VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
I doubt it very much, I think many of his supporters are die hard fans and will be happy with anything he comes up with even if it's the same old we've seen from him... and that's really their business if they want to keep supporting him or not.
Yeah, well, I'm talking about new patrons

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Yeah, well, I'm talking about new patrons
With the amount he's making, he should be more concerned about keeping the ones he has rather than getting new ones, but at this point I just have to wonder, short of saying: "Hey, I'm not working on the game anymore", what it would take for his supporters to drop him.

Reactions: ju1zzed

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Gumdrop looking at his income...
Honestly i'd look like that too if i was him

With the amount he's making, he should be more concerned about keeping the ones he has rather than getting new ones, but at this point I just have to wonder, short of saying: "Hey, I'm not working on the game anymore", what it would take for his supporters to drop him.
Yeah, but as you said, unless he comes out and says that he's not developing the game anymore, i don't see any of his supporters canceling their subription

January2015

Apr 26, 2017
the only reason people are bashing gumdrop is because we have nothing else to do. no update since march, its february now. if not for bashing him, this thread would have died at 100 and something page.
question is why are people defending him ? fine, you are supporting him for some reason, whatever. why do you have the need to keep justifying and arguing with some random people on the internet? either you wanna convince yourself that you are not getting screwed over or we are going into conspiracy territory.
Maybe this -

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I doubt it very much, I think many of his supporters are die hard fans and will be happy with anything he comes up with even if it's the same old we've seen from him... and that's really their business if they want to keep supporting him or not.

But I prefer to be diplomatic and give him the benefit of the doubt. Would I put my money behind it? Not a chance.
I think it might work the other way too. His critics will never be happy with anything he will eventually deliver either. But such is not unique to him or his game, but just about anything you can be a fan/supporter/critic of in life else.

If he deliver something good, I'll tip his jar again for the effort.

Reactions: Silk_Ari

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
I think it might work the other way too. His critics will never be happy with anything he will eventually deliver either. But such is not unique to him or his game, but just about anything you can be a fan/supporter/critic of in life else.

If he deliver something good, I'll tip his jar again for the effort.
Well what the fuck do you expect after 1 year of nothing?

should i be extatic to see another 1 year delay?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

Well that's the thing, I never have any high expectations of ANYTHING, that way you wont get disappointed either. Isn't that a nice way to go about things. Don't worry it come with age :p

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
Well that's the thing, I never have any high expectations of ANYTHING, that way you wont get disappointed either. Isn't that a nice way to go about things. Don't worry it come with age :p
Well im old enough, dont worry :)

and yes you are right somewhat, but i still cant accept it.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

Calm down guy, have you worked on a game, it's a massive undertaking of time, resources and money. Until his release is out, all you're doing is speculating, wait for his release then complain all you want about it. Im not saying you;re wrong, Im just saying you're a bit over dramatic on the impact it has on you, just don't give him money... if others want to that;s their business.

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
but yes im a filthy pirate...so i cant complain, just saying.

Calm down guy, have you worked on a game, it's a massive undertaking of time, resources and money. Until his release is out, all you're doing is speculating, wait for his release then complain all you want about it. Im not saying you;re wrong, Im just saying you're a bit over dramatic on the impact it has on you, just don't give him money... if others want to that;s their business.
Hey hey hey...plz i dont want to insult or bad mouth anyone at all, BUT you cant diss me for making fun of gumdrop at all...i mean 1 year without an update is hardcore lazy...

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hey hey hey...plz i dont want to insult or bad mouth anyone at all, BUT you cant diss me for making fun of gumdrop at all...i mean 1 year without an update is hardcore lazy...
We're going in circles here, until you see the final product, I don't think it's right to say he's lazy, you can strongly suspect him of being so, but wait for the update and then you can say it with confidence. His supporters seem to think he will come up with something brilliant, maybe they could be right. Who know's stranger things have happened... look at Trump. (Shit, no Trump talk please... just an example.)

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
We're going in circles here, until you see the final product, I don't think it's right to say he's lazy, you can strongly suspect him of being so, but wait for the update and then you can say it with confidence. His supporters seem to think he will come up with something brilliant, maybe they could be right. Who know's stranger things have happened... look at Trump. (Shit, no Trump talk please... just an example.)
I will wait for the update, no doubt.

I better just go now, i dont want to be hated by you silk...i just let it go for now...have a great day :)

sry guys, i get kinda emotional sometimes.;D.

Reactions: allintine

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I will wait for the update, no doubt.

I better just go now, i dont want to be hated by you silk...i just let it go for now...have a great day :)

sry guys.
lol there's no hate, I'm just saying you might be a tad over dramatic about him and his game... we'll see what happens. Clearly he's the winner in any case lol

I.E. I don't think he bats an eye at people criticizing him/calling him names.

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
lol there's no hate, I'm just saying you might be a tad over dramatic about him and his game... we'll see what happens. Clearly he's the winner in any case lol

I never hated his game at all...
i realy liked it, im just kinda pissed thats all :)

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

Well even most large game companies and publisher doesn't do that, even there is examples. Such as when someone over at EA talked down at fan's critic of Battlefield 5. Something that did reflect back at their sales too. Wage war on your "fans" regardless if they support you or hate you. Yeah I believe you can be a fan of something you even hate. You can be fan of a game series, but hate the publisher etc. If you start flinch at someone that poke a stick at you, the number of sticks would just keep increase just for the hell of it.

For most parts wasting effort on haters and critics lead no where except wasted time. If critic is valid you can take it at hart and try do better. Such as most people would do else right.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes