VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I wish somebody made a remake of Dual Family with the same good grammar, rich vocabulary, slow pacing and natural story progression over the course of weeks or months instead of hours or days.
I mean, it's silly if you have a normal family and a few hours after a fight and forcing to move out, father fucks daughter/son fucks mom/brother fucks sister.
Maybe it would convince gumdrop's patrons to finally stop supporting him.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Halloween is a holiday right? :cry:
No , Christmas, or more precisely a Christmas of an imaginary year,
I understood a mile away where he wanted to go, I wrote it above, he adopted the same technique as last year, now that he has his tooth removed he can feel comfortable another 3 months and take the money from his Patrons

(Sorry for my bad english)

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the update, we'll fucking see lol. Maybe in 2018 people would have given this guy the time of day as there wasn't much quality stuff out there, but more and more talented devs have come on the scene with a good work ethic and solid output so people are going to hold this release to more stringent standards. Also this game was the most convoluted, contrived slow burn I've ever seen. The tortured inner monologues bordered on schizophrenic, and there was some major logical discontinuity. Alas, the characters were still good for the most part and I enjoyed the fact that there's the two protagonists and some depth to the relationship dynamics. It's a shame the writing doesn't live up to the premise and the dev is a scam artist.

I wish somebody made a remake of Dual Family with the same good grammar, rich vocabulary, slow pacing and natural story progression over the course of weeks or months instead of hours or days.
I mean, it's silly if you have a normal family and a few hours after a fight and forcing to move out, father fucks daughter/son fucks mom/brother fucks sister.
Maybe it would convince gumdrop's patrons to finally stop supporting him.
I haven't played the game in a while but the grammar was middling at best. I always say don't confuse bombast for proper writing. The pacing would have been acceptable if the writing weren't so superfluous. I love a good, long, read--Jane Eyre, The Count of Monte Cristo; I'm not saying anyone aspiring to introspective writing needs to be great, but master pacing, more complex grammatical structures, and rhetoric before basting your work with "rich vocabulary".

A solid work in a similar vein that I have nothing but praise for, which releases updates consistently every 4-6 months is Light of my Life. It tackles similarly complex dynamics, employs complex rhetorical strategies sans grandiloquence, and deals with inner conflict without falling flat in an attempt to paint a Kafkaesque suburban drama. Granted this work is more tortured, and purposefully slow, but that doesn't mean the readers should be tortured as well trying to piece together some of your more existential explications.

I'll definitely check out the update but I don't have high expectations.

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I agree. But I only played a couple of first episodes and liked the premise, slow pacing and believable characters and story. I dropped out when all the drama with the aunt and niece exploded and decided to not get involved until there's Act III on the way.

Reactions: qsad and yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I agree. But I only played a couple of first episodes and liked the premise, slow pacing and believable characters and story. I dropped out when all the drama with the aunt and niece exploded and decided to not get involved until there's Act III on the way.
I liked the Aunt and the niece personally; they served to fuel the descent into dysfunction that would make acting on incestuous impulses feasible at some stage. Plus I personally really like antisocial characters in these kinds of games and the niece filled that niche pretty well. Hopefully Gumdrop has improved his narrative skill in the intervening years and the output lives up to the premise.

Reactions: Gman1291 and qsad
Mar 22, 2018
Yeah friends is becoming very difficult... even we are now in a global warning about a public virus... given oportunity to stay at home. Still he cant release this update. Is becoming very difficult.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes