VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Mattee

Sep 5, 2017
Haven't followed this game pretty much at all after the updates became sparse, but I'm actually amazed at how lively it is around here. It was pretty enjoyable to read through the thread, even more so than it was actually playing through the game itself.

I stay away (and I strongly advise anyone else to do the same) from stuff like this, because trying to fix it is actually pointless. Yes, you may, through tremendous amounts of effort, make Patreon do something about this or at least sway people away from the project, but they will just find another gun to jump on. It's not worth ripping your hair out for this. You can't fix people being stupid.

Last edited:

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
DOES he actually own copyright? Don't you need to file something somewhere?
Trademarks and patents have to be filed, but in the vast majority of the world copyright is granted automatically to signatories of the . That wasn't always the case in the U.S. (which led to some hilarious oversights like Night of the Living Dead entering public domain upon release), but since they signed on in the late 80s copyright exists the moment a work is "fixed".

Now whether or not ScamDrop would ever actually sue someone is a different matter. The tradeoff to automatic copyrights is that it's incumbent upon the copyright holder to do the heavy lifting of enforcement, and I doubt something like this would ever actually end up in court.

Reactions: Yakis0ba

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
What?

Realistic Incest Games? THEY DON'T EXIST

The only realistic incest plot would be: a father raping his daughter over and over and over. Have you got the guts to write such a story?
This might be the dumbest take ever. Incest has been a reoccurring theme throughout history in virtually every culture. To say that every occurrence of it is rape if fucking hilarious.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Can someone give a summary of what's happening with the game for someone out of the loop? For lulz.

SonnyG932

Jan 29, 2018
It's a shame that its been so long since this game has produced anything that I forgot about its existence. This was the first adult visual novel that I played and what brought me to the genre a few years ago, and it hasn't been updated since then. This guy still has over 600 patreons too which is incredible. The guy should be on the top criminal list for this scam that he's running at this point.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
It's a shame that its been so long since this game has produced anything that I forgot about its existence. This was the first adult visual novel that I played and what brought me to the genre a few years ago, and it hasn't been updated since then. This guy still has over 600 patreons too which is incredible. The guy should be on the top criminal list for this scam that he's running at this point.
Same for me. First novel and led me to this site.

SonnyG932

Jan 29, 2018
Same for me. First novel and led me to this site.
I remember I at first had it on my phone then came to the site to see what else it had, then got a Mega account and it was on from there. The amount of time that has passed since this game has received any attention, the whole game should be done at this point. Real shame we can't finish the game that got us started here.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
game should been done in a year but he decided to just enjoy on money w/o need to do anything.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes