VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Its still mindblowing how Scumdrop Numpsy managed to hold patreon support or any support at all while at the same time for 2+ years they didn't deliver an actual update. That xmas thing wasn't actual update and didn't contain any content or is relevant to actual game.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Its still mindblowing how Scumdrop Numpsy managed to hold patreon support or any support at all while at the same time for 2+ years they didn't deliver an actual update. That xmas thing wasn't actual update and didn't contain any content or is relevant to actual game.
What's even worse and I'm quite sure of this, his new update will be on par with the Christmas special with a few animations thrown in... 2+ years of waiting... I predict a huge deflation in his patrons enthusiasm, and I believe is why he's milking this.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
What's even worse and I'm quite sure of this, his new update will be on par with the Christmas special with a few animations thrown in... 2+ years of waiting... I predict a huge deflation in his patrons enthusiasm, and I believe is why he's milking this.
In 2+ years you can create game long at least 6 hours if not longer. By now their supporters have high expectations regarding the update, if it ever comes. In fact I'm sure that update won't come, because supporters might get disappointed with it. If Kyle release update and it receives negative reaction by supporters you can bet that they will lose patreon money or support on any similar site, yet alone people who simply like the game. It happened before when updates were regular every month and in this case i can only predict massive dropouts by supporters.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I can't understand how this was scheduled for a summer release for 2020 but didn't release in summer 2020. Must've been a power outage, virus, internet problems, people in training, etc that's been going on the last 2.5 years for this individual.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
In 2+ years you can create game long at least 6 hours if not longer. By now their supporters have high expectations regarding the update, if it ever comes. In fact I'm sure that update won't come, because supporters might get disappointed with it. If Kyle release update and it receives negative reaction by supporters you can bet that they will lose patreon money or support on any similar site, yet alone people who simply like the game. It happened before when updates were regular every month and in this case i can only predict massive dropouts by supporters.
many other devs have created 3-4 games in the sametime as scamdrop has made single game and those game are lightyears better than df.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
many other devs have created 3-4 games in the sametime as scamdrop has made single game and those game are lightyears better than df.
Well, I wouldn't say "lightyears." whatever you think about DF it's a solid game. It's a bit slow and plodding, but it's high quality. Just cause a Scumbag is leading it's development doesn't mean people have to undermine that. In it's day it was right next to DMD in most promising titles. Then it died... Actually, it isn't dead, it's been dying for 2+ years... :/

sob

Apr 3, 2017
It was high quality in 2017. Comparing it to the games today it's shit. The games today have much better renders, story/fap material is way more balanced and a 3-4 month release date is acceptable.
DF was good back then. Maybe top 5 good.
Now I would say it's not even top 25. Well if he would release something new we would talk about it, right?
This game died 3 years ago. It was good back then but there are so many games that are better today.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Well, I wouldn't say "lightyears." whatever you think about DF it's a solid game. It's a bit slow and plodding, but it's high quality. Just cause a Scumbag is leading it's development doesn't mean people have to undermine that. In it's day it was right next to DMD in most promising titles. Then it died... Actually, it isn't dead, it's been dying for 2+ years... :/
No dude. There are games out right now that really are LIGHT-YEARS ahead of Dual Family. Treasure of Nadia, and Midnight Paradise are some that instantly pop to mind. Yes, those are newer titles... but both of those games are made by developers that have been around as long as Gumdrop. These developers have been able to improve by LEAPS AND BOUNDS while Gumdrop has been stuck trying to animate on blender for 2+ years.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
It was high quality in 2017. Comparing it to the games today it's shit. The games today have much better renders, story/fap material is way more balanced and a 3-4 month release date is acceptable.
DF was good back then. Maybe top 5 good.
Now I would say it's not even top 25. Well if he would release something new we would talk about it, right?
This game died 3 years ago. It was good back then but there are so many games that are better today.
I actually checked this game out about a month after this game "died." It was one of the first crowdfunded games I played. I was impressed.

Nowadays, it's ok. Innovative at the time, mediocrity now, like so many other things. I recall he announced his first delay. Then, I checked back a few months later to see he still didn't update it.

I thought it was odd. Now here we are. So weird seeing the dev act like a clown and keep tricking people into thinking this will have a future.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
As far as i can remember this was the first quality adult game I played.
And it was the game that brought me to this site. So I have that to be grateful about.

But nostalgia is one thing and critical thinking is another. I remember back then when I discovered here DMD and Dreams of Desire I was already thinking DF was mediocre. And since then there are so many new games that are amazing.

And yea most of the devs that started at the same time as GD are now at the 2nd of 3rd game. They got better they talked with their fans and made a better game or are trying to make a better one.

Like TheFapperBoy said he's "learning" Blender for 4 minutes of animation and delayed the release for 2 years because of it.
Who can take that seriously.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
As far as i can remember this was the first quality adult game I played.
And it was the game that brought me to this site. So I have that to be grateful about.

But nostalgia is one thing and critical thinking is another. I remember back then when I discovered here DMD and Dreams of Desire I was already thinking DF was mediocre. And since then there are so many new games that are amazing.

And yea most of the devs that started at the same time as GD are now at the 2nd of 3rd game. They got better they talked with their fans and made a better game or are trying to make a better one.

Like TheFapperBoy said he's "learning" Blender for 4 minutes of animation and delayed the release for 2 years because of it.
Who can take that seriously.
The Dev is just a joke though. How can anyone take 2 years to make anything this short? Like, he's not making a meticulous animated short, he's not making a video game with depth and gameplay... he's making a book with pictures. That maybe sounds like it downplays other artists, but it doesn't. Then again, talking about this guy is like talking about water being wet.

On the high quality thing. I disagree. People that make good art will always be good. Time doesn't change artistic merit in my book. If I look at the images (most at the very least) of DF, I see a lot of work and good quality regardless of games like Midnight Paradise and Being a Dik. Games with a style will always look good. This game has a style and I like it. Besides, if you look around this website, the year 2020 doesn't mean shit when you start off with a shitty laptop or pc and you can't render high quality images. A lot of those big devs worked on their games and their quality went up because their skills also increased. Comparison is also not a good way of judging works of art in my opinion.

One of my favorite VN's on this site is a game by GDS (I think that's their name) before he hit it big with Chloe. It's called Suddenly a Party. The renders are subpar, but the characterization were perfect, it was a short VN with everything I wanted. However, if you're thinking of playing it, don't. Game design wise it creaks and images are weak. But if you like party stuff with accidental incest and a spin the bottle game check it out. :) I LOVE the sister. She looks similar to the fat daughter in Foot of the Hills, but not fat.

Reactions: fz

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
back in day "cartoon" gsmes like witch trainer and games made with honeystudio were great and today hs games are crap "cartoon" games (besides some) got dropped off the list (like rpgm games).

Reactions: fz and KingWeWuz

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I agree with Larry2000 that art does not loose artistic merit with time. Gumdrop might be a conman extraordinaire, but whoever made the renders for DF has talent.
back in day "cartoon" gsmes like witch trainer and games made with honeystudio were great and today hs games are crap "cartoon" games (besides some) got dropped off the list (like rpgm games).
That really depends on what you do with the programs! "Love Change" for instance is made with Koikatsu ergo Manga pics, but is a real gem! Funny and with multiple choices which have impact on the story.
"Interns of Ecstasy Island" is made with HS 1 pics and improving art quality over time.
"Suddenly a party" and "Saturday Night" are two examples that graphics quality is not the only measure for games.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
Gumdrop is adopting the same "modus operandi" as last year, in July 2019 it said that the update would be released on September 10th, then saying a generic "before Christmas", this year the same thing, how much do you want to bet in a week or two will you say "will be out before Christmas"? he has also become boring in cheating

(Sorry for my bad English)

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Gumdrop is adopting the same "modus operandi" as last year, in July 2019 it said that the update would be released on September 10th, then saying a generic "before Christmas", this year the same thing, how much do you want to bet in a week or two will you say "will be out before Christmas"? he has also become boring in cheating

(Sorry for my bad English)
Sadly I believe you are exactly right. Once he says 'out before Christmas' then we can safely assume that any glimmer of hope for a future release is officially dead (if it isn't already). This lie will be strung out for another year with GD having no intention of releasing more content ever again.

After supporting GD for several months I realised the game had stalled and cancelled my patreon. That was a long time ago, and I came to this thread angry and bitter. Eventually I got over it and I stuck around this thread partly hoping for a miracle and mostly because it was a funny thread.

Now, it's just depressing. Seeing people continually being swindled for years by this con-artist was amusing for a while, but now it is destroying my soul and faith in humanity. I think the time has come to finally unwatch this thread for the good of my mental health and sanity.

I'm playing much better games now anyway, all of which deserve my money. So, I leave this thread with a one final "FUCK YOU!" to Gumdrop. I'm sure there is a special place in hell for scammers, and you will be the centre attraction.

SofieSoBad

Jun 1, 2020
Man I don't know what the fuck is going on in everybody's mind in this thread.
I myself sadly contributed a comment on this topic just to goof on this mf but I rather shut the fuck up until eventually either something is coming or he admits to have abandoned the game.
Gumdrop is a fucking genius scumbag and I mean that. Sure he is basically robbing the money out of people wanting to play a non existing, non developing game but it's their own fault.
Hate the game not the player
Every patron and fan of this game and/or gumdrop is a peanut brained idiot with their ballsacks laced up until it's not even in a state to call them blue anymore but basically dead.
And every imbecile discussing about his not coming up update here is either as well blue balled as fuck trying to act like they coming here for a meme or spend money their own and try to get revenge through a thread on f95 now, which gumdrop never will even take a glance of.
I follow this game myself since about half a year and already knew within a month that nothing significant will happen with this game.
Still now and then when I'm bored as hell I'm looking here with what excuse he came up now.
But seeing all these recent comments tho...
Even IF he drops anything it could never be forgiven that it took fucking two years to come up with a basic ass game.
Bruh look at Parental Love and as a matter of fact, to compare it with a bigger budget game, look at Being a Dik.
This motherfucker is MILKING HIS PATRONS. End of discussion.
There is no 'but' argument and there is no point in spaming over 600 sites in this useless thrad about this !ABANDONED! game.
Let the people play their game in their own minds, let them be fucking sheeps and let him be a a fraud. You can do nothing about it
-Point is: I want to see what he wrote in his updates to just close the tab and move on with life instead of random dudes complaining about gumdrop.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
No new releases in 2 and a half years yet he's regularly "updating" the patreon on the same "new release" he's been touting for a year and a half. JFC.

Reactions: fz

vimto

Jan 15, 2018
I don't follow much dev drama, usually just try out their games. Did the Mom/Son path and it was pretty enjoyable. Good pacing, models and the story works well for the setup. Judging by all the recent comments on this thread and the fact the game is tagged as abandoned I'm assuming the dev is one of those types that purposefully stalls development to milk all the patrons possible, which is a shame.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Just look for example ''Intertwined'' or ''Unleashed''. These are brand new games and both of them have way more content than this.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes