VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Jan 22, 2019
The scene rendering tracker on the site was updated yesterday, and it says it's complete, and there's a new post there for patreon supporters. So I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more.

D

Deleted member 1134835

1551105344970.png

I've got a quick one for you lads -- join me!
Scenes are done. Complete. The past two weeks were a bit more quiet than usual for that final leg, posing the remaining scenes in the dance segment and rendering them fully. The tracker was updated yesterday with similar news -- it will be updated again very soon to reflect post-work.
Rendering Part X's scenes took a lifetime and a half, definitely much longer than it should have -- somewhere around 10 months. Now that it's complete, I'm more than happy to say the worst is over with; post-work won't be serving the almost year-long sentence its predecessor, scene rendering did. For more detail on the writing, composition and sex animations that fall within the post-work scope, you can check out the previous three dev updates.
As promised, there's another three Part X previews out this week to celebrate total scene completion! I'll be jumping back into regular dev updates every 7-8 days again, keeping you informed on the post-work; giving an inside scoop on the sex animations is something I'm excited for!
Love you lads. See you soon. :]
Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Scenes are done. Complete. The past two weeks were a bit more quiet than usual for that final leg, posing the remaining scenes in the dance segment and rendering them fully. The tracker was updated yesterday with similar news -- it will be updated again very soon to reflect post-work.
Rendering Part X's scenes took a lifetime and a half, definitely much longer than it should have -- somewhere around 10 months. Now that it's complete, I'm more than happy to say the worst is over with; post-work won't be serving the almost year-long sentence its predecessor, scene rendering did. For more detail on the writing, composition and sex animations that fall within the post-work scope, you can check out the previous three dev updates.
As promised, there's another three Part X previews out this week to celebrate total scene completion! I'll be jumping back into regular dev updates every 7-8 days again, keeping you informed on the post-work; giving an inside scoop on the sex animations is something I'm excited for!
Kyle,
Gumdrop Games

Mar 22, 2018
View attachment 252387

Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Now what? When he release the stuff?

Reactions: leon02457

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
View attachment 252387

Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Awesome! The post-work won't take 10 months to finish! It'll only take half that time. See ya's in July! :whistle:

Sep 18, 2018
View attachment 252387

Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Kyle,
Gumdrop Games
Only 6 moths to months left! Its so close now lads.
Join the hyyyyypeee train!!!!

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
So much for his boasts about how powerful his new rendering hardware is! A year ago he told us glowingly that his new stuff would boost rendering and updates massively! What came out of it? The next (last) update was a month late and pardon me, but even 2800 renders do not take 10+ months to complete, especially with the hardware he insists he has! There are developers here on F95 who have definitly worse equipment than gumdrop, but produce several hundred quality renders each month!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
scenes are only rendered yet, from what I can gather from this post. Writing, composition, and animations are left. Judging by the number of scenes, writing alone would take months.
I really don't like commenting on another games thread but I'm genuinely confused by this.

How are the renders done if the writing and composition aren't? Surely you write the scene, then compose it - then render it? *wonders what she's missing*

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
I really don't like commenting on another games thread but I'm genuinely confused by this.

How are the renders done if the writing and composition aren't? Surely you write the scene, then compose it - then render it? *wonders what she's missing*
I think there's some misunderstanding going on, "For more detail on the writing, composition and sex animations that fall within the post-work scope, you can check out the previous three dev updates."

They've already been detailed in previous posts, so they more than likely are done already.

Reactions: Nottravis

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Think you folks forget he usually floods the market with pinup packs first before releasing the actual product

Feb 18, 2018

lol that's what I was thinking. sorry for the confusion then.

Reactions: Nottravis

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
So much for his boasts about how powerful his new rendering hardware is! A year ago he told us glowingly that his new stuff would boost rendering and updates massively! What came out of it? The next (last) update was a month late and pardon me, but even 2800 renders do not take 10+ months to complete, especially with the hardware he insists he has! There are developers here on F95 who have definitly worse equipment than gumdrop, but produce several hundred quality renders each month!
I currently asked the dev of this game:

He finished a game last year and now he already published his second game in february. Quality is top notch, one of the best in f95zone as far as I´ve seen. I think between the last game he finished and his new one, there is a timespan of around 2-3 months. And he did 1301 renders with his first build in around 3 months.

His rig for his renders:
2 computers to render and two graphic cards (Nvidia 1080TI) per computer (800-900Dollar for every card = 2500 Dollar).

Additionally, he has scenes in his game with about 4-7 models. Every Daz3D-Artists knows, how much time just 2 models in one scene can consume. But 7 is another level and would take ages to render with many computers.

So, in summary he managed to render 1300 scenes in 3 months, which are by far, better quality than Kyle´s, and he often uses many models in just one scene, which are veeery time-consuming to render. On contrary, Kyle doesn´t even have such scenes at all (he often chooses setups, where there is none or just one model in one scene).

And now Kyle really told people, that he bought certain stuff to boost render-speed, but is completely outbeaten by another dev, with less patreons, less money and a setup, that "only" cost him around 2500 - 3000 Dollars + a dev, who spends his money additionally for other stuff to make his game top notch (oral speakers...) + who also does post-work, who additionally uses photoshop etc.

If there is a benchmark many Dev´s should concentrate on, then the Dev above is the one. And Kyle certainly is below average. So, I´m really interested, what stuff he bought, to speed everything up. If there´s one dude here, who´s a patreon or on his discord group, please ask him, what and how many graphic cards he uses, how many ram his "many" computers have...because it clearly doesn´t add up to his statement he made in the past

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes