VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Looks like TENLOGOS is losing his shit on the discord page. You gotta love it.
With these things screen shots would be good - especially if we can track and trace the descent from fanboi to someone who'd not be taken by a regular mental asylum, for being too crazy, in the course of several weeks / months.

Reactions: ItZFaith69

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Nah, make it 5$ - 10$, check , the scammer still makes 5k/month, and math approves that. If u think that's a nice income, just look at how much ICSTOR makes.:FacePalm:

Man, some ppl are... breathtaking.:LOL: Personally, I don't give a shit about how much some smart dudes pay for a scam, problem is, others will do the same, and if the patrons don't care about their money, neither does Patreon, so you can't stop the milkers from milking the supporters and stop developing their games.

If this shit keeps up, and nobody sanctions this kinda behavior, we'll lose all the major devs or at least all the promising games that pop up here on f95, that's what some of these patrons don't understand.:cautious: If a scammer like Scamdrop doesn't release a damn update in 1y, he will never finish the damn game, stop paying for it. He'll probably release 1 or 2 updates if he loses most of his patrons.
It's far more likely we see an update someday if he's not incentivized to keep doing nothing.

He's also getting sales from Steam and wherever else he's selling it.
Exactly! There are too many people on this forum that defend the milkers and scammers, not understanding that they and the patrons who continue to pay despite devs delaying updates are only encouraging more devs to do this. In the last several months I've already seen a handful of games that I have been following start doing this. If you see other devs getting away with it, why wouldn't they do it too?

With these things screen shots would be good - especially if we can track and trace the descent from fanboi to someone who'd not be taken by a regular mental asylum, for being too crazy, in the course of several weeks / months.
I'm pretty sure these hardcore fanboys are actually friends of the devs though, or even alt accounts. I've definitely suspected this in certain game threads. I can't understand why anybody else would so blindly and vigrously defend scammers.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
surely this surprise that is rumored on the 30th is not the update, also because in theory it should not be a surprise since the game was "to be released by October" (after 2 years of disappointments)

for me there may be two hypotheses :

- a useless Halloween special

- the announcement of the umpteenth date, December

(sorry for my bad english)
At least a Halloween special would be content.

Reactions: ItZFaith69

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Looks like TENLOGOS is losing his shit on the discord page. You gotta love it.
'Tenlogos' sounds like a medicore RPG villian ripping off Chrono Trigger that somebdy thought up in REEEEEEEEEEEEsetera so I'm not surprised

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
He went from $10,000 per month to $6,000 per month. Sure, it's still a lot of money, but it means he loses $4,000 every month because he's not doing anything.
If he was doing something during that time, I figure he'd be up to $15k-$20k, which is a lot of money lying around to simply ignore.

In short, he's not incentivized to do sweet fuck all. If he doesn't want to work on his game, he won't, and there won't be anything new coming anytime soon or ever. If he wanted to work on the game, he'd be finalizing Act III by now.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
He went from $10,000 per month to $6,000 per month. Sure, it's still a lot of money, but it means he loses $4,000 every month because he's not doing anything.
If he was doing something during that time, I figure he'd be up to $15k-$20k, which is a lot of money lying around to simply ignore.

In short, he's not incentivized to do sweet fuck all. If he doesn't want to work on his game, he won't, and there won't be anything new coming anytime soon or ever. If he wanted to work on the game, he'd be finalizing Act III by now.
There's a difference between losing out on more potential money vs having no income at all.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Seems like Gumdrop just learned of Palmer dying. Wonder if he knew him at all.
Wanna bet? 90 percent chance Gumdrop misuses Palmer´s passing as an excuse on Friday. He is the type of character to take advantage of the sorrow of others. Why else would he bring up Palmer´s death? Gumdrop never commented much on other games or devs before, but he practically used everything he commented on over time as an excuse later on.

Reactions: sob

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
Nothing is likely. It's the guy who has literally zero incentive or reason to put out release dates, and yet he did and broke them every time.

I know that this opinion is pretty unpopular, but:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's his legal right to sell his game anywhere he sees fit. Patreon is clear that any promises made by the creator are not binding. Steam doesn't offer any protection from dev promises made in bad faith. And on his site he's free to set whatever rules he wants.

I can totally understand somebody who found his game, played it, liked it and paid money to get the latest version. No point discussing anyone's tastes and whether this game is worth the money you're paying for it (5 or 20 bucks depending on the version).

Ignoring Steam and Gumdrop's site for a moment, and focusing on Patreon only, what I cannot understand is how that same new patron, after looking around and finding out that:
• there's no progress for 2.5 years;
• Gumdrop set deadlines, broke them and made excuses every time;
• anyone who pledged money between Part IX and Part X release is going to get Part X without extra charges:
After finding out all of that still decides to support him for more than just one pledge.

If anything, 0.3. The game is supposed to be divided into three Acts, ten Parts each. So if Part X ever gets released, the game then becomes version 0.3333...

Someone did and made stuff that everyone's after, which are scenes of the characters in sexual situations. Oh, and the textures are higher quality, too, so it's better than whatever Gumdrop has to offer.
What, where?!

Reactions: ImmortalNight
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes