VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Gumdrop sucks, and I won't ever give him money, but don't get mad at him for exploiting a system, where a bunch of marks give him money just to pretend he's working on something. And don't get mad at patreon for taking money from people willingly giving it to them each month. Be mad at his patrons who apparently have enough money that they can piss it away each month without concern as to whether or not it is being used in good faith.
That is a bit like get pissed off at whales in F2P games for ruining for everyone else. There is a lot of these "so called" f2p social games out there that is nothing more than a fleece the players for as much as possible at as little cost as possible. Those that spend a fuckton of money (the whales), basically keep the party going for everyone to play. But the hate on the whales because they "pay 2 win" and can roll over just about anyone is enormous.

Everyone spend money on crap other people disagree with. If you going to hate people over how they spend money, there would be A LOT of hate in this world. Anyone remember the clusterfuck "Breeding Season" and how that fizzled out? The supporters got strung a long for a good while before the bomb hit there as well. Sometimes things just have to evolve and blow up by itself (if it does). Getting mad at and hate people for support things you don't disagree with is just a waste of calories.

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Its not my theory, the laundering, its just something one of the users on here came up with because of the fact that his excuses and constant breach of promises has lead to no bleeding of patreons. If anything they have increased. How can you possibly explain an increase in fans without any content being released?

You might argue, Oh no Sydd.. Check his patreon, he's bleeding patrons now. Well.. no, they're being transferred to his website that he made. Which implies that folks are actively supporting him still, but.. why? I can understand some being swayed by his patreon posts that he uploads from time to time, but since there are a very small proportion of people that are actually inquiring about his lack of updates, its safe to assume that the large amount of money he's earning isn't coming by patrons but by GD himself.

This whole thing could be wrong but it somehow makes sense to me and I may be biased because its a lot more interesting that way. I don't know. *shrugs*

@Lordmantill I meant the lack of updates for the game, apologies for being unclear.
I know it isn't your theory i'm just saying thats not what money laundering is. Based on what you're describing it sounds kind of like when people add bot followers on twitter to make themselves seem more relevant. If you want to speculate that maybe GumDrop is donating to his own project or has a family member to help support his donation total thats one thing. Laundering money makes the additional assumption that not only is the money coming from kyle its coming from something illegal. You probably get what i'm saying by now and if you still believe that laundering money is a likely scenario thats your bussiness i just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page on what is meant when we say hes laundering money.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I know it isn't your theory i'm just saying thats not what money laundering is. Based on what you're describing it sounds kind of like when people add bot followers on twitter to make themselves seem more relevant. If you want to speculate that maybe GumDrop is donating to his own project or has a family member to help support his donation total thats one thing. Laundering money makes the additional assumption that not only is the money coming from kyle its coming from something illegal. You probably get what i'm saying by now and if you still believe that laundering money is a likely scenario thats your bussiness i just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page on what is meant when we say hes laundering money.
A business as transparent as Patreon is a fucking retarded way to try "launder illegal" money through. Also implying someone is criminal or doing criminal activities is a far stretch from being critical about someone being a bad game dev. Actually starting such rumors about someone, even mask it as; "just speculation" is actually a criminal offense GD could actually pursue legal actions towards. Just google defamation, slander & libel if you don't believe me. People been sued for less and got their life ruined for let their mouth running unchecked.

You could at most probably public claim he is a thief stealing people's money and then proclaim you speak on behalf of a common interest group you are a member of. In this case that would be being a member of his paying patreons. But even then you would need to prove the fact he is stealing your money.

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
Listen to his pet lawyer barking and howling in his master defense, gumdrop the saint, Jesus isn't this dude fed up saying the same thing all over again and again?

Dec 24, 2018
I'm pretty sure he peaked at 12k and now hes under 8k he's lost over a 1/3 of his income before tax. Thats not good business; i think its more likely the dude is just an amateur in over his head.
If he released the game at a regular pace he'd be almost 2/3 of the way done by now, but with this delay he's still not even 1/3 of done. The faster he releases the game, the less months he gets to collect patreon checks. The faster he releases the game he more time he has to spend working on the game. He'd rather take more months with less, but still a lot, money and much less work. He'd probably make a bit more money releasing the game faster, but it's not just about money, he's also lazy.

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
I dont know if he'd make the progress you think he'd make we'd definitely see more of the game but i bet itd be in bite sized baby updates like a lot of the other games on this site. The only developers i trust to actually finish a project are the ones who have actually finished a project and eva kiss because holy cow shes the poster child for consistency.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Listen to his pet lawyer barking and howling in his master defense, gumdrop the saint, Jesus isn't this dude fed up saying the same thing all over again and again?
Stating an actual fact doesn't make anyone a pet lawyer. I actually told you what you can do if you want to accuse GD of being a thief as well. Then again, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong side.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
@Joshua Tree
Pardon me, but your narrative "You support a creator, not subscribe a service" is Bull when applied to tangible stuff (instead the youtube vids you support) like e.g. books, games or music. It might not be worded as such, but the implication is definitely "I give you money, you give me ....".
When I and many other people supported John Wick and his team to develop the 2nd edition of 7th Sea back in the day it was explicitely clear that it was "Fans give money, John Wick and Co. briing out 7th Sea 2nd.", NOT "We support John Wick and he gives us an essay about the Life of the little, pink Ploink". And Wick an his team delivered a great new version of 7th Sea! He did what he promised.

Gumdrop on the other hand is the kind of developer who gives us the essay about the life of little pink ploink with his increasingly absurd essayist excuses, constant promise and date breaking and several proven lies. He might not violate the wording of what patreon, kickstarter and all the other patronage things are about, but he kicks the spirit of it with his feet.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
@Joshua Tree
Pardon me, but your narrative "You support a creator, not subscribe a service" is Bull when applied to tangible stuff (instead the youtube vids you support) like e.g. books, games or music. It might not be worded as such, but the implication is definitely "I give you money, you give me ....".
When I and many other people supported John Wick and his team to develop the 2nd edition of 7th Sea back in the day it was explicitely clear that it was "Fans give money, John Wick and Co. briing out 7th Sea 2nd.", NOT "We support John Wick and he gives us an essay about the Life of the little, pink Ploink". And Wick an his team delivered a great new version of 7th Sea! He did what he promised.

Gumdrop on the other hand is the kind of developer who gives us the essay about the life of little pink ploink with his increasingly absurd essayist excuses, constant promise and date breaking and several proven lies. He might not violate the wording of what patreon, kickstarter and all the other patronage things are about, but he kicks the spirit of it with his feet.
You have no guarantee some creator of adult games on Patreon scrap their game/project and start another one. Many games that been scrapped, re-hashed and so forth.

I had to google this 7th sea, and kickstarter came up as well as patreon. That kind of mud the water a bit no? Kickstarter and patreon two quite different platforms.

Typical Patreon presentations is introduction of who you are, and what you are making/currently working on. Kickstarter is more "this is our project and we need your help (funds) to realize it". Also kickstarter is legally binding "Deliver or get sued". Been enough legal debacle over kickstarter ventures. If GD had been on kickstarter with his game, maybe you could gone after him legally, but then you had to prove he is not working on the game. Not meeting a release date is not grounds alone, just look at like "star citizen" that started with kickstarter, failed one release date after the other and still not done.

What you get out of support a creator can be highly individual.

Also if you want to debate or argue the guide lines of Patreon, you might want to address your grievance directly to patreon. They can help you with that (or not), more than anyone here. Quite sure they made their rules and guidelines very simple due to the huge diversity of creators on the platform.

Patreon says;

"Patrons pledge money to creators for creating content. Depending on the creator’s preference, you will be charged either a set amount per month or per creation. Patreon is not responsible for the quality, timing or legality of content or rewards."

So, if a creator your support have a change of heart and give you an "essay about the Life of the little, pink Ploink". It might not be what you wanted, but you got content, and Patreon washed their hands of it.

Also; Keep give support to a creator that doesn't give you what you where looking for is silly. But that is something each and everyone have to figure out for themselves. Just as whatever else dumb shit they spend on in life else, or sport/teams they support or politicians they vote for, or.... the list goes on and on.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm new in this website guys so bear me a little but I did saw a post on a website called ( svscomics ) about this games and it's said on the post the version is 1.01 you can check it out if you want, again I apologize for any misunderstanding.
That is the Christmas special -

Reactions: Dr.LockeTheMad
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes