VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Sep 18, 2018
Well I assumed it because this whole "money laundry" scheme been brought up earlier in the thread. When you pledge on patreon you need to transfer the money through somewhere. Visa, Mastercard, PayPal... It's not like you can just drop some coins on a slot and then all sorted. I assume Patreon got some checks in place that would raise red flags if someone created many user accounts that would use the same credit card, paypal or something as payment method. Using "view" bots on like twitch and youtube is a whole other story. No money is involved there, its about artificial bump the traffic to mess with the algorithms. Such can get channel accounts closed though, and is being beaten down heavy on by twitch and youtube.

Also remember, patreons come and go. Some can pledge for a couple months and then stop. Meanwhile new ones will come and pledge as well, before they stop and wander off to something else. You can't look at patreons as a constant factor. At current time GD is bleeding pledges, but that is related to his lack of have something to show for more than anything.

Also remember; Patreon doesn't advertise or market a creator. How well creators does it on the patreon platform come down to how good they are at draw attention to their game (or whatever else the creator is making/doing). I see people say "this and that" creator does deserve more than other creators, because they are better and so forth. But if a creator suck at market themselves and get attention to what they are doing, it doesn't matter how good they are. If you start look around on the internet for GD's game, you will find it on a lot of sites. Someone that might come across that game today, even though no update happen in like forever, wouldn't really know or care much. They relate to the experience they get with the game now, and then might get drawn to pledge because they want to see the next episode or whatever.

If you check this @ It give a stat of the adult game creators on patreon and how much they make. Quite a few doesn't have their income visible, but anyways.

If you take Dark Cookie, he is ranked as number 1 with 17k+ Patreons, pulling almost 49k a month. Adeptus Steve ranked 8 with 4k+ patreons and pulling 44k+. You can wonder if those pledge to Adeptus getting the short end of the stick, if you compare "cash per patreon". Or maybe Adeptus is better at sell himself than Dark Cookie? Seeing Team Nimbus pulling almost 19k+ a month for Cloud Meadow, and knowing the whole history around that saga. (and how crap the game actually is), you can question if all his pledges is brain damaged, or maybe they just doesn't know the backstory to well.

There is a LOT of creators on that list that deserve more than others on it in terms of quality of their work. But what you deserve and what you get is two different things.

Good points, ill give you that!

Reactions: eyang1628

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Gumdrop updated his patreon page and it says coming soon.. can anyone post the content of what he posted?

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert.

SaxySax

Jun 10, 2018
It still bothers me that GD makes about the same, if not more, money than some 3D SFM creators that actually deserve the money like Lord Aardvark.

Dec 24, 2018
When will gumdrop release the part x?
It's already the beginning of March with no indication it'll be out within the next week, and knowing gumdrop if he doesn't release the game at the beginning of the month he'll wait until the next month so he can collect another round of patreon checks. Don't expect anything until April at this point, that is if it's ever coming out.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Can somebody plz continue DF under another name so we can get through this faster smh
While you at it, can you make a new star wars movie that doesn't suck as well? Btw, nothing keep "YOU" from do just what you ask for right? If you really want something to happen, start work for it. Don't wait around for others to do things for you.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
can anybody recommend stories similar in quality to DF that don't have such long wait times?
there are a LOT of quality games with good stories and dependable developers. i'll list a few to get you started:

Depraved Awakening (PhillyGames)
Melody
Acting Lessons
The DeLuca Family
GRAY
. . . i could go on but this is probably not the right thread for that :p

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes