so cheated, how much did you donate to his Patreon so far?
I personally supported him until August by which time the excuses were piling up then and i moved my money over to another game as i thought they deserved it more, and i stick by that.

i agree to an extent about how people can get too hung up on the money earnt occasionally however in his case he has clearly marked goals of improving his equipment, which he states he has done although no proof of this improved speed or quality yet, but he also stated a goal at $3k per month that he would move in to development full time. Why put it down as a goal if you arent going to do that? yes patreon can be fickle and it can literally disappear over night and thats why he has his own site as back up. At well over that target there doesnt appear to be any signs that he has moved in to full time development and to me that just adds to the lies and excuses he has used.

how much more story and how many more renders can be deemed sufficient for this development period? im not sure personally but the expectation levels he has created and the animosity towards him could be insurmountable by the time he releases, if he ever does that is.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I personally supported him until August by which time the excuses were piling up then and i moved my money over to another game as i thought they deserved it more, and i stick by that.

i agree to an extent about how people can get too hung up on the money earnt occasionally however in his case he has clearly marked goals of improving his equipment, which he states he has done although no proof of this improved speed or quality yet, but he also stated a goal at $3k per month that he would move in to development full time. Why put it down as a goal if you arent going to do that? yes patreon can be fickle and it can literally disappear over night and thats why he has his own site as back up. At well over that target there doesnt appear to be any signs that he has moved in to full time development and to me that just adds to the lies and excuses he has used.

how much more story and how many more renders can be deemed sufficient for this development period? im not sure personally but the expectation levels he has created and the animosity towards him could be insurmountable by the time he releases, if he ever does that is.
You can spend all the money in the world to upgrade your tools etc. But end of the day, it will boil down to your own creativity and time availble as well. If you have x hours a day to work on something, that wouldn't change. Also, if you set as goal if you get a certain level of income you will go full time into development, that is easy to say when you start out, but once you reach that goal and have to consider the consequences. Maybe not easy to execute. I don't know his family situation, if he got wife, kids whatever. How many hours such activities take. I don't know if you got a job, or what you work with if etc. But would you in his situation give up on a real job at the mercy of Patreons? I know I wouldn't. It's easy to judge people, but you can't really without walk in their shoes.

btw, you voted with your money and used your strongest argument :p anything else is just sticks and stones, and hardly make difference at all.

kilo310

Jun 23, 2017
Wtf, he delete me from discord group?! Who can drop me link again?

-He is not ready, this game becomes like HL3, not too perfect to release at the scheduled time.-
he delete me for this message

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
-He is not ready, this game becomes like HL3, not too perfect to release at the scheduled time.-
he delete me for this message
HF 3 is a bad example. Gumdrop released the xmas thing, not necessary what people wanted or asked for, but still a sign of him working on his project. When was the last time you saw Valve release any sign of actually working on Half Life at all? Also, Valve never given any release time, or estimated release of HF 3. If you want to look for examples in the gaming industry you probably better off look towards Star Citizen.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
You can spend all the money in the world to upgrade your tools etc. But end of the day, it will boil down to your own creativity and time availble as well. If you have x hours a day to work on something, that wouldn't change. Also, if you set as goal if you get a certain level of income you will go full time into development, that is easy to say when you start out, but once you reach that goal and have to consider the consequences. Maybe not easy to execute. I don't know his family situation, if he got wife, kids whatever. How many hours such activities take. I don't know if you got a job, or what you work with if etc. But would you in his situation give up on a real job at the mercy of Patreons? I know I wouldn't. It's easy to judge people, but you can't really without walk in their shoes.

btw, you voted with your money and used your strongest argument :p anything else is just sticks and stones, and hardly make difference at all.
STOP !!!! Don`t defend that DEV !!! If he talks shit, he is talking shit, what ever YOU say !!! With that income (9000 bucks) a month, he should be doing this FULLTIME (as he said), or hire people to do so !!! His family situation wife, children or what so ever, don`t count, because if he goes to work (8 hours a day normaly+travel), he is out of the house, so wife and children are in any case alone or what so ever !!!! He is just lazy, shit talking M..ER F..ER !!!! MHO only !!!!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
STOP !!!! Don`t defend that DEV !!! If he talks shit, he is talking shit, what ever YOU say !!! With that income (9000 bucks) a month, he should be doing this FULLTIME (as he said), or hire people to do so !!! His family situation wife, children or what so ever, don`t count, because if he goes to work (8 hours a day normaly+travel), he is out of the house, so wife and children are in any case alone or what so ever !!!! He is just lazy, shit talking M..ER F..ER !!!! MHO only !!!!
You running your own business? You self employed? What is your work and family situation? Feel like share with us? You vote with your money or is it just sticks and stones?

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
Hey hey hey, it's not the end of the day, so let's wait till 23:59 and then we will request to put abandon tag on this thread
Kyle can also cling to the following questions: Did he mention in what time zone the time limit of his announced update would be based? And on what calendar?

Because he is very capable of saying that he was referring to one of the Pacific time zones before day change (as Hawaii), or that he was referring to another calendar (for example, we are now in the 11 January 2019 of the Julian calendar -used by the Orthodox Church-, although it could be very very worse -we are now in the 1440 year of the Islamic calendar-).

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes