VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

kilo310

Jun 23, 2017
Thx dude
Your right i dont know his situation, what i do know is what was promised as a target on patreon.....

at no point as he stated that this wouldnt be the case and im pretty sure in more than one of his long winded mindless updates about his site rather than the game, that he has stated he has now put more time in to developing the game, yet we have absolutely no proof of this except weekly tracker updates which dont move for weeks if not months on end. Nothing stated about family holding him back, no personal issues stated, so with a complete lack of evidence kyle has actually produced anything other than a small pointless christmas update, one no one actually requested, then it all points to nothing actually being done or if it is then at a much slower pace than has been promised, and realistically has probably only been in development for weeks rather than months.

he's getting paid no matter what, what incentive does he have to get this completed? he claims to be a perfectionist.... if he changed to a charge per update i can guarantee this would have come out a long time ago perfectionist or not. He's played the system and is winning everyday patreon dont give him the boot.

i saw that post go up and then get deleted about 30 seconds later, filtering the negative comments out to protect his illusion no doubt.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
In regard of your bar example; If five guys agreeing on buy round's they agreed on something.
But he's not legally obligated right? There's no legally binding contract or subscription service. Yet in this example you see your moral obligation, you understand you promised 'X' and thus you are now accountable for the value of your word.

To play on your bar example. It's kinda like ask some girl out. Do you expect her to pick of half the check, or do you cover it?
If I ask someone out, I pick up the tab and have a good time. I don't expect anything else than just that. I don't expect the girl to feel obliged to do anything particular either. Other than hopefully share a good time.
If I picked up a girl, and she promised to split the bill halfway with me but then didn't, I would not take that girl out again because her word mean't nothing.

If your Patreon tank, wouldn't that just mean people vote with their money and throw their support someplace else?
Obviously, but that doesn't mean I or anyone else wants to see the project tank though.

We'd much rather see an amazing game that could stand head to head with the best games on this site than...well, The Void.

If you look at what gumdrop made in the past, the previous episodes. It's not like he taken cash and ran away without provide anything/make anything at all. So the episode we all waiting for is taking a lot of time. A bit like waiting for the next season of your favorite tv show to start up again right?
My TV doesn't advertise the release date of a show and then when I tune in, tell me to try again next month.

But as you are a creator yourself, can you even relate to gumdrop if he doesn't want to release something before he feel its ready in regard of the quality he want it to be?
Yes, I can relate to wanting to produce the highest quality possible. I hate feeling that I simply haven't done a good enough job. I am my own harshest critic.

What I cannot relate to is concocting crazy length-release cycles with promises I simply cannot keep. If I was facing down the barrel of a project that would take me over a year to release, I would:
A.) consider hiring help (Which he even admits he should have done).
B.) Re-evaluated whether this was the right way to release content, and whether I could break it down to produce a more steady work stream.
C.) Be upfront and honest that I couldn't set any release date in stone.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
My TV doesn't advertise the release date of a show and then when I tune in, tell me to try again next month.

Yes, I can relate to wanting to produce the highest quality possible. I hate feeling that I simply haven't done a good enough job. I am my own harshest critic.

What I cannot relate to is concocting crazy length-release cycles with promises I simply cannot keep. If I was facing down the barrel of a project that would take me over a year to release, I would:
A.) consider hiring help (Which he even admits he should have done).
B.) Re-evaluated whether this was the right way to release content, and whether I could break it down to produce a more steady work stream.
C.) Be upfront and honest that I couldn't set any release date in stone.
Your tv doesn't necessary advertise, but there been series I have followed that ended season with a cliff hanger and then later find out the show was cancelled. Also I was more thinking (pointing towards) the time between seasons. Just look at how long time it taken between previous season of like GOT and when next (last) one will air.

In regard of hire help, idk. With projects such as this, it could just as well help dilute the whole thing and make it into something entire else. Would you hire people to help you write a story? Would it still be your story? I know people who write books etc hire researchers to help them with fact checks, background material and such, but not quite the same.

As a creator, regardless of what it is really. Doubt and second guessing yourself is a curse. Sometimes you just end up create a monster that take on its own life. Hence you end up break dead lines and release dates you set for yourself. Why I kinda a firm believer of "it's ready when it done". Much better than set a dead line that get rushed, and you get served a pile of dung.

Atm I picture Gumdrop in an awful big car, with many backseats filled with kids keep repeating; "are we there yet?"

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Your tv doesn't necessary advertise, but there been series I have followed that ended season with a cliff hanger and then later find out the show was cancelled. Also I was more thinking (pointing towards) the time between seasons. Just look at how long time it taken between previous season of like GOT and when next (last) one will air.

In regard of hire help, idk. With projects such as this, it could just as well help dilute the whole thing and make it into something entire else. Would you hire people to help you write a story? Would it still be your story? I know people who write books etc hire researchers to help them with fact checks, background material and such, but not quite the same.

As a creator, regardless of what it is really. Doubt and second guessing yourself is a curse. Sometimes you just end up create a monster that take on its own life. Hence you end up break dead lines and release dates you set for yourself. Why I kinda a firm believer of "it's ready when it done". Much better than set a dead line that get rushed, and you get served a pile of dung.

Atm I picture Gumdrop in an awful big car, with many backseats filled with kids keep repeating; "are we there yet?"
I think the point he's making is that GumDrop did advertise a release date and then failed to deliver on time which is pretty standard for him tbh.

Reactions: yep10

GUcciBoy

Feb 21, 2018
Ahh you're right. It's more like Dashcon. I just like using hyperbole.

Whether the story is pre-written is up to the decision of the creator. What's given you the impression Gumdrops knows where the story is going? My theory is it ends with us leaving to Switzerland, depressed and alone thus far, as we write type away at an old type writer in a greasy white vest in a dingy apartment about our 'forbidden love we never acted on.'

That's all well and good, except he's not writing a book. He's on Patreon. George R.R Martin is not selling himself out for monthly donations to release the next chapter. If Gumdrops was so convinced of his amazing plot/VN Novel and he has truly dedicated himself to insanely long cycles. He should remove the patreon, be upfront with his fans, and start a kickstarter instead, (I am well aware that will never happen).
ok the Switzrland part crack me half neven if i'm sick, because it's pure true ahahah

Reactions: lostraven

GUcciBoy

Feb 21, 2018
I just want to tell something to the moderators, i'm coming back to these thread, not only for undestand in which perfection time he will feel comfortable to gift the patroen's, but also to read and have fun, because this all thread is just a meme it's should be tagged like comedy or something like this, but i hope you will not close, because i'm having fun reading all these comments.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
That's the risk you take investing in any series. The same risk is still ever present even with the major release coming in one huge update, he could just pull out now and you'll be once again left in the dark.

I act as a writer for a game. I'm given some direction where he wants the story to go and everything I write is run by him first so it sticks to his vision.

But really Gumdrops doesn't need a writer, (He'd despise the idea of another writer anyway, it would be a fruitless endeavor).

WHAT HE CAN HIRE however, are coders, other artists skilled in DAZ who can help with posing/scenes etc. They would be able to easily speed up the production rate.

Yes, deadlines can get broken, shit can go wrong, that's life.
What you do in those circumstances in own up to the fact you made a mistake, hope people forgive you, and don't make the same mistake once again. The first time it happens it can be chalked up to a variety of things, naivety, inexperience etc. The problem comes when you don't learn and make the same mistakes over...and over....and over....and over....again.

I picture Gumdrop in an awful big car, with many backseats filled with kids keep repeating; "are we there yet?"
Personally, I picture Gumdrops a lot more like this:
Titanic gif.gif

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well, he is really incompetent, people see it and express their feelings in comments, there is no need to insult or blame them.
Just as they have no real reason for verbal abuse of gumdrop right? You can be critical of someone and something without turn into a mob. I said it a few times, vote with your money. It's the strongest argument you have, and if you haven't spent a dime to start with, do you then have something to complain about? It's over half a year since I gave any to Gumdrops patreon. If he deliver on the next release (whenever), maybe I tip his jar again.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
Just as they have no real reason for verbal abuse of gumdrop right? You can be critical of someone and something without turn into a mob. I said it a few times, vote with your money. It's the strongest argument you have, and if you haven't spent a dime to start with, do you then have something to complain about? It's over half a year since I gave any to Gumdrops patreon. If he deliver on the next release (whenever), maybe I tip his jar again.
why are you even on this thread ? when the last update dropped, this thread was at page 180. meaning literally half of it is people complaining, mocking, calling the dev names etc. he delays this SINGLE update for like the 4th time probably. you think you will change anything by being a white knight ? the whole thread is a joke for months now. everyone here knows that gumdrop is a conman and his patreons mentally challenged.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes