VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Tenlogos and Abby are not dumb at all, they are in on it and get a 5% monthly cut of Scamdrops (Patreon) revenue to be so call "moderators" on discord. they play an important role to Scamdrop to keep people in check so they get explained how to think about what they read and see. like a thought police.
I doubt it. Paid people can become whistleblowers. Fanatics will defend you and your work even if you flat out state you're a scam and have no intention of continuing.

--

What I don't get is why.
Why didn't he just keep the scam going? He was perfectly okay getting his patrons money before, it's not like it suddenly becomes ethical that he stopped it now and sure as fuck I don't see him refunding the money spent in the last three years to anyone.
I don't see anybody coming forward and actually confirm that gumdrop reached out to them and offered them an annual/lifetime membership (however worthless it would be).

--

I get that he wasn't happy with his game, but it's his and he could have just said he quits, no longer has the will to go on and is discontinuing the game. But doing this is simply incomprehensible.
I feel sorry for the people who latch on to hope and expect something in a week. Showing this level of disrespect towards his patrons is inexcusable. Even if he actually were to release something next week (he's not), he's still a dick that lost any and all goodwill he may have still had.

dozermant

May 28, 2019
That update was hilarious and I couldn't believe what I was playing until I read the drug theory. Has to be what's going on. What wasted potential here, kind of sad.

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
I think the header on the patreon page changed from a guy with headphones looking at an orange screen to a guy looking at a blue one. May indicate that something might actually come out on Feb 26. If I had to guess, it won't be dual family but something similar to DFX.

First header (from DFX)
2.png

Second header (new)
1.png

Jan 9, 2019
For those new around here: the evidence was always clear and I was among the few ones who called this out as a total scam almost 1.5 years ago before the "Abandoned" tag, when even "skeptics" were saying that he was just "milking", just withholding work done. I checked his "evidence" of work and found he had nothing done at all. A total scam, no work had been done or was being done:

https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

Only people who don't respond to reason continued, for some bizarre reason, to simply take the words of a scammer as evidence of anything. You could see this cycle repeat in this very same thread, with many "skeptics" saying stuff like "let's see if he is lying still" as if the whole thing wasn't already a confirmed complete scam from any rational standpoint.

Even some accounts in this very same thread kept insisting and randomly believing that "he will release something when his patron count drops guys". The irrational attachment to this scam is so creepy. There was an incredible amount of denial even here. Just go back some pages and see how people were saying that "we will wait and see" every single time the scammer came up with new bullshit, after receiving NO EVIDENCE but more words by a scammer.

I can't comprehend why some people behave like this and refuse to see reality. It can't possibly be healthy, and it makes me understand why intense propaganda and pseudo-cults based on believing a certain piece of propaganda intensely have ruined several societies in recent times. Many people are simply not rational, but highly emotional, living their lives perpetually seeking validation for their emotions and preconceptions instead of expanding their understanding of reality, so they become easy preys for manipulative people.

Last edited:

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
one of his apostles could only come up with this reason now, the cult might be going down soon plus he removed every content from his patreon giving more hint that this is 100% scam (for people who still believe with Kyle)

1613788420992.png

Reactions: sob

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
I doubt it. Paid people can become whistleblowers. Fanatics will defend you and your work even if you flat out state you're a scam and have no intention of continuing.
don't underestimate how addictive and satisficing "power over people" is to some people (Tenlogos and Abby) and with a nice $ kick back it is simply too sweet a deal to say no to so they just keep it going. Giving someone the power to moderate = kick people off GB discord, tell people how to think, telliong them they are wrong all under the treat to be able to band them if they do not comply etc., probably give these sad people meaning and a purpose even if is it only on GD's discord. Nah I think they are in on it.
besides there is no upside for them to be whistleblower, none what so ever. Fanatics, maybe, but more likely just in it for satisfying power, purpose and some extra cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiya02

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
don't underestimate how addictive and satisficing "power over people" is to some people (Tenlogos and Abby) and with a nice $ kick back it is simply too sweet a deal to say no to so they just keep it going. Giving someone the power to moderate = kick people off GB discord, tell people how to think, telliong them they are wrong all under the treat to be able to band them if they do not comply etc., probably give these sad people meaning and a purpose even if is it only on GD's discord. Nah I think they are in on it.
besides there is no upside for them to be whistleblower, none what so ever. Fanatics, maybe, but more likely just in it for satisfying power, purpose and some extra cash.
Abby and TenLogos are gumdrop himself he's just doing this scam by himself for years, fatcat was paid for animations that weren't used yet.

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
Watching this shitshow the last year and a half was entertaining and extremely sad at the same time. He still has 615 patreons left, those are desperate people.
He took the habit of not having to work a real job, he's not letting that go anytime soon

Last edited:
Reactions: sob and xXwankerXx

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
Abby and TenLogos are gumdrop himself he's just doing this scam by himself for years, fatcat was paid for animations that weren't used yet.
also possible, a bit like a good cop/bad cop routine in one. Fatcat17 is clearly an outsider and legit animator that was unknowingly pulled into this scam - GD just commissioned animations from him - not his fatcat17's fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivyxxx and sob

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
Watching this shitshow the last year and a half was entertaining and extremely sad at the same time. He still has 615 patreons left, those are desperate people.
He took the habit of not having to work a real job, he's not letting that go anytime soon
He actually lost about ten patrons after it dropped yesterday, but seems to have gained back the amount he had before. Crazy world

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
For those new around here: the evidence was always clear and I was among the few ones who called this out as a total scam almost 1.5 years ago before the "Abandoned" tag, when even "skeptics" were saying that he was just "milking", just withholding work done. I checked his "evidence" of work and found he had nothing done at all. A total scam, no work had been done or was being done:

https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

Only people who don't respond to reason continued, for some bizarre reason, to simply take the words of a scammer as evidence of anything. You could see this cycle repeat in this very same thread, with many "skeptics" saying stuff like "let's see if he is lying still" as if the whole thing wasn't already a confirmed complete scam from any rational standpoint.

Even some accounts in this very same thread kept insisting and randomly believing that "he will release something when his patron count drops guys". The irrational attachment to this scam is so creepy. There was an incredible amount of denial even here. Just go back some pages and see how people were saying that "we will wait and see" every single time the scammer came up with new bullshit, after receiving NO EVIDENCE but more words by a scammer.

I can't comprehend why some people behave like this and refuse to see reality. It can't possibly be healthy, and it makes me understand why intense propaganda and pseudo-cults based on believing a certain piece of propaganda intensely have ruined several societies in recent times. Many people are simply not rational, but highly emotional, living their lives perpetually seeking validation for their emotions and preconceptions instead of expanding their understanding of reality, so they become easy preys for manipulative people.
I mean, he did just release something. Exactly what...THAT was still seems to be a matter of some debate, but it was a release of something new. Whether or not his announced release schedule is a continuation of the shell game he's been playing the last three years remains to be seen, but you have to admit that it's a very avant-garde take on a scam.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Gumdrop is a national treasure.

Noone else has delivered so many lols for so long.

Legit hope he drops something on the 26th. So the lols continue.

Reactions: vehemental

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
600 people visualized:
DYR2oJeU0AEDC1N.jpg

Poor things.

This is one of the first adult VNs I ever played and actually saw it update back when I think Bush was president. I thought it was fucking weird but might have some potential. Then I was around when showed up on the Latest Updates page. I think that was in Obama's first term.

All I really want to say with this post is to mark that I was here, to witness this revelation. That I watched Gumdrop unveil his magnum opus of Patreon Milking: the moment it transcended the mere meta of being a game-concerning-a-game, the moment Gumdrop broke free of his shackles to become the Leonardo Da Vinci of a heretofore unknown art form, both blazing the path and pushing the boundaries far past what any of us suspected attainable.

It's a small moment in history, but it is one. He is the first of the milkers, but I believe his name will last until he is the last, none other could hope to achieve such heights. He is the Michael Phelps of milk.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes