VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Jan 9, 2019
To put this scam in perspective people like Joraell learned to animate very high quality stuff while this scammer spent 1.5 years and counting making up excuses. No person who has ever learned to use DAZ or to quickly pose 3d models believes that a dude who claims to spend 1.5 years working on 3d stuff was unable to learn how to animate.

Of course, he didn't learn anything, in fact he didn't do anything at all during all this time, as the evidence shows. The animator, if real (which I'm starting to doubt, as his incompetence would put him out of business quickly), is simply a scapegoat to maintain the scam in the eyes of his dim witted patrons.

This dude also still sucks at texturing, and doesn't seem to understand a thing about Iray shading (poor skin shading; worse hair shading, with no reflections; terrible prop shading). Quite pathetic considering how much he likes zoomed in shots, which, as I showed in my previous posts, are used to deceive patrons and inflate the number of "previews".

Then you realize he can't compose, post-process, or color-grade renders for shit (see City of Broken Dreamers by Philly_Games for an example of how powerful post-processing can be) and you can't avoid the conclusion that he hasn't done ANYTHING at all the last 1.5 years.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well, it finally happened...I got booted from the Discord.
Say, anyone have a link to it? :LOL:

Joshua Tree What do you know Josh, it turns out when you go to the Lion's den they aren't so 'open' to discussion after all.
What gave you the idea they would? The past history of being forthcoming? :rolleyes:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
What gave you the idea they would? The past history of being forthcoming? :rolleyes:
I dunno Josh, I guess after all your lambasting about how 'Brave we all need to be and how we're all cowards for not going direct to the source'

There you go Josh, the source immediately ban hammers dissent, shocker.
Are you still going to continue railing from this point on how people should totally take their case there? Or acknowledge that as a complete waste of time?

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I dunno Josh, I guess after all your lambasting about how 'Brave we all need to be and how we're all cowards for not going direct to the source'

There you go Josh, the source immediately ban hammers dissent, shocker.
Are you still going to continue railing from this point on how people should totally take their case their? Or acknowledge that as a complete waste of time?
Take things out of context much? Or did you go rail about how he was laundering money at that discord? The "brave" comment was about when run your mouth (not, necessary yours, but figure of speech), with no actual consequence what so ever. I suggested people to repeat claims at the steam discussion forum for the game seeing that could actually risk some consequence.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Take things out of context much? Or did you go rail about how he was laundering money at that discord? The "brave" comment was about when run your mouth (not, necessary yours, but figure of speech), with no actual consequence what so ever. I suggested people to repeat claims at the steam discussion forum for the game seeing that could actually risk some consequence.
I actually made a case in point to avoid 'outlandish' claims.
WHAT I DID SAY
was that Gumdrops, however you view it, is either an 'accidental' scammer whose continued to cash out after years of neglect and poor business management. OR is a full time scammer whose exploiting the hell out of his user base via sunk fallacy cost psychology.

Not sure which one is right, but one is, and that's pretty much irrefutable.
Oops,

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
PLEASE, PLEASE. Stop engaging with the TREE-MAN!

This person is a spam bot. It does not understand what you are saying, no matter how carefully, or articulately you try and reason with it. The program simply does not compute.

He tells people to stop wasting their time here. Wastes all of his time here.
He tells people everything is pure speculation. Presents his own speculation as fact: Gumdrops is at worst merely lazy.
Do not engage with crazy!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I actually made a case in point to avoid 'outlandish' claims.
WHAT I DID SAY
was that Gumdrops, however you view it, is either an 'accidental' scammer whose continued to cash out after years of neglect and poor business management. OR is a full time scammer whose exploiting the hell out of his user base via sunk fallacy cost psychology.

Not sure which one is right, but one is, and that's pretty much irrefutable.
Oops,
I already said and agreed on several times, he not being truthful and deceived in regard of updates and releases. Which doesn't make him unique nor rare, if you look at other devs and studios out there, mainstream, indie, patreon, or what not. The best you can do is vote with your money. There is games on steam that been in early access for years, and they still being sold on the platform. GD doesn't do himself any favor, or earn himself any goodwill doing what he does.

That people keep throw money at something, regardless if call it a scam, hoax, what not, that is a people problem. And no matter how much you scream scammer, fraud, hoax, what not at someone or something, people will still support it until they decide not to.

Tbh, I think he burned out and fell behind, then got stuck catching up. Problem with such is promise big but be nowhere close to fulfill on it. Consider how far the game got, before this, it would be kinda silly to think this was some sort of scam from the get go. Such would been more likely fronted on kickstarter, with much less effort.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
To put this scam in perspective people like Joraell learned to animate very high quality stuff while this scammer spent 1.5 years and counting making up excuses. No person who has ever learned to use DAZ or to quickly pose 3d models believes that a dude who claims to spend 1.5 years working on 3d stuff was unable to learn how to animate.

Of course, he didn't learn anything, in fact he didn't do anything at all during all this time, as the evidence shows. The animator, if real (which I'm starting to doubt, as his incompetence would put him out of business quickly), is simply a scapegoat to maintain the scam in the eyes of his dim witted patrons.

This dude also still sucks at texturing, and doesn't seem to understand a thing about Iray shading (poor skin shading; worse hair shading, with no reflections; terrible prop shading). Quite pathetic considering how much he likes zoomed in shots, which, as I showed in my previous posts, are used to deceive patrons and inflate the number of "previews".

Then you realize he can't compose, post-process, or color-grade renders for shit (see City of Broken Dreamers by Philly_Games for an example of how powerful post-processing can be) and you can't avoid the conclusion that he hasn't done ANYTHING at all the last 1.5 years.
Thank you. That's honor.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Holy shitting fuck...

Sorry. Just...but, Christ.... *goes back to remastering her game*
Sorry but this is still just...what the fuck - and it's annoying me.

So here's the thing. I can't animate.

I don't have the experience and I don't have the power (makes her game on a single 1060 card). But, I'm currently in the process of remastering my whole game since I've learned a shitload since I started nine months ago. So, let's see if I can animate something high quality before Gumdrop does.

After all he should be able to kick my pretty arse, no? He's a head start in having the rig, the experience, the animator and the animations already partly done. There is no way at all I can win...

I'll let you know how I get on...

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

I don't have the experience and I don't have the power (makes her game on a single 1060 card). But, I'm currently in the process of remastering my whole game since I've learned a shitload since I started nine months ago. So, let's see if I can animate something high quality before Gumdrop does.

After all he should be able to kick my pretty arse, no? He's a head start in having the rig, the experience, the animator and the animations already partly done. There is no way at all I can win...

Sorry, you lost me at pretty arse! :D ;) :p
Fuck him! You don't need to prove anything to someone who is never going to release anything. It's all lies.
Too true!

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Yeah that is a bet you are bound to win. :LOL:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
You have to hand it to gumdrop: He chose with total accuracy an animator among a cast of thousands every bit as incompetent as he himself is!:LOL: Not really: gumdrop sucks at being a game dev, but he is showing us his great skill as a conman!

Personally I am beginning to doubt there is something behind the animators front. You do not hear much about this animator, this strange animator does not defend himself against gumdrop using him as an excuse. And more, the animations were annouced months ago with mediocre examples, but still examples and is was stated they were worked on already. Now suddenly something from which examples exist(!) has supposedly not even begun yet? There is something foul with that!
No animator worth his salt would need so long to render two sequences! He is not rendering the new Avatar movie, just some VN game animations! Something is not adding up correctly.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes