VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
When I was on their Discord it was all Abby, no idea who this Tenlogos person is.
Oh trust me Tenlogos is real. I think i asked him once how can he still defend Kyle while 2+ years single update is developed, while other devs usualy deliever one update in 1 or 2 month, while also breaking several self imposed deadlines. Ofcoourse i got none answer but mainly apologetic excuse and lies. I think that you can get faster answer from monkey then priest Tenlogos.

Reactions: sob

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Gumdrop on Blocking Spree in his Discord Channel. He got called out bcos of Recycled Previews and did not like it.
Gumdrop deleted the comment about previews that are being recycled. Its a shame tho.
That is so messed up. Devs like that need to be held accountable somehow, there's more and more of them because they keep getting away with it

Abbydemon I think it is called, moderator and main apologist for the game.
The apologist are the WORST. It's never clear whether they are friends/collaborators with the devs or just really really gullible people

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That is so messed up. Devs like that need to be held accountable somehow, there's more and more of them because they keep getting away with it
they don't since allegedly patreon monitors it's customers but sadly it's just harassing devs which have just a bit of incest content in game.

also forums like f95 spread the word.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020

The apologist are the WORST. It's never clear whether they are friends/collaborators with the devs or just really really gullible people
Yeah Patreon needs to be update only not monthly. Wtf is a subscription for game developers? It makes no sense.

That would require consistent updates to keep revenue flowing. Like how Love Joint works.

Reactions: Morah SDG

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
What about developers who clearly state they will release every 4-5 months, but need money to stay afloat? If Patreon starts policing updates, you'll end up with a situation where a developer is forced to release a mediocre update every month just to avoid getting locked out.
And if Patreon imposed additional constraints on what constitutes an update and what doesn't, you'll get Patreon mods reviewing content against change logs which would take lots and lots of time and would increase fees for that category.

And it's only if developers are either forced into that category or choose it themselves. But pure patronage still exists, as in money for nothing, where the creator is under no obligation to provide anything and you just pay because they're so awesome (yes, it's a thing). Since this category would require no policing at all because it's clearly voluntary, it would also carry lower fees. All game developers would immediately switch to it.

And if not, there are other platforms that will happily take you as a customer.

Reactions: yoyomistro

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
What about developers who clearly state they will release every 4-5 months, but need money to stay afloat? If Patreon starts policing updates, you'll end up with a situation where a developer is forced to release a mediocre update every month just to avoid getting locked out.
And if Patreon imposed additional constraints on what constitutes an update and what doesn't, you'll get Patreon mods reviewing content against change logs which would take lots and lots of time and would increase fees for that category.

And it's only if developers are either forced into that category or choose it themselves. But pure patronage still exists, as in money for nothing, where the creator is under no obligation to provide anything and you just pay because they're so awesome (yes, it's a thing). Since this category would require no policing at all because it's clearly voluntary, it would also carry lower fees. All game developers would immediately switch to it.

And if not, there are other platforms that will happily take you as a customer.
Exactly. Also people forget Patreon is not a subscription service, it's a patronage service as implied by the name. The model is based on traditional artist patronage where one would pay for the living expenses of an artist and would often not see any of the output until they came up with a final product.

It's just that the culture around indie adult game development is much different than other types of artistic output because amateurism, the long development cycles, and low confidence lend themselves to iterative output: i.e., monthly releases.

But there are no hard and fast rules, and enforcing any--even for a small sector of creators--would not only change the mission of Patreon, but incur additional costs/scrutiny on their part, which they have no incentive whatsoever to do.

Reactions: January2015
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes