VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
look at 7AM.. guy had 667 patrons.

it's 2PM, guy get 607 patrons.

that 60 patron in 7 hours... must hurt painfully imho... (i mean, i barely got 6, i can't even imagine losing like 10 time my total patron in 7 hours LOL)

no idea how much he had before this... sad thing.. happening.
I think more people will cancel their pledge after this fiasco. And lets not forget about "remake". In all honesty no body asked for this. His supporters were quite hyped about part X. If he fails to deliver on Feb 26 any content at all in that remake part I i think that more people will cancel their support. Right now i belive that he'll risk alot if he doesn't release anything. There's a chance that his supporters will have enough. Also if his remake update comes it better be good cause either way he's risking alot. Release nothing might lead to rant and angry mob, release something and it isn't good can lead to same result. He created this environment for himself.

As for a part about his patreons and other supporters, i think he didn't feel any major blow. like you said he had like 667 pledgers and after a while that pledge dropped to 607. 60 to him doesn't mean lot.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Imagine nothing comes out on the 26th and he delays it for X months. hahahaha. How will his sheeps react? LOL

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Imagine nothing comes out on the 26th and he delays it for X months. hahahaha. How will his sheeps react? LOL
Well i think that's no longer an option. You see ever sinse he released this crap people were quite negative about it. Just go to his OP, there's a public post regarding recent release where people are quite angry if not disapointed as well. Some of them all ready canceled their pledge, others will wait Feb 26. I don't think there is anyone who likes this crap at all. If he didn't release this shit he might get away with it. But now his supporters are actually pissed. Release nothing on Feb 26 will surely make people to cancel their support, not all but lets say 30-40% and right now he have around 600 supporters. Release something on Feb 26 and it's bad will lead to same result. In a strange way i would like to thank him for this release crap so ohers and his supporters can see what kinda fraud this dev is.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
By Wodan´s hat, I am having oxygen issues from continuing laughter! I downloaded this "update" fully knowing that it is a superscam, but I had to see it with my own eyes. What a pile of crap, au, can´t stop laughing, it is so hillarious! Whoever made this, he/she has serious problems and it is not the patrons. Gumdrop is either hooked on some serious sh.. drug or has mental issues of the highest order, because I doubt a scammer halfway sane would post such an "update", his intention would be keeping the lambs, eh, patrons sticking to the honeytrap.
I estimate that there is a truckload of him in the personality of the son, who in DF is a ticking timebomb.

• Haha
Reactions: sob and Gr8Dumper

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Gumdrop is either hooked on some serious sh.. drug or has mental issues of the highest order, because I doubt a scammer halfway sane would post such an "update", his intention would be keeping the lambs, eh, patrons sticking to the honeytrap.
This. He didn't have to do anything to keep the money pouring in. There are two possibilities: 1) he went batshit insane; 2) he wanted to end this scam and did this to say a final fuck you to his patrons.
If he didn't want to keep going, he could have just switched his Patreon account off. Now, a year ago, two or three years ago, doesn't matter. Just switch it off.
One thing is for certain. Anyone who wants to support him now is even crazier than gumdrop is. But handing out "lifetime" or "year long" subscriptions to high paying patrons is simply rude.

• Haha
Reactions: Gr8Dumper

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
This. He didn't have to do anything to keep the money pouring in. There are two possibilities: 1) he went batshit insane; 2) he wanted to end this scam and did this to say a final fuck you to his patrons.
If he didn't want to keep going, he could have just switched his Patreon account off. Now, a year ago, two or three years ago, doesn't matter. Just switch it off.
One thing is for certain. Anyone who wants to support him now is even crazier than gumdrop is. But handing out "lifetime" or "year long" subscriptions to high paying patrons is simply rude.
3rd option is drugs - bad acid trip or crack cocaine.

I bet it's 3 maybe combined with 1 (batshit insane). :ROFLMAO:

let this be a lesson to all to stay off drugs :ROFLMAO:

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
He's way too coherent for drugs. Read his posts, his homepage and so on. He wouldn't do all of that meticulous work on drugs.
true. I'm think he use drugs to induce hallucinations and get batshit ideas, and when he comes down he can then turns this crazy stuff into a coherently written story - batshit crazy drug induced story but written down when clear.

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
By Wodan´s hat, I am having oxygen issues from continuing laughter! I downloaded this "update" fully knowing that it is a superscam, but I had to see it with my own eyes. What a pile of crap, au, can´t stop laughing, it is so hillarious! Whoever made this, he/she has serious problems and it is not the patrons. Gumdrop is either hooked on some serious sh.. drug or has mental issues of the highest order, because I doubt a scammer halfway sane would post such an "update", his intention would be keeping the lambs, eh, patrons sticking to the honeytrap.
I estimate that there is a truckload of him in the personality of the son, who in DF is a ticking timebomb.
I've been "analyzing" this release and the more I go over it, the less I think that gumdrop is insane. In the immortal words of Hamlet, there is too much method to his madness. Since I had nothing better to do today, I went over the game more and wrote up what I found. If you don't really care about the specifics I put a tl;dr at the end

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr: This is not only a troll, but it's a very elaborate troll. DFX doesn't seem to be something haphazardly thrown together, it appears to have been made pretty intentionally and methodically. My guess as to why Gumdrop did this is not only for his own kicks but probably because he wants to test if the idiots giving him money will continue to do so after this absolutely ridiculous release. Scamming people is a shitty thing to do, but you can't help but admire him in a sense for going this far for a meme. I encourage you to use an RPA unpacker and actually go through the game a few times if you want to get a good look yourself. Also, he's evidently a pretty big kirby fan. This guy is an absolute legend haha

Carla_BrownBB

Sep 22, 2018
I hope no one actually posts the remake on this site. Otherwise the game will no longer tagged as abandoned, wi shot up on latest updates and give more money to this scam.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
I've been "analyzing" this release and the more I go over it, the less I think that gumdrop is insane. In the immortal words of Hamlet, there is too much method to his madness. Since I had nothing better to do today, I went over the game more and wrote up what I found. If you don't really care about the specifics I put a tl;dr at the end

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr: This is not only a troll, but it's a very elaborate troll. DFX doesn't seem to be something haphazardly thrown together, it appears to have been made pretty intentionally and methodically. My guess as to why Gumdrop did this is not only for his own kicks but probably because he wants to test if the idiots giving him money will continue to do so after this absolutely ridiculous release. Scamming people is a shitty thing to do, but you can't help but admire him in a sense for going this far for a meme. I encourage you to use an RPA unpacker and actually go through the game a few times if you want to get a good look yourself. Also, he's evidently a pretty big kirby fan. This guy is an absolute legend haha
Great analysis - supports the theory it's a multi leveled psychology experiment.

One of the weirdest thing is that he/fatcat17 has created this 11 minute long animation video (MM.webm if you extract all using unren.bat) of the that neon lit skeleton skull jumping around. All the other animations are 5-16 seconds long but his stupid skeleton skull is jumping around in all wacko colors for 11 fucking minutes! - only a seriously insane person would spend time creating 11 minutes of that shit - nutty drug induced fever dream. :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: MobPsycho69

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I've been "analyzing" this release and the more I go over it, the less I think that gumdrop is insane. In the immortal words of Hamlet, there is too much method to his madness.(...)
Hi!
While I agree with your analysis in so far that the update is a delberate trolling by gumdrop, I stick to my estimation that gumdrop is an addled individuum. I am a bit of an eccentric myself, but would never spend that much money (good VAs can become expensive really quick) on making such a trolling. He could have made/ordered a terrific "Fuck you all" Part X for a tenth of the costs this crap pile had.
That gumdrop is full of himself and has an inflated ego was clear from early on by just looking at his posts. He is definitely the guy who goes " I've never kissed a bear, I've never kissed a goon, but I can choke a chicken in the middle of the room, looking in a mirror all along".

Reactions: sob

Isopod666

Aug 14, 2017
Laughing.... just laughing my ass off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that dev isgold and the patreons are that stupid. Unbelievable, but true. Update in three years is a f#cking piano game.... what was and is that guy using? And people are still paying for it and are ignoring the red flags?! This is f#cking hilarious!!! :cool:

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes