VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Its one thing to want this game to come out... I'm with you, I too was a fan of it 3 years ago. I'd love to see the sequel. But to give him money without results is just.... incomprehensible. It's like a battered woman going back to her husband on promises he'll never do it again.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
I read a recent review that mentioned that this dev's patreon is still getting money - Now that I am looking at it, I can see why. This dev is legit making posts saying "coming soon - Act X"(.. etc etc,) since June.. I didn't scroll down more than that, but I wonder if there's a chance that there will be an update coming out or not.. Or maybe someone steals his laptop, that conveniently had his new version on it, and he didn't have a back up.. ;)

Will still say that the models are still hot imho, there simply aren't enough older looking mother games (There are some, but a lot of them are abandoned or really slow with updates).

Jan 9, 2019
I read a recent review that mentioned that this dev's patreon is still getting money - Now that I am looking at it, I can see why. This dev is legit making posts saying "coming soon - Act X"(.. etc etc,) since June.. I didn't scroll down more than that, but I wonder if there's a chance that there will be an update coming out or not.. Or maybe someone steals his laptop, that conveniently had his new version on it, and he didn't have a back up.. ;)

Will still say that the models are still hot imho, there simply aren't enough older looking mother games (There are some, but a lot of them are abandoned or really slow with updates).
This used to be a game but was abandoned in 2018. Then it was taken over by someone (very likely not all the people who used to make the game, hence why he has to rely on commissions to keep the scam marketing going), and turned into a total scam. There is nothing here now, the abandoned tag is correct.

I described how this scam operates almost a year ago:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

Those who claimed that it wasn't, or that he was just "milking" (that would imply he had done ANY work at all during the past 2.5 years, but as I describe there that's false) were proven wrong. Today, more people here agree with me. But the evidence was clear even back then. Don't know why people keep having such expectations when carefully looking at the evidence reveals the nature of the scam: there is nothing at all, this is literally just one dude posting a recycled "preview" or shitty trivial render every few weeks with SOON plastered on it (a lunch break worth of time per month turned into thousands by scamming naive people). Then you add the massive number of lies he has spouted (literally claiming he had 25 GPUs), and it just becomes ludicrous. Wish someone made a list of all his lies, there is so much material there.

I repeat, as I have done for the past year: there is nothing being done, it really is fully abandoned (the tag isn't trying to fool you). A careful examination of his own "previews" reveals the farce.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes