VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
It's probably too late for a refund. Only today did I notice that I supported him for two years. :eek:
You should do that. He'll definitely give you your money back and some compensation.:LOL: Nobody can claim that Gumdrop is a scammer and a milker who's taking money for a game he's not even developing anymore.:sneaky:

Man, no offense, but how could u support this pathetic excuse of a scam for 2y and not even know about it ?? With that money you could've bought any AAA game and play it or support devs who deserve financial support. I will never understand what you ppl see in this mediocre game, but to each their own I guess. Cancel your pledge ASAP, that scammer will never release an update and IF he pulls out 1/2 updates in the next decade, this game will never be finished. He'll do that to keep his patrons and milk the "project" like Aorrta does with his game.

You'll probably say it's just 5/10$ per month, but it's the total amount that counts and the scammer makes 7-8k/month while constantly missing his self-imposed deadlines, at this point it's hilarious to believe what he says. But if ppl like to pay a scammer and get nothing in return, it's their money they spend.:whistle:

• Angry
Reactions: fotogaik

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
It's very true. I agree with you. The best solution for everyone would be for Gumdrop Games to admit his inability to continue and pass on his story to another dev who is more eager to make a game and less eager to scam people, but with so much credulous patrons financing him, it's impossible.
If he's got a copyright, the current law is 95 years and it will be in the public domain.

Seeing as he likely won't make any updates in that time, people will be free to complete it then.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
You should do that. He'll definitely give you your money back and some compensation.:LOL: Nobody can claim that Gumdrop is a scammer and a milker who's taking money for a game he's not even developing anymore.:sneaky:

Man, no offense, but how could u support this pathetic excuse of a scam for 2y and not even know about it ?? With that money you could've bought any AAA game and play it or support devs who deserve financial support. I will never understand what you ppl see in this mediocre game, but to each their own I guess. Cancel your pledge ASAP, that scammer will never release an update and IF he pulls out 1/2 updates in the next decade, this game will never be finished. He'll do that to keep his patrons and milk the "project" like Aorrta does with his game.

You'll probably say it's just 5/10$ per month, but it's the total amount that counts and the scammer makes 7-8k/month while constantly missing his self-imposed deadlines, at this point it's hilarious to believe what he says. But if ppl like to pay a scammer and get nothing in return, it's their money they spend.:whistle:
Jeez, dude, that was utterly harsh and completely unnecessary. Some people have a lot of disposable income and they pledge to multiple creators. Patreon charges in one lump sum per month (or per year) and you don't get an itemized invoice unless you specifically look for it.
At least one thing is clear now. There are people who forgot that they pay money to gumdrop and didn't notice and cancel their pledges yet. This gives me hope that there will be more people who do notice and who drop their support in the future.

But so far, this doesn't give me much hope:

Sure, he was down to 604 patrons on 1st of October, but it's still up from 583 that he had on 1st of September. And he's back up to 636 patrons now.
If those are what I think they are, 32 people had denied payments and renewed them manually. Either in bulk and they haven't reviewed what they're paying for, or they knew full well what they're doing.

Reactions: yoyomistro

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Jeez, dude, that was utterly harsh and completely unnecessary. Some people have a lot of disposable income and they pledge to multiple creators.
Listen, dude, I already said that I don't mean to offend the man, everybody makes mistakes, but these ppl here criticize mr.Scamdrop for quite some time and paying a scammer for almost 3 years without getting an update is IMHO the big humiliation, not my "harsh" comment (wtf was so harsh about that btw ??o_O). Don't tell me he discovered this site recently and by mistake, he's a member since Aug 16, 2017.:WeSmart:

The problem is that these patrons are die-hard fans of a game and still trust a dev to deliver the content (this game isn't the only example, check the Milky City thread;)) but a dev like this one doesn't deserve respect bcz he don't show any, I guess his actions speak for themselves. Many ppl forgot they still pay him ?? I call bullshit on that, but ok, let's say you right, they also don't check the progress of the "dev" tho they still pay for his game ?? Why would anyone pay for something without inquiring about said product first ? Ok, they don't throw money on him like u throw at strippers, but the total amount is what counts and Scamdrop makes bank out of doing nothing.

32 people had denied payments and renewed them manually.
They loyal, but after more than 2y it's ridiculous to still pay for this, same goes for ICSTOR's supporters. These scammers take their money bcz it's free, the ppl still believe in them and support them for something they won't ever see finished. Why should they keep working if the money comes even if there's no update. Aorrta, Scamdrop, ICSTOR and (probably) SuperAlex do this on purpose and the only one at fault are the supporters, as long as the money comes, there won't be a change of pace.

They still think our "hard-working" boi will release an update or worse, he'll finish this shitshow about a depressing MILF, a son who raped his own Aunt and an Aunt who drugged and raped his dad after forcing her own daughter to "rape" him too.:eek:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
And now you double down on it.

Listen, dude, I already said that I don't mean to offend the man,
Yeah, and in the same sentence you suggested he's either stupid or aloof. Let me spell it out for you. You're expecting him to not be offended by this: "No offense, but I think you're stupid."

everybody makes mistakes, but these ppl here criticize mr.Scamdrop for quite some time and paying a scammer for almost 3 years without getting an update is IMHO the big humiliation, not my "harsh" comment (wtf was so harsh about that btw ??o_O). Don't tell me he discovered this site recently and by mistake, he's a member since Aug 16, 2017.:WeSmart:
Again, if you just read into skittl's post, you can see that he only now realized he supports gumdrop. You can forget things like that if you don't pay attention.

The problem is that these patrons are die-hard fans of a game and still trust a dev to deliver the content (this game isn't the only example, check the Milky City thread;))
I think most people supporting gumdrop are not expecting anything and simply don't notice that they give him money. If all you see in your feed are announcements of further delays, you don't expect that this is patron-only content! Most of the time you'll assume that you're just following gumdrop's patreon and he's dropping these excuses in his free feed.

but a dev like this one doesn't deserve respect bcz he don't show any, I guess his actions speak for themselves. Many ppl forgot they still pay him ?? I call bullshit on that, but ok, let's say you right, they also don't check the progress of the "dev" tho they still pay for his game ?? Why would anyone pay for something without inquiring about said product first ? Ok, they don't throw money on him like u throw at strippers, but the total amount is what counts and Scamdrop makes bank out of doing nothing.
Nobody here believes that gumdrop deserves this money. Well, unless somebody just found this game, played it, liked it, felt bad and pledged some money to pay for legal access.

• Angry
Reactions: xXwankerXx

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Yeah, and in the same sentence you suggested he's either stupid or aloof. Let me spell it out for you. You're expecting him to not be offended by this: "No offense, but I think you're stupid."
Guess you don't know the difference between insult and recommendation (in my post). If u read between the lines u can understand whatever you want, I simply recommended him to cancel his pledge bcz there will be no update. Don't have any reason to insult, I simply don't understand how you can't keep tabs on a game you pay for every month or how you can pay somebody who constantly lies and comes up with ridiculous excuses/statements.

There are people who forgot that they pay money to gumdrop and didn't notice and cancel their pledges yet. This gives me hope that there will be more people who do notice and who drop their support in the future.

Sure, he was down to 604 patrons on 1st of October, but it's still up from 583 that he had on 1st of September. And he's back up to 636 patrons now.
32 people had denied payments and renewed them manually. Either in bulk and they haven't reviewed what they're paying for, or they knew full well what they're doing.
I think your statement looks more of a "No offense, but you're stupid" than mine does. Or at least that's how I interpret it, maybe others disagree. So you want him to lose patrons but defend those patrons who "forgot" to cancel their pledges and also forgot to check how the developing's going ??:WaitWhat: Do you support devs on Patreon without checking the progress of their games or how the story is progressing ?? Maybe you don't like the content anymore, do u still pay for it ??

Nobody here believes that gumdrop deserves this money.
He's still getting paid tho and apparently he had new patrons or renewed subscriptions. Even ICSTOR released 2/3 updates in the last ~3 years to keep his supporters, GD is too cool for that, right ??:LOL:

Comments like that make me agree with the users who said that it's better if the mods delete this thread, it's pointless to continue debating a cheap OBVIOUS cash grabbing scam.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes