VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I've been always really cautious about calling someone names. People are emotional and trow those dumb "milking" accusations every single time game is not updated. I'm always willing to wait for a dev as long as it takes even if he's willing to work for years. All I need is any proof of actual work or willingness to communicate openly with audience. But Gumdrop is actually the only "dev" I know I would dare to call a scammer. Years without any update, any proof of an actual work, of any worthy informations about project but instead years of annouceements without any merits. I really hope some admin will look into this case, flag this thread and dev as a scammer on its front page so people will be at least cautious with their support. He's actually really impressive to scam cleanly so much money, but nevertheless he's harmful for western erotic games market and this forum as well.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I wonder if Gumdrop sees himself as a scammer. I mean, this game certainly didn't start as a scam. Would be interesting to know what kind of things he tells himself in order to sleep well at night. People usually don't like being bad guys, so they come up with all sorts of justifications. What are his?

Lion18

Oct 25, 2018
Anyway he's a genius, how many dollars he gains every month? Hundreds? Thousands? And all without working.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
I wonder if Gumdrop sees himself as a scammer. I mean, this game certainly didn't start as a scam. Would be interesting to know what kind of things he tells himself in order to sleep well at night. People usually don't like being bad guys, so they come up with all sorts of justifications. What are his?
Probably not, because he has so many goofs like Tenlogos choking on his dick while worshipping him and telling him how he is a good and amazing person. Some imbeciles even defend him by saying that deving is just his weekend hobby. :KEK:

But like Lion18 said, this guy is a genius when it comes to milking money from so many bona fide goofs for so long.

Reactions: Pestilence and sob

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Hey, anyone else want a strange totally not related (*cough*) coincidence? Remember Teachers Pets? Remember iredeemable? Remember how the guy promised new updates and ran with the money? Well check out his discord.

He's back.

He apparantly had 'mental problems' and stopped working on the game, but he's working on a new game.

I wonder how many scam artists are going to use gumdrops method of just coming back and starting a new game or remaking it?

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Hey, anyone else want a strange totally not related (*cough*) coincidence? Remember Teachers Pets? Remember iredeemable? Remember how the guy promised new updates and ran with the money? Well check out his discord.

He's back.

He apparantly had 'mental problems' and stopped working on the game, but he's working on a new game.

I wonder how many scam artists are going to use gumdrops method of just coming back and starting a new game or remaking it?
Wow really? I remember the famous "a hacker hacked my network" excuse lol.
But to be fair iredeemable was an amateur at scamming compared to gd. I remember that after a few excuses, including the hacker one, his patreons dropped to like 40.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Just checked iredeemable on Patreon. He still das 27 patrons lol.
Must be people who genuinely forgot they were subbed.
Gd probably has between 50 and 100 of those.

Reactions: January2015

christopher1122

Apr 6, 2018
Yikes.

Ah, it's fine. I honestly understand why people are mad/ salty about it. I was just curious about the driving factor for being it so long. Apparently the main motivation for "many" people seems to be to protect their fellow strangers on the internet. Noble indeed!

Anyways, good luck guys.
Ok one reason why people are still having a reaction to gumdrop for so long because he's still engaging with his manipulative behaviors with empty promises while simultaneously gaining a profit from others, If he were to acknowledge what he's doing which is scamming people or stops and deleting his patron with refunds, until that there will be a reaction to his conduct. Instead the developer is still active and indirectly deceiving and advancing his own interest at other's expense

Last edited:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Wow really? I remember the famous "a hacker hacked my network" excuse lol.
But to be fair iredeemable was an amateur at scamming compared to gd. I remember that after a few excuses, including the hacker one, his patreons dropped to like 40.
Can I hear a juicy details about that?

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

He's back.

I thought it had gotten banned from Patreon because of the "drugging" which was sorta like date rape...

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Probably the reason for the "reboot".
No he reuploaded it to fit patreon guidelines.

That was also when he made a 'joke' about waiting a long time to have sex with Dotty from dmd (Ironic)

He promised alot and then vanished for a year.

Last edited:

john_jones21

Jun 24, 2017
Covid means people's incomes are getting hit so I'm sure some are remembering when they used to get easy money. He also said he was working on a new game after his previous disappearance. Hopefully actually talented and hard working people will crowd them out.

I wonder if Gumdrop sees himself as a scammer.
The thing with a real scammer is they justify it all with the idea that people are stupid and someone else would scam them anyway.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Only teases with mom and daughter, Part X was supposed to be the big payoff... supposedly. We'll never know. Ever
I don't think this is even the case. It sure set you up with Karen to have a sex scene. However the game teases you with her multiple times and it never happens. I believe Act 3 was where sex was supposed to occur. Kind of laughable at this point.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I've been always really cautious about calling someone names. People are emotional and trow those dumb "milking" accusations every single time game is not updated. But Gumdrop is actually the only "dev" I know I would dare to call a scammer.
Gumdrop is probably the most blatant and long-time scammer, but to say he's the ONLY scammer is not accurate. There are definitely at least a few more devs that fit that title (e.g. Radiant). Disagree on saying it's "emotional" and "dumb" to accuse a dev of milking if their actions indicate that, whether it's through consistent delays without reasonable cause, lies and contradictions, or the dev literally admitting they are "taking their time" just because...Any dev who does any of the following, or just disappears, and continues to collect from patreons anyway to me qualifies as a scammer.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes