VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
I think the Gumd is engaged in money laundering or using his page for something else illegal. Of course, this is too serious a statement and we don’t have even a hint of evidence, but all the minimally logical reasons have long been exhausted. You can always find some reason why people support the developer, even the most insignificant. There is nothing left. And we should not argue that people are just idiots - if everything was so simple, the Aorrta could still earn $ 5,000 just by rendering a render once a month.

• Love
Reactions: Fleads and Jeancul

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
He literally said monthly updates on his patreon. A donation site is Save the Children fyi. Patreon is a subscription site. You sub for content. Maybe those who subbed are getting something but he should be transparent about it then. But I think the whole game development and coming soon propaganda bullshit needs to stop here. If you say you're going for monthly updates and a year and a half passed and you only released 30 pictures instead then you lied. Oh ADULTHOOD you say. Well yea exactly only an adult will spot this scam. I assure you a horny teenager will have no problem with this. Because an adult has seen all the other scams that happened on Patreon, Kiskstarter, etc. And all the other ponzi schemes going around. There always were some people defending them like it's their religion. But in the end, sooner or later, truth prevails.
Perhaps, but the fact that "he said" something is in no way contractual or binding.

As for the donation part, that what's Patreon/BuyMeACoffe/etc. are, no matter how you feel like seeing it. You support someone because you like his work and in turn he maybe gives you something. A subscription site is something you perpetually use for a monthly fee. Please enlighten me on what content exactly I subscribe for when I pay 1$ to those numerous creators out there. A steady stream of hearty "thanks", as most of those have it as a reward? Awesome, I'll eat 3 thanks for dinner.

Just because a common understanding is formed in many cases, it doesn't change the nature of the platform.

As for the horny teenagers, I agree. But keep in mind that those teenagers should not be there illegally in the first place if we want to strictly adhere to the rules we want to hold creators accountable to.

I know this reads as a holy text of defense for whatever creator, but I assure you it is not.
I just find it utterly silly for people to scream "Boo hoo, this guy took my money that I voluntarily gave him".

SGTMickyMcPhuckery

Sep 25, 2017
This thread has turned into a circus sideshow crash course on free markets and a proof of the axiom of "a fool and his money will soon part." But most folks seem to have no grasp of free markets, social contract, or fiscal responsibility... Or for that matter the simple idea of "wrong me once, shame on you, wrong me twice shame on me." If a dev is known for bailing on a project before completion, why even pledge in the first place? Do you not realize that just proves Einstein's definition of insanity? Or perhaps you're just closet fanboys begging the multiverse for GD to finish a game....

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
This is a classic example of people throwing good money after bad because they can't admit to themselves that they have wasted money and have been taken for a ride. They keep supporting him financially in the vain hope one day they will be justified in their subscription.

I dropped my support when it became clear the project had stalled. If only more people showed the same attitude, he might have been more inclined to actually do some work. Instead, he is being rewarded for his laziness and lack of scruples.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is a classic example of people throwing good money after bad because they can't admit to themselves that they have wasted money and have been taken for a ride. They keep supporting him financially in the vain hope one day they will be justified in their subscription.

I dropped my support when it became clear the project had stalled. If only more people showed the same attitude, he might have been more inclined to actually do some work. Instead, he is being rewarded for his laziness and lack of scruples.
Not really a clear case of people supporting him over a long duration, but rather more fish get reeled in to replace the ones jumping off. Maybe a bad example, but take mobile games, or these browser social games. The monetizing is based on "whales" and useful idiots replacing the ones passing through. I guess in this regard a "whale" could be considered a long time supporter, and the useful idiots the ones passing through after a brief stay.

What people want to spend their money on is up to each and own. And we could argue everyone spend their money on useless shit all the time, but it's their money to spend on whatever they want, regardless how idiotic or silly it looks like. Can still call people out on it, just no one got any right to tell people what to, or not to, spend on.

You will never run out of fools, things such as Angry Bird, Candy Crush, GTA Online and all kind of other games that allow players to spend on in-game purchases, loot boxes, currency, skins, and other crap just proves this. If any of you ever spent on such things. You just another sucker riding the train of fools as well.

Fleads

Nov 4, 2017
I think the Gumd is engaged in money laundering or using his page for something else illegal. Of course, this is too serious a statement and we don’t have even a hint of evidence, but all the minimally logical reasons have long been exhausted. You can always find some reason why people support the developer, even the most insignificant. There is nothing left. And we should not argue that people are just idiots - if everything was so simple, the Aorrta could still earn $ 5,000 just by rendering a render once a month.
Yeah, I thought alike. Most probably, drug money traffic laundering and dozens of bots praising this pathetic milkman. Really, none can make me believe that there are so many cow-minded fools on this forum. They would be incapable to use credit card considering their feeble-minded expectations.

Well, I read this forum thread for good laugh, it's hilarious. And I get what I wanted, fun-fun-fun))

Funniest thing is that milkdrop could make an update he promised - it is not hard at all. Maybe month or two of work, it just does not stand a chance to match drama happening here)).

Reactions: Hadgar

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Really, none can make me believe that there are so many cow-minded fools on this forum. They would be incapable to use credit card considering their feeble-minded expectations.
Correct, because the entirety of people pledging to creators are also active members here. Sounds legitimate.

There's also another cause of active accounts on many dormant Patreons. The fact that many people are patrons to far more than 1 creator. So that specific amount is lost in sea of total pledges.
It's far easier to spot and withdraw from an inactive developer if that's the only one you support, rather than spot the 2-5$ that get wasted out of the 100$ monthly.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I bet you guys anything there will never be another release. There's no way his release will ever make up for 1 and a half years of being lazy so he's probably just going to coast until he has no money, since any release would just cause major patreon outrage and most of his money will be gone.

ozzo

Mar 4, 2018
I bet you guys anything there will never be another release. There's no way his release will ever make up for 1 and a half years of being lazy so he's probably just going to coast until he has no money, since any release would just cause major patreon outrage and most of his money will be gone.
You think that the patrions that has been hanging on for more then a year with nothing is gona leave when they get something?
I belive he is gona grow even if he delivers a hot garbage update with no content if he just shows some "coming in the next update" pics that looks like it contains something

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
HAHAHAHHAHA part X is still not out, holy shit this dude
Why don't you have any empathy for Gumdrop?
Are you asking about the release date of Dual Family: Act I Part X? Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly while thinking the words: "It will be ready when it's ready."
And if you are more concerned for Gumdrop's welfare, do check out his Patreon page. Maybe even become a patron?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
Why don't you have any empathy for Gumdrop?
Are you asking about the release date of Dual Family: Act I Part X? Take a deep breath. Let it out slowly while thinking the words: "It will be ready when it's ready."
holy shit, how brainwashed can you be. this dude has been scamming you for over a year with the constant "it's almost ready" "just one more thing" "right around the corner guys!". this dude is making 8k a month and hasn't released an update in 1.5 years and you want me to feel sorry for him? i sure as fuck will not and i won't feel sorry for you guys who got scammed by him either.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes