VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
yup i totally agree on this. clearly GD has done his/their marketing and advertisement right.
This is the base of reality when it come to people saying, this and that creator deserve more and so on. Creators that suck at market themselves and bring their stuff out there. They will never do as good than those that do, but might have a inferior product. Patreon is just a monetizing platform, not advertising or promote creators in any other way.

Reactions: yandex

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
This is actually a good point why most of the fanbase here is working on making this thread a meme. It is EXTREMLY strange that gumdrop´s losses are very mild in comparison. He blows deadlines, promises mean nothing to him, he is a proven liar several times over and still he has over 7000 bucks each month.
Look at other developers, some who have sterling reputation and send out top-notch stuff, they often have LESS support than gumdrom and they have to fight hard to keep those they have, despite having proven themselves reliable. But for some unfathomable reason gumdrop, who is a disgrace, liar, conman and something I cannot write out, keeps a steady income with practically nothing done.
Even gumdrop´s pet Don Quixotte Joshua Tree should be able to admit that something does not add up correctly here.
It is one thing if a very reliable developer like Eva Kiss gets some leeway, but that is as seen, still not all too much. Another is gumdrop, who deserves nothing but loathing, still sails cheerily on a wave of support he is not in the least worthy off. WHY do the typical ways of how patron support goes worldwide, somehow not apply to gumdrop, when it even hits people far more deserving of a "get out of jail, take 400€" card than GD ever was? Something that does not add up and is one reason this thread does not quiet down, because we feel something is off here.
Someone suggested that Gumdrop was creating several patreon accounts and, so basically, was giving himself/herself money. I don't know, it seems plausible to me. The dude/girl is a compulsive liar, we all know that ... But if he/she was actually making 7000 bucks a month, he/she wouldn't have this awful behavior. Common decency should forbid that.

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Someone suggested that Gumdrop was creating several patreon accounts and, so basically, was giving himself/herself money. I don't know, it seems plausible to me. The dude/girl is a compulsive liar, we all know that ... But if he/she was actually making 7000 bucks a month, he/she wouldn't have this awful behavior. Common decency should forbid that.
haha that's one crazy theory! :D oddly it seems quite plausible :ROFLMAO:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
This is the base of reality when it come to people saying, this and that creator deserve more and so on. Creators that suck at market themselves and bring their stuff out there. They will never do as good than those that do, but might have a inferior product. Patreon is just a monetizing platform, not advertising or promote creators in any other way.
"Being in a good position due to advertisment with an inferior product" hits the nail on the head with Tesla. Musk´s cars are way overhyped. They are expensive, far less capable than what the cheerleaders are spewing out, impractical and what is more, their quality is so bad even Dacia or the unpronoucable Chinese ones would be ashamed at delivering such a shoddy construct quality. I´ve seen Teslas and for such an expensive car such abyssal manufacturing quality is practically obscene. In addition, Musk is big on promises, but not on making them true, same as gumdrop.
BUT there is a big difference between them: Tesla has some big media liking the boots, they were admittedly first with such a car in production and they had until now few competitors in the segment. But that changes, the old car manufacturers bring out their onw E-Cars, e.g. the new Porsche Taycan E-Car costs about the same as a Tesla and is vastly superior Techwise, so I am very curious how long the Tesla bubble will continue.
Gumdrop on the other hand, neither has big media on his side, nor is DF the first game in this segment and he has some serious competition. Normally as seen many times elsewhere his patrons should fall as should his pay. But nothing, that is the strange thing.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Create a dozen or so Patreon accounts. Now you tie the same payment method to each of them. Come back and let us know how that did fare for you.

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
Create a dozen or so Patreon accounts. Now you tie the same payment method to each of them. Come back and let us know how that did fare for you.
I don't care much tbh ... Was trying to find a rational explanation for Gumdrop's behavior.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Gumdrop on the other hand, neither has big media on his side, nor is DF the first game in this segment and he has some serious competition. Normally as seen many times elsewhere his patrons should fall as should his pay. But nothing, that is the strange thing.
His patreon income gone down. It was over 12k or there abouts. I see he got back up a bit now, was on the verge of plump under 7k too. But patreon numbers is not a constant, patreons come and go. If you take the biggest "adult" game on Patreon, Summertime saga. I don't really think that such an amazing game, but Dark Cookie been doing very good on market the game and himself, it reflect him pulling almost 50k a month. People can throw crap at GD for whatever, but his game cover kind of a unique segment. It's not just another fuckfest, harem game.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I don't care much tbh ... Was trying to find a rational explanation for Gumdrop's behavior.
I don't find anything more disturbing about his behavior than I find with like "Cloud Imperium Games and their Star Citizen", GD just on a much smaller scale. Enough of examples else could dig up as well.

Jan 9, 2019
This thread is great. I have just recently found out about these "games" and finally reached this one. Should have read the thread before, as the game itself is forgettable, not even coming back to this one.

I'm writing just to point out that as a relatively neutral player, you have to be completely out of your mind to support a random dude with zero completed games a year after he hasn't shown evidence of having anything at all.

I use DAZ, and it would be very easy for him to release evidence that he has done work, especially considering that he claims he finished the rendering. Even screenshots of the viewport with his scenes.

But from what I can gather, this guy is consistently preventing any accountability by throwing things that require relatively no work, "bread and circuses": like those renders that show up in this thread occasionally. The required work for those is minimal with a good GPU, that is not evidence of anything, and in fact it raises suspicions.

I repeat, how can an adult person who considers himself/herself rational not ask him for evidence of what he claims he did last year? it costs very little from his point of view, just a few hours. I can't think of a single reason against it.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
To those participating in the argument I just deleted, please stop.
  • Please keep the conversation about the game and not each other.
  • Anyone is welcome to comment on the game, the development process, what they like/hate/whatever, so long as they are following the forum rules. If you can't be respectful, don't post.

Morgandr

Feb 3, 2018
July/August? Is this guy for real? Is there an official statement? (not like it would change anything, since his word isn't worth shit, but...)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Based on previous history, I would bet that Gumdrop will string them along until spring of 2020. At that time, he would start a "new project" with a short demo and then either sell off or drop DF for good with some "excuse". When asked for DF images by a patron, he'll say "hard drive crash". And he will still be earning around 7k.

Remember this old saying- "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

MatSapo

Mar 8, 2018
Based on previous history, I would bet that Gumdrop will string them along until spring of 2020. At that time, he would start a "new project" with a short demo and then either sell off or drop DF for good with some "excuse". When asked for DF images by a patron, he'll say "hard drive crash". And he will still be earning around 7k.

Remember this old saying- "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Fool me three times, shame on both of us.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@MatSapo That's true, too. That's how I approach the game.

TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD, this is my PERSONAL view (mod hat is off).

At first, I enjoyed the renders and the story at the beginning but after the trip, the story took a nosedive and instead of intensifying the player's desire to follow the relationships, most of us disconnected from it. It's no longer immersive. And by then, one deadline had been missed. That was the first time. Shame on gumdrop.
Then, he had the beach update that was seeming to pick up the pace but it felt "jarring" like it was some other reality. Then the next update was like 2-3 weeks late and it was them returning home. But the story got even stranger. THAT was the "shame on me" part. That was the point where I stopped following the game. I learned my lesson.
If you kept following it after that point, shame on you.
He promised that big huge update in April/May of last year... and missed the deadline. If you still followed him at the point, shame on both of you!
Recently, he broke his promise of January then late Februrary/ early March. And now it's July/August? If you're still following him at this point, I really have no hope for you. I really don't. This time, the shame is on you.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
@MatSapo That's true, too. That's how I approach the game.
TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD, this is my PERSONAL view (mod hat is off).
At first(...)
Very good, fitting post, muttdoggy! I believe most of the fanbase here on F95, I cannot speak about other sites, has already smelled the stink that is gumdrop. But they/we want to warn others coming here new and this thread has developed a life of it´s own. It´s own brand of comical sarcasm. I for one log in here daily to see what jokes and stuff came in.

As for the game itself, I wish someone with the models and time would make his/her own version of DF or start from what is already here and save it. The game itself can be saved, but definitely not by a conman like gumdrop.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes