VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
So, did mods cave in or did Gumdrop actually abandon his game?
F95 mods are wrong. Grumdrop has already denied these ridiculous rumors. Someone should report the OP to remove this incorrect tag.

For all DF fans: GD has good news for you.
Gumdrop said:
Good News!
Or should I say excellent news! :D
First of all, I want to thank everyone that sent us their suggested animators. Thankfully, finding another...

You only have to pay one dollar to read the entire post. I think it's worth it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
F95 mods are wrong. Grumdrop has already denied these ridiculous rumors. Someone should report the OP to remove this incorrect tag.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He isn't getting another dollar from me. And though I can't read the post, I'm betting it isn't episode 2 or any new gameplay...but certainly some kind of promise...which will be broken.

Reactions: hiya02 and A.HK

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Just realized I could expound on the topic of how many patrons gumdrop has. Just like you cannot view a post, you also cannot comment on it, nor like it, unless you have an active subscription. And you can like a post only once. Based on the data I provided, this means that, back in December, gumdrop had at least 7 $20 supporters, at least 4 $5 supports and at least 6 $1 supporters.
As of January, he has at least 4 $20 supporters, at least 1 $12 supporter, at least 3 $5 supporters and at least 5 $1 supporters, which adds up to at least $112 collected for January for doing nothing.

Jan 9, 2019
Very likely this dude is aware of the scam now. He takes money from a scammer while taking over a year to produce some animation, while he keeps being paid by gumdrop (with scammed money), who in turn keeps pretending to find something wrong with them to keep the scam going for as long as possible. A scheme that gives gumdrop more time to extend the scam.

Since gumdrop has zero work done at all (he did absolutely nothing for the last 2 years and the project is most likely abandoned), he needs increasingly ridiculous excuses and delays to cover up that fact. This scummy dude who takes money and pretends not to know what's going on as he serves as such excuse is the perfect match for a scammer. Problem is, the charade is so dumb that gumdrop is pretending to look for an animator while this dude claims he is still working on them.

Think about the infinite stupidity of his patrons: they are paying a scammer to commission animations for them, and, in turn, the scammer claims that the commissioned work that takes almost a year and counting to complete is proof he is working. Imagine believing such an embarrassing scammer who took 8k per month for over 2 years only to be unable to present evidence of any work done other than commissioned work (paid with their own money no less :LOL:, the rest going directly to the scammer's pockets). Other people have literally started their games, learned to animate and then finished their games in that time span.

Remember when Joshua Tree vehemently defended fatcat? isn't it extremely suspicious how the topics that enraged Joshua the most and which he most vehemently defended ended up exposing this as a shameless scam the most.

Last edited:

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Very likely this dude is aware of the scam now. He takes money from a scammer while taking over a year to produce some animation, while he keeps being paid by gumdrop (with scammed money), who in turn keeps pretending to find something wrong with them to keep the scam going for as long as possible. A scheme that gives gumdrop more time to extend the scam.

Since gumdrop has zero work done at all (he did absolutely nothing for the last 2 years and the project is most likely abandoned), he needs increasingly ridiculous excuses and delays to cover up that fact. This scummy dude who takes money and pretends not to know what's going on as he serves as such excuse is the perfect match for a scammer. Problem is, the charade is so dumb that gumdrop is pretending to look for an animator while this dude claims he is still working on them.

Think about the infinite stupidity of his patrons: they are paying a scammer to commission animations for them, and, in turn, the scammer claims that the commissioned work that takes almost a year and counting to complete is proof he is working. Imagine believing such an embarrassing scammer who took 8k per month for over 2 years only to be unable to present evidence of any work done other than commissioned work (paid with their own money no less :LOL:, the rest going directly to the scammer's pockets). Other people have literally started their games, learned to animate and then finished their games in that time span.

Remember when Joshua Tree vehemently defended fatcat? isn't it extremely suspicious how the topics that enraged Joshua the most and which he most vehemently defended ended up exposing this as a shameless scam the most.
Fat Cat is a third party animator who is getting paid and instructed by GumDrop. You know full well how Gum Drop (mis)manages his own shit all on his own now imagine how much bullshit gets piled on when we start adding people who are taking instruction from him. Fat Cat is some kid whos barely turned the age where hes eligible for compulsive military service jesus christ understand who your villains are.

Reactions: Rythan25

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
With the amount of effort Gumdrop puts into scamming people, you would think it would be just easier to do some work and release an update. I'm starting to think he isn't just lazy, I'm thinking he genuinely hates his patrons and and he believes fleecing a bunch of pervs is the moral thing to do.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Chummer, any longtimer on this thread knows that gumdrop is a proven(!), chronic liar and cockalorum! If this guy tells you "Good morning" you should look at your watch and outside to reassure it. The F95 mods were EXTREMLY lenient with these disgrace of any type of game writer!
The "abandoned" Tag might be finally the forced incentive for this sinkhole of humanity to make part x or release it, since he might have sat on it to scam money. But it is far more probable that gummy did nothing beside posting verbose manure and some pin-ups.
You can believe him if you want to, but Baron Münchhausen has more credibility left than gumdrop.

Very likely this dude is aware of the scam now. (...)
Well, this conversation sounds a lot like Fatcat forgot for a moment he is supposed to tell anybody he is doing animations for our special conman. As I theorised months ago, Fatcat either never was commisioned or he already delivered the animations long ago. Now he probably gets money from gumdrop to cover the lies.
As for Joshua: Where is he? It is extremly suspicious that the guy who defended even the flimsiest and laughable posts of gumdrop with fervor is now totally absent from the thread. At least this sudden absence proves that he truly was a shill. You have to give it to gumdrop, that is a rather well planned and executed con.
As for his skill as game designer, who got swallowed by greed and abandoned a game with potential, this song is quite right:

(The song actually is too good for gumdrop, but right when it comes to text and I like this song quite much)

As for what gumdrop does to his patrons and the scamming he does, he should be happy to never hear this song played for him

(For those who know NGE, you know in what a mindfuck scene that song is played)

Feb 22, 2018
I don't understand how great games that have frequent updates make 1000 or even less a month but somehow Gumdrop stays at over 8000 even though no update in almost 1 and a half year or has it even been more time than that? sometime I think it must be fake right?
I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice. Nothing I say is legal advice. However, being an independent agent without attempting to slander or otherwise make any accusations. This is an interesting thought experiment;

Let's say that my good friend. No Lewd Wonston, were involved in legally questionable and lucrative activities... Let's also suppose that Wonston is clever and knows his income can't be deposited into a financial institution every month. Knowing this Wonston has surveyed his options and obfuscates his earnings by making hundreds of small donations from seemingly unique accounts. Small amounts that would be normal for let's say communal generosity coalitions. Wonston has turned his stinky wrinkled money into very nice easily folded money that can then enter his billfold. And because this is done in such a way to be hard to detect. Eventually other people, wander up to the store front and also make generous contributions, because the items on display seem appealing. Not knowing that the display is merely window treatment and the store never opens. Really makes you think doesn't it?

Everything I say is a work of creative fiction, meant for satire and comedic effect.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Can someone just please pick it up where it left off? This was a great game.
Why? Why pick it up? Why was it a great game?
Nobody's going to touch this steaming pile of shit with a 10-foot pole. One problem is that gumdrop could sue you for copyright infringement.
If anyone wanted to tell this story and thought they'd do it better, they would be better off starting from scratch with new character models. If anyone wanted to use the graphics or character models as inspiration, doing another game would probably be better. For example, no incest would make it easier to use patreon to fund development of the game.

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
Chummer, any longtimer on this thread knows that gumdrop is a proven(!), chronic liar and cockalorum! If this guy tells you "Good morning" you should look at your watch and outside to reassure it. The F95 mods were EXTREMLY lenient with these disgrace of any type of game writer!
But it is far more probable that gummy did nothing beside posting verbose manure and some pin-ups.
You can believe him if you want to, but Baron Münchhausen has more credibility left than gumdrop.
you-the-joke-missed-you-flew-flies-over-you-arrow.jpg

The "abandoned" Tag might be finally the forced incentive for this sinkhole of humanity to make part x or release it, since he might have sat on it to scam money.
As you can see, he's doing quite well.

This tag has changed nothing. What's more, in the long run it can even help him. That's right. I believe that neither "On hold", nor "Abandoned" are suitable for this game. This game requires a special red tag that would describe this situation.

For now, everything F95 does works in his favor:
- Technically speaking, this game has not been abandoned. Someone visiting this site may think that the information is out of date, because GD still publishes news and talks about the game.
- I saw a few people here who suspected him of some ridiculous things, like money laundering. Combining this with the lack of the latest version on the site (0.98 != 0.99), someone may think that pirates are furious, because they can not get the latest version.
- It also doesn't help that a few people urged others to write mass negative reviews on Steam. Most of these people have been banned by Valve. This creates the image of envious haters.

There should be eye-catching information describing what exactly happened. No crap about the game being on hold, abandoned or the developer missed timeline.

Jul 22, 2017
I just checked his page apparently there is a part 2 out. Also apparently part 1 ends with summer ending. Just 1 thing though YOU HAVE TO pay to even get his updated versions.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
I just checked his page apparently there is a part 2 out. Also apparently part 1 ends with summer ending. Just 1 thing though YOU HAVE TO pay to even get his updated versions.
Gumdrop hasn't talked about this in a while, but as best as I can remember...

There's supposed to be 3 Acts. Act I is ending with Part X. Act II is supposed to be about the romance part of the story, and Act III is the sexual part of the story. Again, He hasn't talked about this in a minute, so things could have changed.

Reactions: LewdBoiWinston
Jan 9, 2019
Gumdrop hasn't talked about this in a while, but as best as I can remember...

There's supposed to be 3 Acts. Act I is ending with Part X. Act II is supposed to be about the romance part of the story, and Act III is the sexual part of the story. Again, He hasn't talked about this in a minute, so things could have changed.
He doesn't talk much about it because he has done nothing at all and he has no work done after 2 years and counting of lies. If he did, as he claims, he would be showering people with in-game previews, new assets, new scenes, story snippets, etc. In reality this dude abandoned the project 2 years ago and moved on with his life, producing some shitty renders every few months to keep the scam going. Since he has lied repetedly, nothing he says about "the future" of an abandoned project should matter, since there will be none. Judging by the mess that was his attempt at writing a story, I doubt he would have ever been successful at writing anything other than random scenes with no cohesion (hence the game feeling like groundhog day and the characters, even adult ones, behaving like angsty teens).

Last edited:

Peta Jensen

Mar 28, 2019
it is so sad to see so many people being swindle for this dev giving him 8k $ per month for 2 years without any update and now it's abandoned KEKW

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes