VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Dec 24, 2018
Just saw that Man of the House was finished today. That's a massive game done in 2 years while this "dev" is printing little "previews" from time to time. This scamdrop is pathetic.
Well most devs are trying to make a game and make money, Gumdrop is just trying to make money. You can't really blame the guy for doing what he does, he's made over 200k (before taxes and patreon cut) in the last 1 year and 9 months for no work. If my boss paid me 200k to skip work, I'd never work either like gumdrop tbh. The pathetic ones are those who give him money.

Man In Moon

Sep 27, 2017
And yet another update missed. Not shocked. At all. What is shocking is the amount of money going into his account on Patreon. I'm actually staggered by the amount of money people are paying this dude to basically exist. And...I got curious. Isn't what he's doing basically fraud? Yes. I know I'm gonna get shit for calling foul on this asswipe on this site, but really. The question needs asking.

Reactions: M4t7theNinja

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Why not just delete or lock this thread and ban gumdrop game on this forum ?
The worst thing is not having bad reviews, the worst thing is "nobody talk about his game"

Haters in one side + fanboys in the others side = Lot's of talk about his game = $$$

Stats of the thread : views 4M
4 fucking Millions of view.

Stop making gumdrop famous.

Mar 22, 2018
Is not about the money... Is about the half-lie or the lie with everything. If he wants or this team wants money.... Just do a good job.... and keep ...always... being honest; ex: "people the update will take 2 years a'right?" No problem we dont care. But one deadline after another? ... plz ...

this opinion of mine... this affirmation of mine is absolute. This is a scam... or like a miracle... hum... will be very weird if this update show up and the next updates come a little more faster or a lot faster then this one.

Reactions: Jeancul

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
And...I got curious. Isn't what he's doing basically fraud?
I dont think so. I imagine patreon has similar rules as kickstarter which protect them and the creator. They dont have to give you anything in return. His tiers simply promise that they give you access to the updates earlier than others. I'm not defending his actions of course but I am talking purely from a TOS standpoint. Pretty sure it is fair game and it is up to users not to support it.

hatenonincest

Mar 14, 2018
Are we surprised this guy has made 200k without any sort of work to show whatsoever.

Stupid people spend their money on stupid things

Dec 24, 2018
And yet another update missed. Not shocked. At all. What is shocking is the amount of money going into his account on Patreon. I'm actually staggered by the amount of money people are paying this dude to basically exist. And...I got curious. Isn't what he's doing basically fraud? Yes. I know I'm gonna get shit for calling foul on this asswipe on this site, but really. The question needs asking.
He's not breaking any laws or TOS lol, but in a general I guess you could call it fraud. He's just scamming his patrons, pretending like he's making a game when really he's just sitting on his ass collecting their checks. He's not breaking any rules or laws, this is simply a case of a bunch of idiots giving him money who are too stupid and/or delusional to realize that Gumdrop is taking advantage of them. Gumdrop is trying to make as much money as he can with as little work as possible. He's still getting paid while he's not working, so he continues to to work. If they actually stopped pledging to him and showed him he has to put in work for his money this update would have been out by now, but they don't and continue to enable him not to work. Why work when you're already getting paid for nothing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Morah SDG
Jan 9, 2019

All people here with a Steam account should leave negative reviews, and point out in one of them that Gumdrop is deleting negative Steam subforum posts. This dude is just becoming even more scummy as his scam becomes harder to conceal.

Funny how all the apologists vanished except that Joshua clown. Seems like shilling for a scammer became too ridiculous for all of them.

Jan 9, 2019
No chance im buying the steam game.
The idea would be for a few people to buy it, write the reviews and then refund it quickly. Then anyone here can mark that review as "helpful" so it rises to the top and people can see the true nature of this scammer.

I would do it but I don't really use Steam.

Reactions: Moosexl

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
All people here with a Steam account should leave negative reviews, and point out in one of them that Gumdrop is deleting negative Steam subforum posts. This dude is just becoming even more scummy as his scam becomes harder to conceal.

Funny how all the apologists vanished except that Joshua clown. Seems like shilling for a scammer became too ridiculous for all of them.
And exactly what did I speak up against again? Care to repeat? How about it clown?

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Why not just delete or lock this thread and ban gumdrop game on this forum ?
The worst thing is not having bad reviews, the worst thing is "nobody talk about his game"

Haters in one side + fanboys in the others side = Lot's of talk about his game = $$$

Stats of the thread : views 4M
4 fucking Millions of view.

Stop making gumdrop famous.
Pretty sure talking about him in the way many people do isn't making him famous and he doesn't make money off views on this site

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
So I took a look at his steam page...

This release is low energy even for Gumdrop. No achievements, no trading cards, this guy just released the same game only censored

Reactions: Pestilence

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So I took a look at his steam page...

This release is low energy even for Gumdrop. No achievements, no trading cards, this guy just released the same game only censored
I got several early access games on steam that doesn't have any achievements or trading cards yet. So that doesn't really mean anything, also in regard of claim it's censored. That's not true either according to a "dev" post. (no idea, if that is gd, or whoever else though). @

That it's low energy release else? Sure, I see people complain about things people here commented on (before the shit show started), bad/lacking scene transition, and even missing ones. Such as related to the trip to the aunt's place. Common sense should had him touch up and polish the content before put it on steam. At least when he present it as, this is the chapters done so far.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes