VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

TheReDeeMeR

Mar 18, 2018
He could as its his story and characters and being the creator he owns the copyrights to the story/characters (not the daz characters, but the fictional creation of the characters). Why would'nt he if say you were to clone his game and make thousands of dollars off of it (Hypothetically) - He'd be dumb NOT to, unless you live in some place like Russia or China, then you can do what ever you want and he cant do a god damn thing. I don;t see what's unrealistic about him going after you or contacting Patreon or who ever processes your theoretical payments... There's nothing I said that isnt plausible or in the realm of fictional TV. I think you're the one who's very naive.
Hypothetically speaking ofc
Doesn't matter where I live, I can live next door for that matter(he doesn't know that)
He doesn't have proof of what I am doing or where I live. It's the internet dude, he can't do shit.

Reactions: hiya02

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hypothetically speaking ofc
Doesn't matter where I live, I can live next door for that matter(he doesn't know that)
He doesn't have proof of what I am doing or where I live. It's the internet dude, he can't do shit.
How are you going to collect money? From P.O. Box? Youre going to have people send you money through the mail or something? What are you 15 years old? Do you even know how payment processing works?

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Well if he would sue he would have to come with his real name, address, people that worked on this, money made, taxes paid, etc. That would bring too many eyes on his Patreon scam project.

And he would have to come with proof of plagiarism, some sort of damages to his brand and reparations for the presumably loss of revenue. I don't see that possible.

If I were to create a game called Double POV Family with similar looking characters and a similar story he can't do shit. Other than make his game better than mine and maybe send an army of trolls to discredit me.

If it would be that easy to sue over IPs 80% of the game devs in the incest niche could sue each other because their games have mostly the same story.

How many times have we went to THAT clothing store with the landlady/tenant lool. We go there every single game, right?

sob

Apr 3, 2017
How many Fortnite clones are there now? Tens? Hundreds on mobile?
How many Big brother clones were made during the development of the original one? 3, 4? And a few after that.

If you're smart about it and don't copy-paste the names, characters, and lines of code and dialogue you're good to go.
Just slightly alter them.

Plus as I remember the license for dual family is expired on the us trademark site.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Well yeah, but that's not what were talking about here. The initial post was to basically CLONE the game and keep the story, characters, remove the bad parts and cash in on the likeness, if you're not doing that, then yeah you're basically creating a whole new game.

The only copyright claim he could make is that the story is so similar that it's basically plagiarism. Which to my knowledge he doesnt even need to file copyright/trademark, only to prove that it was a copy of something he created/wrote prior to the copy.

Last edited:

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Regarding the OP(er) above, I can't help but find it suspect. His/her priorities for every post I've read is A) to discourage people from exposing GD as a scammer and B) try to discourage someone from copying (and finishing) the game.

On that second point, I would happily be a patron of whoever makes the effort, so count me in.
Well, Ive been exposed lmao.

I've only said a million times that Im baffled by his support... and that people are insnae for supporting him. Also, do what ever the hell you want.. Im just sayin'

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Actually felt sad seeing this . This dude is still supporting the scammer even after admitting funds are tight and has to look after his daughter. Note he's still not talking about stopping to pledge.... How many like him has succumbed to this scammer?
View attachment 960241
That's the dedication! Daughter dearest can skip a meal, daddy needs to unwind.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
Actually felt sad seeing this . This dude is still supporting the scammer even after admitting funds are tight and has to look after his daughter. Note he's still not talking about stopping to pledge.... How many like him has succumbed to this scammer?
View attachment 960241
Now I’m 100% sure that it is another alter user for Tenlogos Kyle. No one is that stupid that they would keep pleding to the guy who has done nothing in 3 years if they would be low on money and would have to feed their kids. Cool story for Discord users so everybody would do the same as ”this guy”.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and tombeir

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
View attachment 960241
I've come to see Scumdrops Discord as part of some alternate universe for idiots, where they don't allow rational thought. It's like we're getting a glimpse into the world of Idiocracy.

Last edited:

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
To Lamer, Tenlogos, Joshua and any other dweeb supporter for GumDrop Games and all new members reading this thread...

I posted something back in June of 2018 on his Patreon regarding his lack of progress and obsession with his new website. Mind you, this post was only 3 months after his very last update to the game. It read...

I have to say I am very disappointed and concerned. The last release from you was in April, which is now over 3 months ago. We keep getting teasers and all of these "pinup packs" but not a single game release. You seem to be making great progress on your personal website and payment systems but again, no release to the game. So you are focused heavily it seems on getting paid but not so focused on releasing content to your paying customers. The "progress page" on your new websites hasn't seemed to move much since it was created. So my question to you is this... Is this going to be a continuing trend? Making us wait for 4 months between releases and watch you spend more time and energy on parallel projects or other projects than you do on the game we are paying you to build?

I like the game and all but in 4 months time I can buy a complete game from Steam rather than watch you build a website. Why should I continue to give you money when my other pledges are delivering good content monthly? I am not trying to be a jerk here but this is an observation from the last 3 months and I don't see you finishing this Chapter until late August at the earliest. I can't be the only person that is frustrated with your lack of progress."
- Bass

Now I wrote this in a professional yet direct manner, calling him out on his "deficiencies" and he wrote some long winded , self serving reply about delays and completely understanding, blah, blah, blah. I wasn't mean nor condescending but I called out his behavior. For the record, I didn't get banned and I stopped supporting him after the post. I wanted him to post something worth paying for before I resumed.

Remember, this was from 2018! Since then his excuses have been as many and as lame, along with the delays and he still collects a huge sum each month. It has been nearly 3 years and what I posted here is still an accurate portrait of his behavior/personality/scam. So if you believe any of his excuses including the recent ones, you can't say you weren't warned.

So, if you come here to grouse and bitch or wonder openly in a mock self-reflective way about why we are still butthurt about GumDrop and his SCAM, don't waste our time. Try reading the entire thread FIRST.

I don't think anyone here is butthurt. A SCAM is a SCAM and I feel we are doing a real service to those that read our posts and decide not to support his lies. Any penny we save a person from wasting on GumDrop Games is worth it. I hope this thread continues until he is out of business permanently! I hope we have threads to all of the other SCAMMERS as well so they get no new subscribers either! Keep up the good work mates!

For the record, if someone were to redo his game, I would help in any way I can and would support it!

bass63

Feb 24, 2018
To Lamer, Tenlogos, Joshua and any other dweeb supporter for GumDrop Games and all new members reading this thread...

I posted something back in June of 2018 on his Patreon regarding his lack of progress and obsession with his new website. Mind you, this post was only 3 months after his very last update to the game. It read...

I have to say I am very disappointed and concerned. The last release from you was in April, which is now over 3 months ago. We keep getting teasers and all of these "pinup packs" but not a single game release. You seem to be making great progress on your personal website and payment systems but again, no release to the game. So you are focused heavily it seems on getting paid but not so focused on releasing content to your paying customers. The "progress page" on your new websites hasn't seemed to move much since it was created. So my question to you is this... Is this going to be a continuing trend? Making us wait for 4 months between releases and watch you spend more time and energy on parallel projects or other projects than you do on the game we are paying you to build?

I like the game and all but in 4 months time I can buy a complete game from Steam rather than watch you build a website. Why should I continue to give you money when my other pledges are delivering good content monthly? I am not trying to be a jerk here but this is an observation from the last 3 months and I don't see you finishing this Chapter until late August at the earliest. I can't be the only person that is frustrated with your lack of progress." - Bass

Now I wrote this in a professional yet direct manner, calling him out on his "deficiencies" and he wrote some long winded , self serving reply about delays and completely understanding, blah, blah, blah. I wasn't mean nor condescending but I called out his behavior. For the record, I didn't get banned and I stopped supporting him after the post. I wanted him to post something worth paying for before I resumed.

Remember, this was from 2018! Since then his excuses have been as many and as lame, along with the delays and he still collects a huge sum each month. It has been nearly 3 years and what I posted here is still an accurate portrait of his behavior/personality/scam. So if you believe any of his excuses including the recent ones, you can't say you weren't warned.

So, if you come here to grouse and bitch or wonder openly in a mock self-reflective way about why we are still butthurt about GumDrop and his SCAM, don't waste our time. Try reading the entire thread FIRST.

I don't think anyone here is butthurt. A SCAM is a SCAM and I feel we are doing a real service to those that read our posts and decide not to support his lies. Any penny we save a person from wasting on GumDrop Games is worth it. I hope this thread continues until he is out of business permanently! I hope we have threads to all of the other SCAMMERS as well so they get no new subscribers either! Keep up the good work mates!

For the record, if someone were to redo his game, I would help in any way I can and would support it!
Meant Lurker, not Lamer. Same difference.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018

I like the game and all but in 4 months time I can buy a complete game from Steam rather than watch you build a website. Why should I continue to give you money when my other pledges are delivering good content monthly? I am not trying to be a jerk here but this is an observation from the last 3 months and I don't see you finishing this Chapter until late August at the earliest. I can't be the only person that is frustrated with your lack of progress." - Bass

I remember reading this post on Patreon back in the day. Scumdrop had started to smell so I had already dropped my support but was interested in how others thought about it. You were right then and are still right to day. 2+ years later it's now clear what happened. All along (even before your 2018 post), Scamdrop's plan was to make maximum money with minimum effort - keep the day job (or what ever he really does) and do bare minimum to keep patrons paying with lip service.
At the end of 2020 Scumdrop have objectively successfully achieved the objectives of the scam. In some sort of perverted criminal way it is an impressive business model. All this Patreon revenue with very little effort/cost, allowing him to work a real day job => maximum profit for 2+ years and counting.

An you are right about the defenders of Scamdrop here - they are just alias accounts for his scam employees (dweebs above). I wonder how big cut they get, 5%-10% of Scamdrop's monthly profit?

Reactions: Ivyxxx and sob

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Well, Ive been exposed lmao.

I've only said a million times that Im baffled by his support... and that people are insnae for supporting him. Also, do what ever the hell you want.. Im just sayin'
My bad, sincerely. I confused your account with a different one (Lurker). I deleted my post.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Change the first page to a warning. A clear, and vivid warning that Gumdrop is truly a scumbag, and a con. His shit Patreon, and website should not be plugged here in any capacity. Gumdrop, and anything related to him should have a big FAT warning tag on it.

Abandoned isn't enough.

I'm sorry for everyone that ever gave this piece of shit a single dime. I was one of them a long time ago, and if I could chargeback every transaction I would. I'd love to go on a massive rant about all of this, but honestly?... It just isn't worth it.

Rest in piss Dual Family. Rest in piss.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I remember reading this post on Patreon back in the day. Scumdrop had started to smell so I had already dropped my support but was interested in how others thought about it. You were right then and are still right to day. 2+ years later it's now clear what happened. All along (even before your 2018 post), Scamdrop's plan was to make maximum money with minimum effort - keep the day job (or what ever he really does) and do bare minimum to keep patrons paying with lip service.
At the end of 2020 Scumdrop have objectively successfully achieved the objectives of the scam. In some sort of perverted criminal way it is an impressive business model. All this Patreon revenue with very little effort/cost, allowing him to work a real day job => maximum profit for 2+ years and counting.

An you are right about the defenders of Scamdrop here - they are just alias accounts for his scam employees (dweebs above). I wonder how big cut they get, 5%-10% of Scamdrop's monthly profit?
Employee. They literally all come here and make the same arguments and argue the same way. It's probably all gumdrop aliases. He must think we are as stupid as his patreons.

Fuck off scamdrop.

RemyDanton

Apr 18, 2020
What comes first... a readily available COVID vaccine for everyone or Part X?

Didn't think this thread would still be going.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes