VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
For me, WinterW has the right to be disappointed with Gumdrop's horrible behavior.
There is a difference between disappointment and false statements.
I am disappointed as well, but this doesn't change the fact, that Gumdrop has provided some content in the last one and a half years. I don't say that this is or should be enough, but the fact is he did something here.

It's crazy when you think he was supposed to deliver the update in May 2018. 2018 dude. Then he said on July. Afterwards, he said "ok I'll be sure to release on January 25, 2019". He got a lot of criticism when he announced that date but claimed he would be sure to deliver it at that time. It was supposed to be the final deadline. But here we are July 9, 2019. Absolutely nothing.
Again, "absolutely nothing" is not true. But I agree that people have the right to feel disappointed.

I'm genuinely sad for some of his followers because Gumdrop hasn't been worthy of their support.
Also, I don't understand why moderators on F95 tolerate this. Why is it "On hold" and not "abandoned"? Because he posts some stuff on Patreon (essentially polls now)? Then could we write some lines in the opening post of this thread in order to warn some potential patrons? I know it has been done for other games.
It's their money and their decisions. I don't impose anyone to support Gumdrop, but I also don't forbid this to anyone.
However, I don't mind some kind of the automatic warning system about potential delays in release.
For example:
  • delay by three months - yellow warning
  • delay by half a year - orange warning
  • delay by one year - red warning
Of course, this should not apply to bugfix releases, bonus content or already completed games.

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
There is a difference between disappointment and false statements.
I am disappointed as well, but this doesn't change the fact, that Gumdrop has provided some content in the last one and a half years. I don't say that this is or should be enough, but the fact is he did something here.

Again, "absolutely nothing" is not true. But I agree that people have the right to feel disappointed.

It's their money and their decisions. I don't impose anyone to support Gumdrop, but I also don't forbid this to anyone.
However, I don't mind some kind of the automatic warning system about potential delays in release.
For example:
  • delay by three months - yellow warning
  • delay by half a year - orange warning
  • delay by one year - red warning
Of course, this should not apply to bugfix releases, bonus content or already completed games.
I meant more proof of actual development (with new environments for instance).
Tbh unlike JoshuaTree who was just bored, you sound a lot like Gumdrop: "There is a difference between disappointment and false statements", "I don't impose anyone to support Gumdrop". I guess you're just a fan but I had some talks with him on Discord and for a second it felt like I was talking with him.

"Absolutely nothing" might be harsh for you but sharing some previews & polls once in a while isn't enough for me, especially considering that Gumdrop claims that he's "full-time invested into development" (as said on his patreon page).
"False statements" would be to tell people that the release was coming on January 25, 2019 (final deadline). Of course, I also don't forbid anyone to support Gumdrop, I just want newcomers to know who they are dealing with, what kind of developer he is.

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
Tbh unlike JoshuaTree who was just bored, you sound a lot like Gumdrop: "There is a difference between disappointment and false statements", "I don't impose anyone to support Gumdrop". I guess you're just a fan but I had some talks with him on Discord and for a second it felt like I was talking with him.
I really understand your disappointment. And I know that my claims may seem shocking to some. This is because I try to be driven by logic, not emotions.
Anyway, it is kind of funny, because I've already expressed my disappointment with delays in another thread, and I referred to Gumdrop as an example of a creator who had potential, but failed the trust of patrons and other players.

Are these dates solid? The first chapter was promising. I hope this game will not end like Dual Family by Gumdrop Games.
So, originally planned for March, postponed to the beginning of June, then to 14 June, then to 22-23 June, then to 6 July... Now we have 7 July, and still nothing. At the begging, she promised to release an update each month, but we already know that the last chapter was released on February 26, more than 4 months ago.
I really want to believe (in) Nottravis, but you know that this and lack of communication in recent weeks doesn't sound good, right?
Of course, I appreciate that she is willing to refund money, as opposed to e.g. Gumdrop, but it doesn't change the fact that the game has already suffered serious delays and the planned release dates are very uncertain at the moment.
Releases might come later than expected, but you know that when they do come, you'll have a blast.
I do not doubt, but at the same time I believe that even Gumdrop will release the next part of his game. Maybe this month, maybe next year, but it will happen sooner or later.
The only question is what delay is acceptable for fans.

In her last Patreon post, she did mention that a few things bothered her (especially the animation feedback in chapter 2, which is why she decided to stop doing animations) and she started to dread releasing chapter 3. I hope this is not the case anymore. Chapter 3 must come out before it becomes too heavy five a burden on Notty's shoulder.
In mid-March, she was finishing the rendering. On March 23, she wrote that only bug testing and the animations left. At the end of May she said that the Chapter Three is essentially what she did in March. Now she says that she gets rid of these animations from the chapter.
I know that bug testing and polishing work may take some time, but from our perspective not much progress has been made since March. I don't blame her for that, for sure she is doing her best, but I'm beginning to doubt the dates of future releases.
Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate her work and I wish her the best, but I am beginning to doubt that she is able to meet the deadlines she sets. What's worse, the lack of communication doesn't work in her favor.

By the way, I am also a fan of Urban Voyeur by Cesar. The game is really nice and polished, but the long waiting time for updates makes me forget what decisions I made or even what exactly happened in the current game. Damn, I have already forgotten the names of some of the main characters. That's why I prefer games that are already completed or updated every month.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019
The supposed content of that mediocre side release WAS DONE IN 3 WEEKS BY HIS OWN ADMISSION. And it consisted entirely of recycled assets (he didn't even buy an HDRI for the mall scene).

You are acting extremely irrational, not me. So don't try to reverse roles here, the one promoting the evidence-free idea that this is a legit thing is YOU. You need evidence to support that, but as I have explained there is none. In fact, there are very strong indications in the opposite direction: this is most certainly a scam.

I suspect this dude is sending out shills here now that the scam is becoming harder to sustain. I repeat, time will prove me right (in fact, it has proven me right for months already). No amount of endless shilling will change the fact that you are promoting a scam. Hopefully you are getting paid for it.

Last edited:

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
The supposed content of that mediocre side release WAS DONE IN 3 WEEKS BY HIS OWN ADMISSION.
So? Three weeks of work is still more than "absolutely nothing". Moreover, many creators need more or less this amount of time to release an update. For example, GDS and Nottravis (in the past).

And it consisted entirely of recycled assets (he didn't even buy an HDRI for the mall scene).
And if it is true, then what? You can like it or not, but this doesn't change the fact he produced some content in the last year.

You are acting extremely irrational, not me. So don't try to reverse roles here, the one promoting the evidence-free idea that this is a legit thing is YOU.
I never said that what he does is (or should be) enough. I never said that his behavior is fine. Please stop putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

You need evidence to support that, but as I have explained there is none. In fact, there are very strong indications in the opposite direction: this is most certainly a scam.
I've already proved that he did something. And something (whatever it is) is definitely more than nothing. Once again, let's stick to the facts.

I suspect this dude is sending out shills here now that the scam is becoming harder to sustain.
Or maybe he pays trolls like you to ridicule all critics? Your childish and passive-aggressive behavior only works in his favor. Because of people like you, his opponents are seen as mindless haters, who are incapable of substantive discussion.
So if you think that he doesn't deserve support, please stop this right now.
BTW, I believe that he doesn't really need supporters on this forum. The single post on his Patreon page about the upcoming part X was enough to increase the number of patrons.

I repeat, time will prove me right (in fact, it has proven me right for months already).
You have not proved anything and will not prove anything until you stick to facts and logic.

No amount of endless shilling will change the fact that you are promoting a scam.
If any of us promotes his work, it is you.
I've already said that he has failed the trust of his fans. Even if he releases an update right now, it will not change the fact that many of them will still not trust him.
You, in turn, put everything on one card. You assume that he will never issue an update. However, if this happens (which I believe is still possible), you will be totally compromised.

Hopefully you are getting paid for it.
I hope that your parents or country will take care of your education and upbringing before it is too late.

Last edited:

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
I haven't ignored a Yucca Brevifolia post in a few pages. Now Deuce Drop has a new defender in NoName777. Coincidence? I think not...
I support logic and facts, not Gumdrop. In fact, I have already criticized him many times.
These allegations are just ridiculous. It is like saying that Ronald Reagan was a supporter of the Soviet Union. It isn't even funny. It is pathetic.

Think on it.
Thinking is definitely something you should do. The only question is whether you are capable of this or not.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
noname777 , The thing is, facts and reason doesn't apply very well with these people. Neither does asking for evidence and proof of wild accusations. Even you fault GD for what he actually done (or in this case, haven't done), you still get labeled a defender of his, because of the former. Heck, you will even get accused of being the dude himself. This "mob" have a; "you either with us, or against us mentality", and rile each other up with claims and accusations with no actual proof or evidence. I had hoped society had progressed a bit further from the days of "burn the witch", but in some cases that not actually true -)

Jan 9, 2019
noname777 Your arguments are so mediocre and desperate (you didn't address a single point), it's hard to see if you are serious or not. Keep promoting this scam, see how that ages for you. As I said, time is your enemy, and it has been such for 1.5 years already.

I repeat, there IS NOTHING BEING DEVELOPED. There is nothing rational about your positon at all. Anyone who knows the work required to produce these kinds of things knows that he is lying (also this game HAD NO ORIGINAL CONTENT/GAMEPLAY to begin with, the barrier is even lower). A slideshow game taking 1.5 years to release an "update" is the kind of stuff that gets you laughed out of the room if explained to any competent dev. What he shows doesn't match what he claims to have been doing, at all. This is a scam for sure, and your reluctance to address that won't make that fact disappear. It just makes you an irrational hack at best or a shill at worst.

And noname777, you are not the first who challenged me on this and ended up vanishing later. I hope you are still here in the future, as your desperate excuses for this scam keep collapsing.

oh so you need actual proof and evidence that he "scamming" you?! LOL!!!
so 1.5 years of on non existent update is not enough evidence that hes a "Fraud" and "milking" his subs/patrons.
best joke of a day, really makes me LOL.

Indeed, this is the best part, they are denying the existence of 1.5 years. It's hard to think of these people as anything other than shills sent by the scammer. It all makes much more sense once you realize their job is to plant the idea that "normal people" still believe that "this is reasonable" so naive/new people/patrons keep pledging to this scammer. They don't care about being reasonable, that's why their arguments fall apart upon basic scrutiny. They are not trying to convince you but those naive/inexperienced enough to not understand what is going on here.

Shilling 101.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes