VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Holidays mean occation plz date?
Kyle is unreliable dev. Every deadline he himself imposed has been breached. Most recent deadline was somewhere in May, i think it as 23 not sure tho, later on by summer, we saw how that ended and now he says by the end of holidays, perhaps October. We are lucky that EA doesn't know about this guy.

• Haha
Reactions: fz

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
and if doesn't release then at least tells that devving of game has been stopped due reason a-z. scamdrop just keeps milking money and posting pics which have nothing to do with game.

Dec 22, 2017
Why don't the mods tear this thread apart and banish it to the far corners of the universe? There's no update coming and the dev is actively engaging in scamming his Patreons. I mean he's had 10 different release dates in the span of a year and half.

This isn't someone who's ''Lazy'' or failing to animate scenes, or even someone who is at all developing a game. He's actively fucking people out of money and yet there is still discussion on this thread ''Debating'' what he's actually doing. Delete the thread and forget about this game and hopefully no one will ever play this and pay money expecting an update.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Not meaning to troll or anything, but Man, people got #$$@ in their eyes. There's no game. There's nothing. I saw various scamming methods in my life, be it at work, internet in general, bit.links, black hat seo, paypal scam, bitcoins, fictive websites, etc... And here, my guts are telling me THIS IS SCAM. Why don't people report him or do something ? Stop dreaming. There won't be any update or whatever. This Son $@! will keep on scamming until there's not a single drop left. Mark my words.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
he's been reported to patreon but ........... apparently he makes enuf money to patreon that they don't do shit or he has convinced patreon or both.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Why don't the mods tear this thread apart and banish it to the far corners of the universe? There's no update coming and the dev is actively engaging in scamming his Patreons. I mean he's had 10 different release dates in the span of a year and half.

This isn't someone who's ''Lazy'' or failing to animate scenes, or even someone who is at all developing a game. He's actively fucking people out of money and yet there is still discussion on this thread ''Debating'' what he's actually doing. Delete the thread and forget about this game and hopefully no one will ever play this and pay money expecting an update.
As an oldtimer in this thread and one of the first to theorise that he went from developing the game to scamming his patrons, I am against closing the thread. One, I visit regularly to see e.g. the Captain´s Log or the various memes (and posting some myself), which are really funny and second, this thread open is a warning. Nobody reading this thread will give "Scamdrop" money, if he/she has a brain.
As for why Gummy still has so many patrons, there is a number of theories about to be found in the thread. But bottomline there is no halfway logical reason he can hold so many patrons with his abyssal behaviour. That is one reason why several users theorised about even more sinister motives beyond gumdrop being a successful scammer. over time. And yes, it defies reason that gumdrop takes in more money than many honest Devs who bring our quality games.

Reactions: fz

Jay82

Oct 4, 2017
Not meaning to troll or anything, but Man, people got #$$@ in their eyes. There's no game. There's nothing. I saw various scamming methods in my life, be it at work, internet in general, bit.links, black hat seo, paypal scam, bitcoins, fictive websites, etc... And here, my guts are telling me THIS IS SCAM. Why don't people report him or do something ? Stop dreaming. There won't be any update or whatever. This Son $@! will keep on scamming until there's not a single drop left. Mark my words.
For every Dollar he gets from his patrons, Patreon itself gets a cut. Reporting to them won't help us at all. On their services platform (issues, etc.), they probably have a subfolder titled "scammers who make us rich".
And on F95, I have to admit I like that this thread is still open, so people can vent a bit about that Guy. Can't call him dev no more.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
This makes me so sad that we will never get the rest of this story. Such great characters.
It's very true. I agree with you. The best solution for everyone would be for Gumdrop Games to admit his inability to continue and pass on his story to another dev who is more eager to make a game and less eager to scam people, but with so much credulous patrons financing him, it's impossible.

• Sad
Reactions: Unkindled Ash

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017

The abandoned tag serves that purpose pretty well. If you want you can petition the mods to post a blurb disincentivizing people from investing in this game, but hopefully no one is seeing when the last release was. Threads don't get closed because each game only ever gets one thread, and any discussion/modding/save sharing, etc. is handled in that thread, regardless of the state of the game itself. Maybe there should be more tags but that's a matter for the suggestion forum.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes