VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
So many great devs hardly making a few bucks and this nauseating liar still has 600 patrons.
Six hundred fucking patrons. 600 x $5 / $12... you do the math.

Wow!
One day they swallowed a mosquito each. They had more brain cells in their stomachs than in their cranial cavities.
Yeah that's one of the reasons this is so irritating, there's some devs out there actually making an effort and producing a good product who barely have a following or support, meanwhle these milkers keep getting rewarded

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I am a longtimer on the thread and know that gumdrop is still his old lying scumming and scamming self, but if there ever will be a remake or a fanmod (something which has a higher chance of becoming true), an upgrade at start would be a choice of how the MCs behaved in the past.
That both Father and Son start at zero relationship points with all npcs is idiotic considering how the game depicts them. The father might have been a workaholic until about a year or two earlier, but even the first scene with the daughter makes it clear that their relationship is close and tight, 3 or 4 points on the point scale at least, likely higher!
Likewise it becomes clear over the run of the game that the Mom dislikes or even hates her daughter, while she adores the son. And while they bicker constantly and do not like each other all that much, the siblings have an halfway OK relationship. The son should start with 3 or 4 love points with the Mom, 1 or 2 with the daughter.
The Aunt is a manipulative chessplayer, but without the Father strangely being depicted as a fullblown prude for a long stretch of the game, it would be clear that those two are not on such bad terms even after their break-up. The father should start with 1 or 2 points for the Aunt.

These are just a few examples of why the zero relationship points across the board at game start do not fit the story. My idea would be that father and son get a "background" choice at game start, how they were before. Say 4 or 5 backgrounds with some hidden agendas by different NPCs (which could change according to the background).
The zero relationship points, maybe even negative for the son, start would be an absent, still workaholic father. Then a background with a couple of points for the daughter and aunt, which would be the game as depicted. Another background could be "trying to save the marriage" where the father starts with 5 or 6 points with the Mom and slightly lowered scores for the kids and Aunt.
Next would be "Cool Dad" where you start with 2-4 (hidden) points with the son and 6-8 points with the daughter, to show a father who was there for the kids, but not the rest.
Next a choice "Trying to be the best guy normally possible", where the father starts with a couple points for all NPCs, highest the daughter with 9-12 points.
Another option would be backgrounds tailored more specific to certain NPCs, like e.g. "When the father with the daughter" where the father starts with 12 or more points with the daughter, zero or even negative points with the Mom and son. Depicting a situation where dad and daughter are already so close that the question is less if, than when and how it happens (and what hidden agendas are at work to throw a curveball to negate it)
Or the "horny savior" and "still old friends" where the dad has high starting scores (7-12) with Karen and the Aunt respectively.

For the son there are similar choices like e.g. "True asshole", "Milfhunter", "Mom looks sexy in this", "Finding happiness with Mara", "A great son" and so on.
Coupled with some hidden agendas these would bring very distinctive routes and challenges to overcome. And it would not force too many additional renders, because most of these changes would be text and only a couple of scenes, since most of it are "just" reactions to different point scores, which are already in need of being depicted.
What is your opinion of this idea?

Reactions: Hadgar

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I am a longtimer on the thread and know that gumdrop is still his old lying scumming and scamming self, but if there ever will be a remake or a fanmod (something which has a higher chance of becoming true), an upgrade at start would be a choice of how the MCs behaved in the past.
That both Father and Son start at zero relationship points with all npcs is idiotic considering how the game depicts them. The father might have been a workaholic until about a year or two earlier, but even the first scene with the daughter makes it clear that their relationship is close and tight, 3 or 4 points on the point scale at least, likely higher!
Likewise it becomes clear over the run of the game that the Mom dislikes or even hates her daughter, while she adores the son. And while they bicker constantly and do not like each other all that much, the siblings have an halfway OK relationship. The son should start with 3 or 4 love points with the Mom, 1 or 2 with the daughter.
The Aunt is a manipulative chessplayer, but without the Father strangely being depicted as a fullblown prude for a long stretch of the game, it would be clear that those two are not on such bad terms even after their break-up. The father should start with 1 or 2 points for the Aunt.

These are just a few examples of why the zero relationship points across the board at game start do not fit the story. My idea would be that father and son get a "background" choice at game start, how they were before. Say 4 or 5 backgrounds with some hidden agendas by different NPCs (which could change according to the background).
The zero relationship points, maybe even negative for the son, start would be an absent, still workaholic father. Then a background with a couple of points for the daughter and aunt, which would be the game as depicted. Another background could be "trying to save the marriage" where the father starts with 5 or 6 points with the Mom and slightly lowered scores for the kids and Aunt.
Next would be "Cool Dad" where you start with 2-4 (hidden) points with the son and 6-8 points with the daughter, to show a father who was there for the kids, but not the rest.
Next a choice "Trying to be the best guy normally possible", where the father starts with a couple points for all NPCs, highest the daughter with 9-12 points.
Another option would be backgrounds tailored more specific to certain NPCs, like e.g. "When the father with the daughter" where the father starts with 12 or more points with the daughter, zero or even negative points with the Mom and son. Depicting a situation where dad and daughter are already so close that the question is less if, than when and how it happens (and what hidden agendas are at work to throw a curveball to negate it)
Or the "horny savior" and "still old friends" where the dad has high starting scores (7-12) with Karen and the Aunt respectively.

For the son there are similar choices like e.g. "True asshole", "Milfhunter", "Mom looks sexy in this", "Finding happiness with Mara", "A great son" and so on.
Coupled with some hidden agendas these would bring very distinctive routes and challenges to overcome. And it would not force too many additional renders, because most of these changes would be text and only a couple of scenes, since most of it are "just" reactions to different point scores, which are already in need of being depicted.
What is your opinion of this idea?
Good observations and ideas, but it looks like it is wasted on this game. Highly unlikely that this game will actually be seriously updated.

Reactions: Silk_Ari

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Why doesn't someone make a modded version with all the good ideas and then make bank? By now, we can legit re-create those ladies because they're based off stock daz models. Next, try avoiding "dutch angles", "severe bloom", "extreme closeups", and "cutting previous renders to make them look new". And in my opinion, any modder worth their salt could easily revise the dialogues and the score tracking for relationships and change the needless rape scenes to consensual sex. That way, it could change the story to a more believable trajectory. I could try the dialogues and stat tracking and see what happens from there? If we do a "community mod" and make it what Dual Family is really supposed to be, don't you think his supporter would jump ship to a better version? And I guarantee you he WILL NOTICE it and WILL HAVE TO TAKE ACTION. All we gotta do is say "modder license", dude. If i did it and he started screaming like a baby at me, I'd just straight up tell him "You either accept this as the new Dual Family or you better finish the damn game after 3 years of nothing!"

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
His supporters really think he can do an entire remake in 2 months when he couldn't put together an update in over 2 years?
Especially when the guy was first lying for 6 months that he is going drop the update, and as latest as 28th of November he told in his Discord that the update is going to drop before Christmas. And then week before Christmas he comes out with "I'm going to remake this whole game so no update, oh by the way I decided to do remake of this already months ago but still lied to you all that there would be update before Christmas k guys gotta go talk to ya in February bye" shit. And yet still somehow people think that this guy is legit... :FacePalm:

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Why doesn't someone make a modded version with all the good ideas and then make bank?
There's already fanart and a comic remake from vanaduke https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-fan-art.5594/page-4#post-603072 - It's not a game, but it's based off the same characters. I'm not sure anyone would be interested in a modded version, Im not even sure anyone is interested in HIS own remake. I can see that thing fail miserably, then again, I'm completely baffled how he can still have ANY support and yet he does. Honestly, anyone could just basically take all the characters and make his own story/game. He could potentially threaten legal action and who needs that headache? Seems to me if anyone is going to invest their time into making a game, they'll make something of their own, not copy someone else's work. There ispotential for a quick cash grab, but in the end, if the game's just about money and has no heart to it, it will suck.

TheReDeeMeR

Mar 18, 2018
There's already fanart and a comic remake from vanaduke https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-fan-art.5594/page-4#post-603072 - It's not a game, but it's based off the same characters. I'm not sure anyone would be interested in a modded version, Im not even sure anyone is interested in HIS own remake. I can see that thing fail miserably, then again, I'm completely baffled how he can still have ANY support and yet he does. Honestly, anyone could just basically take all the characters and make his own story/game. He could potentially threaten legal action and who needs that headache? Seems to me if anyone is going to invest their time into making a game, they'll make something of their own, not copy someone else's work. There ispotential for a quick cash grab, but in the end, if the game's just about money and has no heart to it, it will suck.
threaten legal action
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Do you read your own comments? You should...
What can I say, you watch too much TV

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes