VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Kezza Hearts

Donor
Aug 3, 2019
Guys I'm very curious. I just literally a couple of minutes ago found out about this whole Gumdrop debacle. May I ask how does he have more patreon money than for example, Icstor? Even though the Milfy City thread and the game itself is much more popular than Dual Family. Like updates aside...What's this game's charm? It's tag's seem underwhelming. A lot of people are saying to not waste time on the game which is why I'm asking rather than playing the game.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

arms99

May 11, 2018
Guys I'm very curious. I just literally a couple of minutes ago found out about this whole Gumdrop debacle. May I ask how does he have more patreon money than for example, Icstor? Even though the Milfy City thread and the game itself is much more popular than Dual Family. What's this game's charm? It's tag's seem underwhelming.

Am I missing something?
God knows why he has any patron. Having said that he's not making more money than icstor, he has just under a 1000 patron while icstor has around 7500 patrons. My guess is that icstor is making around 7 time what gumdrop makes a month, the difference is that he shows how much he makes, while icstor doesn't.

Reactions: TheFinder

Kezza Hearts

Donor
Aug 3, 2019
God knows why he has any patron. Having said that he's not making more money than icstor, he has just under a 1000 patron while icstor has around 7500 patrons. My guess is that icstor is making around 7 time what gumdrop makes a month, the difference is that he shows how much he makes, while icstor doesn't.
Ok that Icstor example was pretty bad. But I'm still confused as to how this game blew up, even though like I said the tags are underwhelming. There are even reviews giving the game a hard time DESPITE the update debacle. Like what makes this game stand out from the rest basically.

arms99

May 11, 2018
Ok that Icstor example was pretty bad. But I'm still confused as to how this game blew up, even though like I said the tags are underwhelming. There are even reviews giving the game a hard time DESPITE the update debacle. Like what makes this game stand out from the rest basically.
To be honest, I think most of us here are wondering the same thing :unsure:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
If you carpet bomb enough people with your stuff, the chance of people show interest in it increase. The skills he lack in proper game development, he seems to compensate for in market himself and his game. I seen links to his game all over the internet, and now recently he push it on steam as well. Not many other creators on this site that does. I know of "House Party", and "Man of the house" is planned too. That tap into a new range of people he normally wouldn't reach. If you look at his recent influx on Patreon, it kinda go hand in hand with the steam release. No idea why someone would pledge after buy it or steam, or maybe they just didn't buy and just pledgded. idk.

If you look at all those f2p(p2w) awful social games on facebook, and such. They about invest as little as much into the actual game, and as much as possible into monetizing process's and marketing to bring in more people to play, which end up with a big swing-door. If you look at graphetron for GD's patreon earnings, you see that pattern there. People replace the ones leaving, not. Not so much long term pledges. Probably similar to the "whale" ratio in f2p games.

Reactions: Tyrantnyx

Kezza Hearts

Donor
Aug 3, 2019
If you carpet bomb enough people with your stuff, the chance of people show interest in it increase. The skills he lack in proper game development, he seems to compensate for in market himself and his game. I seen links to his game all over the internet, and now recently he push it on steam as well. Not many other creators on this site that does. I know of "House Party", and "Man of the house" is planned too. That tap into a new range of people he normally wouldn't reach. If you look at his recent influx on Patreon, it kinda go hand in hand with the steam release. No idea why someone would pledge after buy it or steam, or maybe they just didn't buy and just pledgded. idk.

If you look at all those f2p(p2w) awful social games on facebook, and such. They about invest as little as much into the actual game, and as much as possible into monetizing process's and marketing to bring in more people to play, which end up with a big swing-door. If you look at graphetron for GD's patreon earnings, you see that pattern there. People replace the ones leaving, not. Not so much long term pledges. Probably similar to the "whale" ratio in f2p games.
Well that sucks. So it's more of the fact on how he marketed the game and not about how good the game itself was?. F95Zone presents No Man's Sky 2.0 by GumDrop Games. All jokes aside, appreciate you clearing it up for me.

nsj

May 18, 2018
It's probably because a lot of people thought that this would be the next dmd when it came to storyline. People thought if they were being blue balled it meant that it would be amazing. And anything that was a bit different from the normal storyline was and still is lauded like it's a masterpiece. Despite not being so.

• Haha
Reactions: arms99

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well that sucks. So it's more of the fact on how he marketed the game and not about how good the game itself was?. F95Zone presents No Man's Sky 2.0 by GumDrop Games. All jokes aside, appreciate you clearing it up for me.
Tbh, I don't think the game wasn't that bad. Probably why so many people so emotional (rage, whatever), about the update keep get delayed over and over. If it had been a real shit show, none would wanted to see more of it right? Or at least it would made sense no one would.

"No man sky" did sort of redeem itself, or at least turned the boat around quite a lot since initial release though. But there you got all the lies about features and such presented in advance. Where of with this game its more confined to release updates, and excuses around why miss those dates he set himself.

Reactions: Tyrantnyx

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Actually its the last and i also say that A mother's love devs suspended the subscription as soon as he announced he cant provide an update in his game and i said this devs should be the role model of every devs. I guess her feelings got hurt.
Atleast you see updates from Orb Origin though, he did say it would take up to a month for an update

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Ever see a traffic collision on the road, and notice everyone slows down to watch it?

There are three types of spectators explaining why this thread and the game is still is alive.

1.) The people who are here to just see the car-crash, (AKA, me) we're the people who understand this project is completely blundered and fucked and are incredibly curious as to A.) What the next 'Scam' move is for the chessboard, or B.) Incredibly curious to see if (whenever) he actually delivers something even 50% close to being worth the wait.

2.) Delusional fans too deep in the Sunk Fallacy cost to care.

3.) People who have stumbled onto the game with no prior knowledge and think they're jumping on a bandwagon with an update 'Just around the corner guys!' Gumdrops keeps the front of house clean and professional-looking for potential customers...It's not till he has them hooked that he hopes to make them the second type of spectator, that's when the shovel shit piles on.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Guys I'm very curious. I just literally a couple of minutes ago found out about this whole Gumdrop debacle. May I ask how does he have more patreon money than for example, Icstor? Even though the Milfy City thread and the game itself is much more popular than Dual Family. Like updates aside...What's this game's charm? It's tag's seem underwhelming. A lot of people are saying to not waste time on the game which is why I'm asking rather than playing the game.

Am I missing something?
He released his game at a time when INCEST content was allowed on patreon and became something worth supporting, I'm ashamed to admitt that I gave money to him in the early days. Anyone still supporting him at this point Is either braindead, friends with him or has more money than sense.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
He released his game at a time when INCEST content was allowed on patreon and became something worth supporting, I'm ashamed to admitt that I gave money to him in the early days. Anyone still supporting him at this point Is either braindead, friends with him or has more money than sense.
Well, per definition, no incest taken place in the game so far, unless the mc/aunt thing counts. Still, with the ability to name the characters and decide the relations yourself. It's not as obvious, heck it even went through the vetting for steam. Where as Slonique tried to get "Oh My Love" on steam and got rejected. Maybe because his game referred to the woman as MOM a lot of the time regardless if you used a incest patch or not.

I wonder if GD put it on steam as a countermeasure to possible patreon shitcan him, if he drop that update eventually and it deliver on content. Just to have monetizing venues open. (In addition to his own site).

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Well, per definition, no incest taken place in the game so far, unless the mc/aunt thing counts. Still, with the ability to name the characters and decide the relations yourself. It's not as obvious, heck it even went through the vetting for steam. Where as Slonique tried to get "Oh My Love" on steam and got rejected. Maybe because his game referred to the woman as MOM a lot of the time regardless if you used a incest patch or not.

I wonder if GD put it on steam as a countermeasure to possible patreon shitcan him, if he drop that update eventually and it deliver on content. Just to have monetizing venues open. (In addition to his own site).
I think and the optional bathroom scene with the cousin, too.

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
last opdate is 30/3/2018 ? maybe i am wrong, just a bit confus because i saw on this game own patreon with money, just wow.

jayyou

Aug 27, 2017
last opdate is 30/3/2018 ? maybe i am wrong, just a bit confus because i saw on this game own patreon with money, just wow.
wow indeed. I'm still surprised people still support this dev after more than 1 year with no major update.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Don't rack your brains train to understand what's going on here, to me it's very clear: his Patreon must be a front for money laundering or who knows what.
I still believe in humanity, therefore I refuse to accept that almost 1,000 people are still paying this disgusting scammer on a monthly basis.

Reactions: TheFinder
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes