VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Exactly. Also people forget Patreon is not a subscription service, it's a patronage service as implied by the name. The model is based on traditional artist patronage where one would pay for the living expenses of an artist and would often not see any of the output until they came up with a final product.

It's just that the culture around indie adult game development is much different than other types of artistic output because amateurism, the long development cycles, and low confidence lend themselves to iterative output: i.e., monthly releases.

But there are no hard and fast rules, and enforcing any--even for a small sector of creators--would not only change the mission of Patreon, but incur additional costs/scrutiny on their part, which they have no incentive whatsoever to do.
These aren't rich benefactors patronizing high art. It's average consumers funding a video game project. They already pay vastly above AAA titles as it is. I'm just saying Patreon should prevent milking and scamming.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
These aren't rich benefactors patronizing high art. It's average consumers funding a video game project. They already pay vastly above AAA titles as it is. I'm just saying Patreon should prevent milking and scamming.
And I'm saying they have 0 incentive to do so, it's not in their business model, and modifying their model for a small sector of creators at no profit with no clear ethical/legal obligation to do so is exactly the sort of thing businesses do not do ever.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And I'm saying they have 0 incentive to do so, it's not in their business model, and modifying their model for a small sector of creators at no profit with no clear ethical/legal obligation to do so is exactly the sort of thing businesses do not do ever.
yea they get monies from devs so if dev is successful on milking then patreon is happy and will ignore reports. you won't kill cow which produces milk.

Reactions: sob and Edrick23

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I really don't understand what happened to the devs. It was such a great game and definitely one of my favorites. But I guess Part X wouldn't come out any more such a sad story.
it will come out on holiday like 1st alien contact holiday.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Abby - moderator / gumdrop 2nd lieutenant

Tenlogos - Gumdrop's greatest defender. He dont like somebody talking about release dates. Hes also Gumdrop 1st lieutenant

Wishing Tree - a clown who just there to make fun of himself

Fatcat17 - Co-Conspirator on this scam. He receives Money from gumdrop to do nothing and pretend hes working for him.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Random: When is the upd....
Tengolos: Hawmg! Do you have nothing else to do? Omg how many times do you people need to ask about the update? It WiL cOmE wHeN tHe LoRd Gd ReLeAsEs It.

Every single time. No question about the update remains without an answer like that from tengo.

It's like the server was made for discussing metaphysics or the future of AI and people keep interrupting them with noob questions about the update.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Fatcat17 - Co-Conspirator on this scam. He receives Money from gumdrop to do nothing and pretend hes working for him.
Don't mix fatcat into it. He's an animator and he was commissioned by gumdrop to make an animation for him.
What an animator does is prepare a sequence of movements of either a wire mesh or its underlying skeleton.
What an animator does not usually do is prepare a final product. He might do it, but that costs extra and you pay for every render and re-render if you want corrections because those things take a lot of time.

In a way, commissioning an animator is much like buying bricks at a store and expecting them to deliver a house.

If you want to commission somebody, they're under exactly zero obligation to look at your history and they have zero obligation to refuse if your reputation is not spotless.
Taking a commission from gumdrop is not something that taints you.

I figure gumdrop thought it would be trivial to do the animation and have a bone to throw to his followers for a while. What he didn't expect is that fatcat wouldn't provide material to be readily used by him. If it's a Blender animation and you never used Blender, you're in for a nasty surprise if you want the animation to fit seamlessly into the game.
I think gumdrop used DAZ and after switching to Blender and trying to animate, he realized it's not going to be as simple as clicking "Render" and snipping the animation into pieces to throw to his loving masses.

Jan 9, 2019
Last edited:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Reactions: xXwankerXx
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes