VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
Okay, so I'm disappointed in what I've read regarding Gumdrop over the past few pages. This story is captivating, absolutely riveting. At first I played the son and was thinking to myself "Wow, this dad does NOT give a shit about the family." Then I switched it up and played dear old dad, and big OOF. I can see the father's side of the game was way more fleshed out and had way more detail in terms of consequences and actions. Not to mention some of what was talked about actually hits fairly close to my own family life so I felt very sympathetic for the dad.

• Haha
Reactions: Morah SDG

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Okay, so I'm disappointed in what I've read regarding Gumdrop over the past few pages. This story is captivating, absolutely riveting. At first I played the son and was thinking to myself "Wow, this dad does NOT give a shit about the family." Then I switched it up and played dear old dad, and big OOF. I can see the father's side of the game was way more fleshed out and had way more detail in terms of consequences and actions. Not to mention some of what was talked about actually hits fairly close to my own family life so I felt very sympathetic for the dad.
It's also taken him 1.6 years to make, a year of that has been him scamming people out of money, him missing every deadline he has made and making excuses for why. He's a scam artist and a liar. Feel free to be happy with the story but its all for nothing as he's never gunna finish it.

Reactions: Morah SDG

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
This guy still has not released the update, i can't even remember how long has been since i played it lmao. Even when his game uses just Daz standard assets with low effort tweeks and poor quality lighting and are you telling me he needs months to make like 200 renders?, only an idiot would believe that shit. A lot of way better games getting way less money and this scam master still gets all of it, amazing. The sad part is that if he end up releasing nothing it could probably prevent people to support other games, what a shame.

Dec 24, 2018
A lot of way better games getting way less money and this scam master still gets all of it, amazing.
Ya, this is what I really don't get. What is it about this game and Gumdrop that makes the delusional sheep that his patreon supporters are flock to him? Like if any other game did what Gumdrop does I seriously doubt any of them would have as much support as Gumdrop does. The renders used to be some of the best when it first came out, but nowadays there are tons of games with as good or better renders and the writing isn't even good. It's extremely pretentious, repetitive and constantly going in circles. Most of the writing is just filler consisting of the same shit you've already read over and over again so that he can make the game longer and his updates seem bigger.

So why are there so many people committed to this game to the point that they're giving him 9000 dollars a month on patreon, whatever he's earning per month from his website, and selling copies on steam despite the fact that it will be over 1.75 years with no update, and the fact that gumdrop has been missing updates and telling lies well before part 10. I honestly think the people talking about money laundering or gumdrop doing other shady shit are on to something, it makes way more sense then his patreon supporters being that dumb and delusional.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Ya, this is what I really don't get. What is it about this game and Gumdrop that makes the delusional sheep that his patreon supporters are flock to him? Like if any other game did what Gumdrop does I seriously doubt any of them would have as much support as Gumdrop does. The renders used to be some of the best when it first came out, but nowadays there are tons of games with as good or better renders and the writing isn't even good. It's extremely pretentious, repetitive and constantly going in circles. Most of the writing is just filler consisting of the same shit you've already read over and over again so that he can make the game longer and his updates seem bigger.

So why are there so many people committed to this game to the point that they're giving him 9000 dollars a month on patreon, whatever he's earning per month from his website, and selling copies on steam despite the fact that it will be over 1.75 years with no update, and the fact that gumdrop has been missing updates and telling lies well before part 10. I honestly think the people talking about money laundering or gumdrop doing other shady shit are on to something, it makes way more sense then his patreon supporters being that dumb and delusional.
I think there is something sinister, first of all its patreon number is always constant, it never has oscillations (and we are talking about a developer who has not released an update for 18 months), second, the relationship between Patreon's number and donations, usually with 900 patreon donations on average range from 3K to 6K (maybe even less), here instead we talk about almost 10€ per person, absurd

(Sorry my english)

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Hahaha GumDrop Aka ScamDrop banned me on his discord channel for just saying, "almost 2 weeks since September 10 missed deadline and doubt it will come this September".
You can say you got banned for that single message, but you haven't just posted that one in regards to a missed deadline though, maybe he got bored of reading the same thing? Who's to say, but I highly doubt it's because of one message.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
You can say you got banned for that single message, but you haven't just posted that one in regards to a missed deadline though, maybe he got bored of reading the same thing? Who's to say, but I highly doubt it's because of one message.
Actually its the last and i also say that A mother's love devs suspended the subscription as soon as he announced he cant provide an update in his game and i said this devs should be the role model of every devs. I guess her feelings got hurt.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
Actually its the last and i also say that A mother's love devs suspended the subscription as soon as he announced he cant provide an update in his game and i said this devs should be the role model of every devs. I guess her feelings got hurt.
A mothers love not coming this month !!! dammit !!!

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
The sad part is that if he end up releasing nothing it could probably prevent people to support other games, what a shame.
That's true. I hope it doesnt result in people having distrust for patreon adult games.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
That's true. I hope it doesnt result in people having distrust for patreon adult games.
I say, find what you like, and then support it, bring awareness to it. I'm glad my only discussion of this game is inside this forum, thus not bringing it any outside attention.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes