VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
another month with no release, so much for the xmas release causing the delay, he himself admitted he put that out with 3 weeks work. the January release with all that buffer built in seems so long ago now.

See his patreon has dipped again so expecting either him to release something in the next couple of months as the income continues to reduce or as someone else mentioned on here for him to abandon for lack of interest, 2nd most likely option as lets face it he's not exactly the most trustworthy individual is he.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
patreon pledges always drop around the first of the month due to failed credit card charges. it means nothing until later on.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Someone posted earlier what he said on patreon but this was a subtle recruitment ad. Hope no one takes the bait.
recruitment add really? You grasping at straws now. I wouldn't recommend anyone pledge to him before he release a proper update.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Don't think there is anyone left here that does pledge to him. Maybe you should try and then tell us what he post? :p
You literally told him to sub to his patreon to see the update instead of telling him to scroll up or go a page back to see what the update on his patreon was about. And you lied when you said that there are no subs of him here when the update from patreon was posted last page.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You literally told him to sub to his patreon to see the update instead of telling him to scroll up or go a page back to see what the update on his patreon was about. And you lied when you said that there are no subs of him here when the update from patreon was posted last page.
The last 100+ posts or so, doesn't really give much impression there is a whole lot of patreons of his here. Feel free to "hands up" those that still pledge.

Also, last "quote" from his Patreon in this thread did occur before end of the month and renewal. Got no guarantee whoever did pledge last month does it this month. Also I don't hang around GD's patreon page, so for all I know, what "MyKillDotes" asked for could been some new post, not necessary something posted in this thread 5 days ago.

Dec 24, 2018
another month with no release, so much for the xmas release causing the delay, he himself admitted he put that out with 3 weeks work. the January release with all that buffer built in seems so long ago now.

See his patreon has dipped again so expecting either him to release something in the next couple of months as the income continues to reduce or as someone else mentioned on here for him to abandon for lack of interest, 2nd most likely option as lets face it he's not exactly the most trustworthy individual is he.
The X-mas release was a bullshit excuse, the original January 25th deadline was a lie to placate his patreon subscribers. Gumdrop is just lazy and doesn't want to work. He wants to sit on his ass all day and as long as his patreon subscribers keep giving him large amounts of money he will continue to procrastinate and put little work into developing the game. His patreon money may be going down, but who knows how much of it is people switching their pledges from patreon to his website. Maybe after this latest release comes out and people see that the update did not justify over a years worth of development time (this isn't coming out in march) some of his patreon subscribers will begin to see they're being taken advantage, but they're so delusional I bet they'll just pledge more money because the update is finally out.

mvill

Apr 9, 2018
there are a LOT of quality games with good stories and dependable developers. i'll list a few to get you started:

Depraved Awakening (PhillyGames)
Melody
Acting Lessons
The DeLuca Family
GRAY
. . . i could go on but this is probably not the right thread for that :p
thanks, what about stories w/MS themes?

Reactions: leon02457

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
So the game will be release maybe in the next 2 months and maybe within this months. Gumdrop definition of coming soon is a month. Idk why his patrons still giving him free money. Smh.

The0neBL

Donor
Feb 22, 2018
why does the main post show, last release as March 2018? Is the current version really that old?
So far game is good, nice story and character models. The sister-in-law looks a bit weird, other than that is good.
Also, does the game reach platonic stage only?

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes