VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
(Note: all italian audio files appear to have been generated via some good voice generator software, most likely using machine-learning neural-networks, so basically at zero cost for the developers).
Is this true? There's a link to a voice actress at the end of DFX that sounds just like the voice in the game.

qsad

Jan 5, 2018
Hey! I can see my self there! Thank you!
And that psycho-face beneath the big smiling-face.....(also the psycho-side is looking at greedy Bernie Sanders with admiration......)
But....strange....I can't find you there though....

(By the way, apart from those basic hidden messages, "BMX" and "CGI", why don't you put in some nice subliminal message addressed to our beloved GummyDroppy, it would be a real touch of class....)
But I'm right there!
Right under Queen Elizabeth:

Q.png
lol
Actually I'm working on something right now, something especial for our beloved ScumDrop!
Might contain some hidden messages of some kind too...Who knows!

• Haha
Reactions: Gr8Dumper

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
Some other real pearl of wisdom from our beloved "Gumdrop-Entity" (extracted from other audio files in DFX, its last masterpiece):

- Lies are a way of controlling information and their spreading; [Translated from: "./DFX/game/audio/BemolleOGG/137Bemolle.ogg" and similar to line 1059 in "./DFX/game/script.rpy"]

- If (real) information would happen to be listened, seen, [...] it would mean to grant that (information) control and to give to others the ability to choose freely on their own; [Translated from: "./DFX/game/audio/BemolleOGG/138Bemolle.ogg" + "./DFX/game/audio/BemolleOGG/139Bemolle.ogg", similar to "./DFX/game/script.rpy" at line 1061 and 1063]

- Something is what you need to become a better version of yourself; (??!!) [Translated from: "./DFX/game/audio/BemolleOGG/84Bemolle.ogg" and similar to line 873 in "./DFX/game/script.rpy"]

Take notes you, young aspiring entrepreneurs ..... take notes ....
ma boy Kyle doing some subliminal message there, looks like he's taking his mind controlling to the next level

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I recall playing this version of the game almost 2 years ago but never thought to ever look at it again. I'm a little out of the loop but have gathered that my dude has just been scamming dollars from supporters on Patreon for a long time. But I'm curious, do we know if he's officially dropping a continuation/the next part on this supposed release tomorrow? Or is the dev just dropping a V0.1 remake with 30 minutes of content LOL?
Don't expect anything even remotely related to Dual Family or you'll be disappointed.

Come to think of it, everyone would be disappointed even if it actually was Dual Family, because there's no chance it would live up to the expectations. No game would after three years and probably quarter of a million dollars down the drain wasted on the game.

As for the exact transcript, without having to translate from Italian, you can extract the archive.rpa file using unrpa and look at the script. No reverse engineering needed, gumdrop put the source rpy files only. So for example, here are two lines in the script.rpy file:
play sound "audio/Amore0.wav" volume 0.50
"Have you ever spent an evening with a woman who doesn't speak the same language as you?"

The first line defines which sound file is played and the second is the caption that appears. Coincidentally, what's being said is the same thing being written, she's reading the translated English text.

It's obvious a lot of thought went into making this game and I have to admit that if it wasn't part of Gumdrop's scam, it would have been interesting if it was released as a conceptual game.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017

There's actually a game here. It's high school fanfic level VN writing, the graphics are shit, and it has Boomer-tier text scrolling but there's actually a game, unlike whatever the hell DFX Pt1 was supposed to be. LOL

Was this from the original DF that I've completely forgotten about?

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018

There's actually a game here. It's high school fanfic level VN writing, the graphics are shit, and it has Boomer-tier text scrolling but there's actually a game, unlike whatever the hell DFX Pt1 was supposed to be. LOL

yes it is an online demo of the original game (not complete) now approx. 3 years old without updates

Reactions: vehemental

fotogaik

May 13, 2017

To be honest, the writing is much better than 99% of popular VNs out there. If you're not expecting Kafka, Hemingway or Steinbeck, it's really good.

yes it is an online demo of the original game (not complete) now approx. 3 years old without updates
Yeah, but it also has added animations by fatcat17 that aren't present in any previous release. I gotta admit his animations look really smooth. Nice.

cariadult

Jun 4, 2018
So? format like violin lesson?

• The format is quite a bit different, but if you give ‘er a full playthrough you’ll understand where things are going. Saving/Loading will accessible in PART II with proportionally Visual Novel format.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
View attachment 1054226

Alright...Phew!

Are you guys ready!?

If you can't find yourself and would like to be added quote this post.

P.S. Use actual images for your avatars people!(says the guy with a big Q as his avatar!)
Just to know... Is the yellow F icon at the lower-right my avatar? If that's the case, thank you so much.

Edit: I can change my avatar if that improves your work. I want to be part of this :D

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I imagine he would have lost tons of patrons last week, but you only see patron count increasing or staying the same, but never decreasing.
You may not have seen it drop for Gumdrop this month, but I can now verify that I have seen other devs drop patrons this month.

The dip at the beginning of every month is actually the number of patrons with active accounts that have funds for their pledge and whose banks have not withheld payment.
That's what I said. Active patrons.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
You may not have seen it drop for Gumdrop this month, but I can now verify that I have seen other devs drop patrons this month.
I went down the top 10 list on graphtreon and saw this:

Both had a drop in January.

These had a drop in February (so MeshedVR had a drop in Jan and Feb).

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is the result of Patreon turning that feature on or off. It seems like those counters were simply corrected to what they should be rather than being actual gains and drops. But obviously, without creating an account and spending actual money as fake patrons to test this theory, I wouldn't be sure.

That's what I said. Active patrons.
Po-tay-toe Po-tah-toe. I'm an active patron of some creators and I had a couple of denied payments in the past that I renewed a couple of days later. It happens. What happens after the dip shows how many of those denied payments are retried.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I went down the top 10 list on graphtreon and saw this:

Both had a drop in January.

These had a drop in February (so MeshedVR had a drop in Jan and Feb).

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this is the result of Patreon turning that feature on or off. It seems like those counters were simply corrected to what they should be rather than being actual gains and drops. But obviously, without creating an account and spending actual money as fake patrons to test this theory, I wouldn't be sure.
ICSTOR didn't drop in January after the change in patron count was made (Jan 13) but looking at Feb for him and comparing to his earlier months, the graph does indicate that this change remained in Feb as well.

We see another indicator that something is different now compared to pre-January when looking at meshedvr's graph. Previous months look pretty much the same, but now in Feb there is suddenly "small" drops (60 patrons though for them cause they are so big) on the graph in early and late Feb. The early drop could be related to payments not going through for the new month, still it's different from earlier months.

monstergirlisland's graph also points to some sort of event that causes a patron drop. Suddenly after contantly rising, there is a significant drop of many patrons on Feb 23. Note that this is the same day of meshedvr's second drop. So something happened on that date. Since to my knowledge Patreon hasn't said anything about this change in January or anything else related to this, we can only speculate how they count patrons now or how to interpret the graphs.

In conclusion, Gumdrop's graph and him not dropping a single day, which does seem a little odd, also seem to indicate that the change from Jan is still in effect.
Po-tay-toe Po-tah-toe. I'm an active patron of some creators and I had a couple of denied payments in the past that I renewed a couple of days later. It happens. What happens after the dip shows how many of those denied payments are retried.
If you haven't paid, you are not an active patron no matter what your intentions are. The graph shows patrons, not thoughts.

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
In conclusion, Gumdrop's graph and him not dropping a single day, which does seem a little odd, also seem to indicate that the change from Jan is still in effect.
Yeah, I've no idea what's going on especially since, as you say, the new system was withdrawn.

I'd rather Patreon uses their new system as it's way more consistent and provides much more insight. But only if they apply it to all creators.

I do see merits of a current patron count which would indicate that some patrons decided to quit after some action by a creator, but it still makes less sense because Patreon is a monthly (or annually) billed service, and switching to daily billing would kill a lot of creators (sign up for a day, quit as soon as you download what you wanted, repeat monthly or whenever dev releases something), even if it was first month full, next month daily (sign up one month, get that month's download, then get the next month's download and quit afterwards: two perks for the price of one month+a few days).

If you haven't paid, you are not an active patron no matter what your intentions are. The graph shows patrons, not thoughts.
Fair enough. My intention was to point out that the number of patrons on the 1st is not necessarily indicative of active patron count. I suggest that the active patron count is reached on the second business day after 3rd of a month.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
So, did anyone attend the new piano lesson ? Mind lending me your music sheet ? Just for culture :)

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes