VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
First of all, I DID NOT tell you what you do. I asked and I wrote "please".

Secondly, this thread is advertising a scam, therefore it should be either locked or deleted.

Any game's thread HERE on F95 is itself an advert.

That's what I think.
People can read the damn topic and see that it's abandoned.

It literally says it on the first page.

The only way people know it's a scam is via this topic.

Closing it would do the opposite of what you want.

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
First of all, I DID NOT tell you what you do. I asked and I wrote "please".

Secondly, this thread is advertising a scam, therefore it should be either locked or deleted.

Any game's thread HERE on F95 is itself an advert.

That's what I think.
That's not how this site works. All games get exactly one thread, which is never deleted unless the game violates the loli rule and there's no option to remove it. That thread is never locked/moved/etc. The Abandoned tag is warning enough, if people can't be asked to familiarize themselves with site functionality that's on them.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
What about developers who clearly state they will release every 4-5 months, but need money to stay afloat? If Patreon starts policing updates, you'll end up with a situation where a developer is forced to release a mediocre update every month just to avoid getting locked out.
And if Patreon imposed additional constraints on what constitutes an update and what doesn't, you'll get Patreon mods reviewing content against change logs which would take lots and lots of time and would increase fees for that category.

And it's only if developers are either forced into that category or choose it themselves. But pure patronage still exists, as in money for nothing, where the creator is under no obligation to provide anything and you just pay because they're so awesome (yes, it's a thing). Since this category would require no policing at all because it's clearly voluntary, it would also carry lower fees. All game developers would immediately switch to it.

And if not, there are other platforms that will happily take you as a customer.
How about this: Patreon only polices when devs set update dates and misses at least 1-3 (In a row?)

You can keep your patreon pages that are made just to get donations, while going after devs who obviously lie

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
How about this: Patreon only polices when devs set update dates and misses at least 1-3 (In a row?)

You can keep your patreon pages that are made just to get donations, while going after devs who obviously lie
then they wouldn't set any specific release dates.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
still 600+ low IQ followers who probably pay 1$ - 5$ per month .
Nah, make it 5$ - 10$, check , the scammer still makes 5k/month, and math approves that. If u think that's a nice income, just look at how much ICSTOR makes.:FacePalm:

Man, some ppl are... breathtaking.:LOL: Personally, I don't give a shit about how much some smart dudes pay for a scam, problem is, others will do the same, and if the patrons don't care about their money, neither does Patreon, so you can't stop the milkers from milking the supporters and stop developing their games.

If this shit keeps up, and nobody sanctions this kinda behavior, we'll lose all the major devs or at least all the promising games that pop up here on f95, that's what some of these patrons don't understand.:cautious: If a scammer like Scamdrop doesn't release a damn update in 1y, he will never finish the damn game, stop paying for it. He'll probably release 1 or 2 updates if he loses most of his patrons.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Nah, make it 5$ - 10$, check , the scammer still makes 5k/month, and math approves that. If u think that's a nice income, just look at how much ICSTOR makes.:FacePalm:
Unfortunately, it's closer to $6k-$6.5k. Graphtreon underestimates unknown income by a large margin for creators who have a high proportion of high pledge patrons.

He'll probably release 1 or 2 updates if he loses most of his patrons.
We don't know that. He might just as well decide, "ah, fuck it, nobody cares about the game, I'm off the hook." Or it might not have any effect on him whatsoever. If he doesn't want to release anything, he won't release anything.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Unfortunately, it's closer to $6k-$6.5k. Graphtreon underestimates unknown income by a large margin for creators who have a high proportion of high pledge patrons.

We don't know that. He might just as well decide, "ah, fuck it, nobody cares about the game, I'm off the hook." Or it might not have any effect on him whatsoever. If he doesn't want to release anything, he won't release anything.
It's far more likely we see an update someday if he's not incentivized to keep doing nothing.

He's also getting sales from Steam and wherever else he's selling it.

shiny-kuki

May 6, 2020
Noooooooo. I got tricked into playing this. I know it says Abandoned but why does it says 0.98? There is no way this is in a 0.98 state. More like 0.33.

I thought it was pretty much done except the ending or something.

Now I ended up playing something that ends halfway and won't be finished. Awful. Please remove the 0.98 from the title, it's misleading. Put Part 1 of 3 instead

P.S. Someone get a hold of the character models and finish the game

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
It's far more likely we see an update someday if he's not incentivized to keep doing nothing.
Nothing is likely. It's the guy who has literally zero incentive or reason to put out release dates, and yet he did and broke them every time.
He's also getting sales from Steam and wherever else he's selling it.
I know that this opinion is pretty unpopular, but:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's his legal right to sell his game anywhere he sees fit. Patreon is clear that any promises made by the creator are not binding. Steam doesn't offer any protection from dev promises made in bad faith. And on his site he's free to set whatever rules he wants.

I can totally understand somebody who found his game, played it, liked it and paid money to get the latest version. No point discussing anyone's tastes and whether this game is worth the money you're paying for it (5 or 20 bucks depending on the version).

Ignoring Steam and Gumdrop's site for a moment, and focusing on Patreon only, what I cannot understand is how that same new patron, after looking around and finding out that:
• there's no progress for 2.5 years;
• Gumdrop set deadlines, broke them and made excuses every time;
• anyone who pledged money between Part IX and Part X release is going to get Part X without extra charges:
After finding out all of that still decides to support him for more than just one pledge.

Noooooooo. I got tricked into playing this. I know it says Abandoned but why does it says 0.98? There is no way this is in a 0.98 state. More like 0.33.
If anything, 0.3. The game is supposed to be divided into three Acts, ten Parts each. So if Part X ever gets released, the game then becomes version 0.3333...

P.S. Someone get a hold of the character models and finish the game
Someone did and made stuff that everyone's after, which are scenes of the characters in sexual situations. Oh, and the textures are higher quality, too, so it's better than whatever Gumdrop has to offer.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Nothing is likely. It's the guy who has literally zero incentive or reason to put out release dates, and yet he did and broke them every time.

I know that this opinion is pretty unpopular, but:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's his legal right to sell his game anywhere he sees fit. Patreon is clear that any promises made by the creator are not binding. Steam doesn't offer any protection from dev promises made in bad faith. And on his site he's free to set whatever rules he wants.

I can totally understand somebody who found his game, played it, liked it and paid money to get the latest version. No point discussing anyone's tastes and whether this game is worth the money you're paying for it (5 or 20 bucks depending on the version).

Ignoring Steam and Gumdrop's site for a moment, and focusing on Patreon only, what I cannot understand is how that same new patron, after looking around and finding out that:
• there's no progress for 2.5 years;
• Gumdrop set deadlines, broke them and made excuses every time;
• anyone who pledged money between Part IX and Part X release is going to get Part X without extra charges:
After finding out all of that still decides to support him for more than just one pledge.

If anything, 0.3. The game is supposed to be divided into three Acts, ten Parts each. So if Part X ever gets released, the game then becomes version 0.3333...

Someone did and made stuff that everyone's after, which are scenes of the characters in sexual situations. Oh, and the textures are higher quality, too, so it's better than whatever Gumdrop has to offer.
Wait who made sex scenes?

FeralChild

Aug 13, 2017
He probably makes just as much money through his own website's subscriptions and through the various niche places he has them places.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
surely this surprise that is rumored on the 30th is not the update, also because in theory it should not be a surprise since the game was "to be released by October" (after 2 years of disappointments)

for me there may be two hypotheses :

- a useless Halloween special

- the announcement of the umpteenth date, December

(sorry for my bad english)

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes