VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Had forgotten this game existed until i noticed the on hold in my feed, I can remember the brave knights months ago defending the dev and flaming us for flaming him, i feel a bit sorry for his patrons, anyone willing to commit to this joke can't be of sound mind and the dude is just exploiting the dumber members of our species ...
Well I would defend my wife and say that she is of sound mind. Sadly she married me and gets dissapointed daily so clearly she's nuts.
I do not understand anyone who supports him too many lies, too much disappointment.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
hes now claiming it wont be as late as july/august on his discord however he has now put extra disclaimers in, hes only responsible for the writing and not the other two remaining parts so cant give definitive deadlines on them, all he can say is the next animation is in the works...... thought he hired this guy before christmas? why has he barely started? really is looking more and more like he didnt even start on development until after the christmas update, hes a conman of the highest order

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
I just had an idea! If his supporters want new content, maybe they should ask for a spring/autumn (depending on where you live) special. He can whip it up in three weeks, while his contractors do the animations! No need to thank me folks! :geek:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Well, with the posts of the last few days it becomes ever clearer that gumdrop never started doing anything on the update until the Christmas Special at all. There is simply no way the writing, renders and animations take this long unless he never did start last year. What a self-censored, self-censored fraking disgrace of a developer!
As a little side info: The maker of "Interns of Ecstasy Island", see in my sig below, and me myself as well had a date with Godfather Death not so long ago "thanks" to severe, stealthy sicknesses. We made it, but are still recovering. STILL, Usagi works on Interns consistently and has brought out more updates than gumdrop! I am a hobby writer and while a combination of Life, recovery and work shut down most of it for now, until then I brought out more new chapters writing than the Conman making Dual Family last year, despite having knocked on Heaven´s door.
Which is why I despise gumdrop with a passion.

Dec 24, 2018
Well hate to like totally dissapoint everyone......wait what am I saying I love disappointing people especially my wife in bed. But my idiot wife supports this ahole and he told her july/August. So I think its quiet clear the update does not exist and probably never will. Right now your basically doing what my wife has been doing since she met me. And that is hoping for something that's never going to happen. My poor wife is still hoping I'll last longer than 2 minutes and give her an orgasm. Never gunna happen no matter how much hope she has. That's why I had a vibrating shower head installed so she could finish herself off when I roll over and go sleep. So basically find yourself another game to fap to theres plenty on here. It's a shame this game had promise but I think we all need to realise it's dead. On a side note if anyone willing to continue this I would be happy to support you. Better use of money than giving it a con artist.
If what you said is true, even if this update does come out, the game is definitely never getting finished and the update will never justify well over a years worth of development time.

Can you ask your wife why she supports Gumdrop and why she doesn't think she's being taken advantage of/milked, and lied to? I'm genuinely curious how people justify giving him money when it's so obvious all gumdrop does is lie and milk. How does your wife justify her delusions?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If what you said is true, even if this update does come out, the game is definitely never getting finished and the update will never justify well over a years worth of development time.

Can you ask your wife why she supports Gumdrop and why she doesn't think she's being taken advantage of/milked, and lied to? I'm genuinely curious how people justify giving him money when it's so obvious all gumdrop does is lie and milk. How does your wife justify her delusions?
Why does anyone have to justify doing what they do? Isn't it her, and her decision alone why she do what she does?

You have compulsive liars in seats of power and people still follow them. If you need to seek out justification from people for doing things you doesn't agree with, damn; you end up with a full time job.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Why does anyone have to justify doing what they do? Isn't it her, and her decision alone why she do what she does?

You have compulsive liars in seats of power and people still follow them. If you need to seek out justification from people for doing things you doesn't agree with, damn; you end up with a full time job.
Well at the very least it gives us inside why some people have poor judgement. What makes my blood boil. is why people are still defending him when someone makes remark about him doing the milking from his patreon.

You are correct when you state it none of our buisness when your wife is giving him money through patreon. but what is our buisness when we make comment about gumdrup is milking his patreon someone start attack the post and defending this milker. I thought this site was suppose to be free of judgment calls as long as it was done in a contructive way.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well at the very least it gives us inside why some people have poor judgement. What makes my blood boil. is why people are still defending him when someone makes remark about him doing the milking from his patreon.

You are correct when you state it none of our buisness when your wife is giving him money through patreon. but what is our buisness when we make comment about gumdrup is milking his patreon someone start attack the post and defending this milker. I thought this site was suppose to be free of judgment calls as long as it was done in a contructive way.
Uh, not my wife..... if that is what you indicate. But I do know, if you do start criticize your wife for interests she might have, or spending (at least something minor as this), it sure as hell won't be worth it for you.

Judgement calls done in a constructive way? Uh, it feels more like people being angry at GD, take it out on whoever follow/support him when they can't make any headway Vs GD himself. Which is no different than start attack people for the way they vote, what team they support, their awful taste in movies and so forth.

If you a supporter of his, and feel you are wronged. Seek him out and give him a broadside. If you not a supporter, or have any stakes in it at all, why even bother? Or people mantling the "justice warrior" to shelter all those hapless people that obviously need protection vs themselves for supporting someone you absolutely hate/disagree with and so forth?

Ever since the first post in this thread about GD milking and so forth. Have it changed anything at all?

Reactions: Dependable_223

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
But the part that is now evidently he did not release anything in over 1 year. the christmass part was not even done well. other then that there was nothing there.

What i find curious though if a game developer would not release in sometime he would lose tremendously but he still earning way too much for something that has not been released for 1 year. Also i still dont know if gumdrops 1 developer or does he have a team ?

on his patreon side:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What i find strange is when he did reach the 100% status he was releasing less then when he did not reach the 100% status. also his updates took less time before he even reached 100 % mark.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
But the part that is now evidently he did not release anything in over 1 year. the christmass part was not even done well. other then that there was nothing there.

What i find curious though if a game developer would not release in sometime he would lose tremendously but he still earning way too much for something that has not been released for 1 year. Also i still dont know if gumdrops 1 developer or does he have a team ?

on his patreon side:

What i find strange is when he did reach the 100% status he was releasing less then when he did not reach the 100% status. also his updates took less time before he even reached 100 % mark.
There is enough examples of creators that reached their goals that haven't really made promise on them though. So, in that regard not really unique there either. Those that promise they will give up jobs and focus full time on their games etc? C'mon from a sensible point of view that is retarded. For most of them patreon is extra income from their hobby.

GD did say he hired an animator to help with the game. Example of said animations was put at the end of the Xmas release. That all I known in that regard.

That creators work harder at the start of a project to gain traction and support is natural. Once you got a sort of fan/support base going you can afford to take a breather. However, if you let yourself go completely that base will start dwindle. The speed it dwindle will gain traction too if you don't react. Creators like this is captains on their own ship, and they can just as well run themselves ashore as well with no need of anyone screaming milking at them. It just take time.

Reactions: yandex

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
on his patreon side:
This is actually a good point why most of the fanbase here is working on making this thread a meme. It is EXTREMLY strange that gumdrop´s losses are very mild in comparison. He blows deadlines, promises mean nothing to him, he is a proven liar several times over and still he has over 7000 bucks each month.
Look at other developers, some who have sterling reputation and send out top-notch stuff, they often have LESS support than gumdrom and they have to fight hard to keep those they have, despite having proven themselves reliable. But for some unfathomable reason gumdrop, who is a disgrace, liar, conman and something I cannot write out, keeps a steady income with practically nothing done.
Even gumdrop´s pet Don Quixotte Joshua Tree should be able to admit that something does not add up correctly here.
It is one thing if a very reliable developer like Eva Kiss gets some leeway, but that is as seen, still not all too much. Another is gumdrop, who deserves nothing but loathing, still sails cheerily on a wave of support he is not in the least worthy off. WHY do the typical ways of how patron support goes worldwide, somehow not apply to gumdrop, when it even hits people far more deserving of a "get out of jail, take 400€" card than GD ever was? Something that does not add up and is one reason this thread does not quiet down, because we feel something is off here.

stormyse

Jul 4, 2018
How can someone still support him i dont get it!!! He was at 650 Patreons now he is at 774 again how??? He did nothing... Please do us all a favour and cancel your subscription as soon as possible, otherwise he will not release anything!

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
a full time job like your defence of him and his ways? or constantly telling people we cant criticise how others spend their money? what we can and are doing is trying to prevent anyone else falling into the trap and giving the conman anymore money

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
How can someone still support him i dont get it!!! He was at 650 Patreons now he is at 774 again how??? He did nothing... Please do us all a favour and cancel your subscription as soon as possible, otherwise he will not release anything!
lol, I think this thread is the wrong place to try reach out to those that pledge to him.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
a full time job like your defence of him and his ways? or constantly telling people we cant criticise how others spend their money? what we can and are doing is trying to prevent anyone else falling into the trap and giving the conman anymore money
I don't see why he need anyone to defend him. If you want to protect people from spend any on him, I believe this is the wrong place to do it as well. Anyone with a half a brain would pick up the stink of the blowing wind. So what other places on the internet do you crusade to protect the hapless from spending on this? What other sites do you post on where his game is being linked too? Repeat the same old in this thread is just pointless, it doesn't touch on the root of the issue or even affect anything. Little more than you can affect hunger, world peace and so forth.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Anyone with a half a brain would pick up the stink of the blowing wind. So what other places on the internet do you crusade to protect the hapless from spending on this? What other sites do you post on where his game is being linked too?
yup i totally agree on this. clearly GD has done his/their marketing and advertisement right. i myself know of very few sites where adult VNs are downloadable and most of them are not forums like this one where there are pages of discussions and reviews on a game. (that is why i like f95zone so much) to give you a few examples: fap-nation, incestgames.net, etc in all their sites all i see are a few comments, that too by anonymous people, and that's it. so people who download and like the game would surely want to check out the patreon page.(atleast some of them would) and we can't really stop them. and the people who did realize that GD is cheating them of the promised content have surely stopped supporting him/them (atleast i hope so -_-' ).

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes