VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I think Gummy is delaying the announcement of yet another delay because he is busy teaching "The Typist" how to be a douche and conman like he is himself.Look at the development cycle of "Because I love her" in the last couple months. In June, the Typist announced that the next update was about a week away, then ghosted for months. In September he announced an update three times, all dates broken. The last with the excuse it was his anniversary and he would update the next day. Guess what did not happen and who is ghosting again.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I think Gummy is delaying the announcement of yet another delay because he is busy teaching "The Typist" how to be a douche and conman like he is himself.Look at the development cycle of "Because I love her" in the last couple months. In June, the Typist announced that the next update was about a week away, then ghosted for months. In September he announced an update three times, all dates broken. The last with the excuse it was his anniversary and he would update the next day. Guess what did not happen and who is ghosting again.
Based on the game description I imagine his supporters love it.

ResmiHardin

Nov 16, 2018
This delay of the delay of the delayed has cost him so far 70+ patreons lol so whatever he's doing i hope he's liking this new delay :)

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
A summary for everyone :ROFLMAO:
That was pretty good, though I think everyone here's already up to speed with what's going on. I still remain fascinated as to how he can still have a large amount of supporters who are basically left empty handed month in month out..it's just mind blowingly baffling. I'm almost ready to say that his patrons just feed his account to watch people comment in this thread and lose their shit at how much he's making. lol

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
That was pretty good, though I think everyone here's already up to speed with what's going on. I still remain fascinated as to how he can still have a large amount of supporters who are basically left empty handed month in month out..it's just mind blowingly baffling. I'm almost ready to say that his patrons just feed his account to watch people comment in this thread and lose their shit at how much he's making. lol
*stealing

Reactions: TheFapperBoy

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
It's mind boggling...and as long as chumps like that keep paying, and people in forums like this keep defending their actions, these scammers will just keep doing it

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hopefully more and more people would understand the scam now
most at f95 understand that scamdrop is scamming but making his patrons to understand it is next to impossible.

It's mind boggling...and as long as chumps like that keep paying, and people in forums like this keep defending their actions, these scammers will just keep doing it
very few on this thread defend scamdrop.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I don't get it:
I have to say I am very disappointed and concerned. The last release from you was in April, which is now over 3 months ago. […] You seem to be making great progress on your personal website and payment systems but again, no release to the game. So you are focused heavily it seems on getting paid but not so focused on releasing content to your paying customers. […] Is this going to be a continuing trend? Making us wait for 4 months between releases and watch you spend more time and energy on parallel projects or other projects than you do on the game we are paying you to build?

I like the game and all but in 4 months time I can buy a complete game from Steam rather than watch you build a website.
So close and yet so far! I mean, that dude makes a very valid point, but normal people would just cancel at that point and only come back if there's an update, and even then be wary.
It's not illegal to cancel, you're not signing up to any contract. (There were no annual subscriptions back in 2018 and 2019).

And yet, Gumdrop games continues to accept monthly payments from their loyal supporters.
Another thing that I don't get. "Accepting monthly payments" is absolutely passive. Sure, he could close down his Patreon, he could suspend payments, but if he didn't, it's only your choice to give him money or not. Sure, gumdrop is a con and a crook, and all that, but if it's clear to you, simply don't give him money.

It reminds me of one lady on welfare who posted a complaint about the state of an apartment she was granted and started her complaint with "Last month, we accepted an apartment". And instantly antagonized everyone who was reading that post.

Whining that gumdrop is still accepting payments is crass.

Like cxx just said:
most at f95 understand that scamdrop is scamming but making his patrons to understand it is next to impossible.
Exactly. The problem with his patrons is that most don't understand that they're being swindled out of their money, but at the same time, "the enlightened remainder" is making inane arguments like that one on the linked page, and whining that gumdrop is scamming them out of their money, which they are freely giving to him every month. They seem like they expect special privileges just because they're giving him money.
And that's a huge problem, because when somebody understands that they're not getting what they're paying for, they will either cancel, or they will go to complain. And there they will find dozens of such apologists and they will start buying into their argument and will start expecting gumdrop to give them something.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Gumdrop has been reported for suspected financial fraud, incest, sexual violence, underaged content, and not delivering promised updates. He's still up on Patreon and his site is linked to Patreon which has all of the above content. And someone tried to report the Trust and Safety Team for obvious favoritism or ignorance. No reply. So I tried. I even offered a comparison to Mr Dots saying he only had incest and a young looking adult female and his game was taken down. Whereas Dual Family has a high school aged male violently raping his own aunt and a young girl raped her sleeping uncle. No reply other than the standard "we received the complaint" and I never got another reply after that.
I'm starting to wonder if he's paying off some T&S people over at Patreon.
He had his account suspended twice in 2018. It obviously made a huge dent in his finances, and it was why he diversified to his own page and to Steam.

That's also when he released version 0.99. I didn't look for it, so I don't know what differences there are between 0.99 and 0.98. Other than ignoring your complaints outright, another possibility is that Patreon did look at your complaint, checked version 0.99, found no offending content and didn't bother replying. We'll probably never know.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes