VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
does anyone know the reason it was abandoned?
it is abandoned since no updates or actual developing past ~3 years and dev just keeps milking his patrons with teasers (nothing to do with game) and promising update on year xxxx (update being just around corner just bit ironing needed) and 1 reason was that scamdrop and coder/whatever got into "arguments" and "parted" their ways and since then scamdrop has been "searching" new coder/whatever so next update was and has been postponed indefinitely.

quite likely scamdrop shares patreon monies with that person who "left" scamdrop. if that other person actually exists at all.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Okay, you could say it's semantics, but it wasn't abandoned. Gumdrop still exists, he still makes money on the ghost of his game.
It's being held for ransom. And just like every handbook out there says you don't negotiate with terrorists, people got suckered into negotiating with the terrorist Gumdrop.
The net result is that it's just like being abandoned, only you have some hope that it will resume at some point.

Reason? It doesn't need any reason. If you need an actual reason, pick anything: greed, laziness, incompetence. If Gumdrop was able to hire an artist/coder/copywriter in the past, he could do it again. If he was doing it on his own, he could keep going.
Simply put, there's no actual reason for the game not to continue.

My recent theory is that Gumdrop was in financial trouble, sold his Patreon campaign, copyright to the game and story and rights to his assets and promised to keep his mouth shut. When the new owner saw he was losing patrons, he commissioned Gumdrop to make the Christmas special. After that, he may or may not have contacted Gumdrop again to make Part X, but could have shopped around for new artists, coders and writers to finish the game.
The only snag is that anybody willing to buy a Patreon campaign would want to get the most out of it and would quite likely be competent enough to hire people to run and complete the project.
Meanwhile, the original Gumdrop started another project, maybe even finished it, and wants nothing to do with Dual Family ever again.

The5Fuck

Jan 26, 2020
cxx and fotogaik thank you both i played this game before i knew about this website but i was never able to continue it cause of the slow updates now knowing i have a great understanding of it . should i still play it again ? since signs of two viruses in the files?

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
LOL Gumdrop is still promising part X this year. I've seen that date change so many times over the past year since I discovered VN's and supported him on Patreon for six months. Folks, don't believe the hype!

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
I think it's funny so many waste their time on here going through lengthy responses of why the game will never be updated, when clearly they are still around because they are also hoping for its return. The best way to solidify it being abandoned is to stop replying to the thread. Someone jumps on here and if the last post was three years ago, they would expect it to be abandoned. But myself and all the negative nancies are still hoping, otherwise they would have left long ago. Will I lose sleep if it never gets updated? No. Do I think it will get updated? Yes. So do I come back now and then hoping for a comeback? Absolutely! (Just like everyone else who keeps replying to the thread, negative or not :ROFLMAO:). :cool:

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
Why is this flagged as being Abandoned?-It doesn't seem like it is
The last update was 2.5 years ago, that's why. Although the Dev. has become active again on Patreon, there has been no game update for a long time. If and when an update does get released, it will lose the Abandoned tag.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
cxx and fotogaik thank you both i played this game before i knew about this website but i was never able to continue it cause of the slow updates now knowing i have a great understanding of it . should i still play it again ? since signs of two viruses in the files?
don't bother, there are better games.

Why is this flagged as being Abandoned?-It doesn't seem like it is
no updates or actual development past ~3 years only teasers (pics) which have nothing to do with game and empty promises that new update is almost ready.

thread is open cause F95 gets ad revenue by members who post this thread and bash scamdrop.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I think it's funny so many waste their time on here going through lengthy responses of why the game will never be updated, when clearly they are still around because they are also hoping for its return. The best way to solidify it being abandoned is to stop replying to the thread. Someone jumps on here and if the last post was three years ago, they would expect it to be abandoned. But myself and all the negative nancies are still hoping, otherwise they would have left long ago. Will I lose sleep if it never gets updated? No. Do I think it will get updated? Yes. So do I come back now and then hoping for a comeback? Absolutely! (Just like everyone else who keeps replying to the thread, negative or not :ROFLMAO:). :cool:

Most people are on here for the comments and to see what happens next, if you think differently do a poll, most people will vote against the game ever being updated. The topic itself is the entertainment now, this is like a Slonique game. People are more entertained by the comments section than the game itself.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
The last update was 2.5 years ago, that's why. Although the Dev. has become active again on Patreon, there has been no game update for a long time. If and when an update does get released, it will lose the Abandoned tag.
'Active again?' What the hell are you even on about? Doing a quick check on his patreon by searching (Which you can do when you're not a member of his, try it), he's made 6 posts in october, 13 in september, 11 in august, 1 in july....

This isn't July this is now though. This dev only disappears for awhile after he promises a release date and it passes by, he's then active for months

Are you even trying?

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
'Active again?' What the hell are you even on about? Doing a quick check on his patreon by searching (Which you can do when you're not a member of his, try it), he's made 6 posts in october, 13 in september, 11 in august, 1 in july....

This isn't July this is now though. This dev only disappears for awhile after he promises a release date and it passes by, he's then active for months

Are you even trying?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
it is abandoned since no updates or actual developing past ~3 years and dev just keeps milking his patrons with teasers (nothing to do with game) and promising update on year xxxx (update being just around corner just bit ironing needed) and 1 reason was that scamdrop and coder/whatever got into "arguments" and "parted" their ways and since then scamdrop has been "searching" new coder/whatever so next update was and has been postponed indefinitely.

quite likely scamdrop shares patreon monies with that person who "left" scamdrop. if that other person actually exists at all.
If it's indeed a coding issue, the sad thing is the scripting in this game is simple enough that he could have learned to do it himself over the last 2 fucking years and put out slower updates by himself. Clearly, that's not the primary problem.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes