VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Naw. The best Blue Ball Experience on the 'net. I'm guessing he's got the blue ball fetish cornered.
Or maybe they're into psychological or denial play. Maybe it's all of the above?

Reactions: xXwankerXx

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
This actually has a whiff of the plausible, since crypto mining would certainly be an appealing alternative to posing and rendering shit with your newly-purchased GPUs. Doesn't current crypto mining need like hundreds of GPUs, though? I'm only tangentially-aware of whatever garbage goes on in that field these days, aside from noticing that I'll have to put off a PC upgrade again because finding a 30xx family card requires either some late-night Ticketmaster bullshit or taking out a second mortgage.
I don't know about mining but the price on bitcoin started skyrocketing in october and is now at an all-time high by far.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
5m pst today there'll be some "news". he can keep that banner up indefinitely since no date on it.

this thread is impossible to clean since every post since page 10 or so should be deleted.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
2 hours left, for the shitty i made 5 days ago.
It's over...
image_2021-02-18_121902.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Paranoid_android
D

Deleted member 270639

I dont understand...does proloque mean part 1 till x?And the next dead line will be the start of part 2?

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I dont understand...does proloque mean part 1 till x?And the next dead line will be the start of part 2?
No, it doesn't. Today Gumdrop will release Act I - Prologue (the remastered version of the old prologue we all know). To summarise, he's gonna release the same thing from 3-4 years but using new renders (at least that's what he's supposed to do since he didn't work on Act I - Part X for 3 years).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
he will remaster current content aka part I-IX and call those act 1 or some other shit and when he has done that he will start working on act 2 aka part X which hasn't seen daylight even it was supposed to come out years ago.

only his supporters (there are other names used for those) will believe that he will release something.

is that from some game?

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I have no issue with criticism of Gumdrop, but this is legitimate. He put 5 PST. Only 10 hours left.
It's not for the update from what I've gathered.

It's just a 'remastering' of the old scenes.
He admitted to not doing much work on part X and now wants to get the 'older scenes' up to his 'new' standards.

In case you're new,
You may have noticed an abundance of quote marks above,
that's because Gumdrops lies...A lot.
:)

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Guys, chill. I've no idea why you think this is going to be yet another one of his excuses and scams. It doesn't make sense to keep this going until his "big reveal".

His scam was going on just fine, why would he change his MO completely? There was literally nothing that would prompt it, so it's not like he was forced to do one final push.

He had way too much time to not complete the game. He mentioned having a team, and certainly had the money to hire people, so within the scope of a year (or three years since Act I Part IX), with the money pouring in, he could have had the game completed and fully tested behind the scenes. (I only say a year because it was a year ago that he admitted he was a lazy ass.)

If that's what happened, he's now executing a perfect strategy in the way of milking his baby.

If he commissioned a CGI artist and a copywriter, their job is complete. He can reduce the number of hours for his programmer to a bare minimum as well, but still retain him to fix bugs that will inevitably appear once the game is in the hands of players.

Suppose he has the game ready. He'll reveal the Prologue today. In a gesture of "good will," he'll release it for free to all. Supporters or not, we'll all get access to it. It makes sense, he'll gain people who will want to get in on his February 28th release of Act I (Part I-X).
Last year he promised that he would give out the game for free to all patrons who supported him even just once between Part IX and Part X release. They're going to get the Act I release by end of February.

Once he whet their appetites, it will be two months until the release of Act II (April 30th). So those who sign up in February will pay for February, March, April and likely May because Patreon and Gumdrop operate on Pacific Time, so unless you stay up and download the game immediately when it drops, most of his supporters will be charged overnight (for them) for May, and even if their bank (or Paypal) doesn't clear the transaction, they'll simply lose access, so they will have to renew it for May to get access.
Next release is July 4th. So those who don't cancel in the meantime will be paying for May, June and July.

And boy, did he increase his Patreon rates in anticipation of that. He gets ca. 5 months funding from his most avid supporters and it goes up to almost four times his previous rates. So if his patron count jumps up to, say, 1000 and his average jumps 2x (from $10 to $20), he gets $20,000 a month, adding up to some $100,000 over those five months.

And I'll bet he'll have "extra content" for those who stay after July and will tease his next game (that will take another five years to develop).

• Haha
Reactions: Dependable_223

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
I still think it'll be "dutch angles" with massive "bloom" and "focused blur" of half his old renders done in photoshop in 2 minutes per image and viola! It's "remastered". Also, just going into his own code and rewriting it isn't hard to do. I have a hunch he'll just do a bunch of "revisions" and that his "code" will be at least 75% untouched if you run a diff. All in a day's work while fapping to the sound of money being counted.
If you're his patreon and you're reading this, you already know by now he hates F95Zone with a passion. All because the perverts here are rightly calling his bluff and my point is that I honestly think my call is very close to reality. Now, if he does release a bug free build and it's all new content that takes at least 15 minutes to play, keep in mind that this has been close to 4 years and several developers making less than a tenth of what gumdrop does have released 2 completed games that take an hour to play each. He could do one render per month and an hour of coding per month and still release a monster game. Just think about that.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes