VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Looks like 612 is gonna be the max number of patreons supports for our scammer. That's not current subs, it's the full list of who joined this month.

Problem is he started at 444.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Looks like 612 is gonna be the max number of patreons supports for our scammer. That's not current subs, it's the full list of who joined this month.

Problem is he started at 444.
and what he has on his own site.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so at least 2 kind of scammers.

1st group: start game and then stop working on it and keep collecting patrons monies aka scamdrop and icstor

2nd group: make many games (sequels so no need to think plots etc that hard) and don't fix bugs and don't necessarily end prev. game when starting it's sequel so just keep collecting patrons monies aka dirty secret studio

Last edited:

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
Why did the game get abandoned?
Some say: developer had change of vision
Others say: developer is a scam artist

There are 704 pages of discussion here which includes about 600 debating the two.

Developer's restart of this game is here: Dual Family X (removed link edit: 2021-04-11)

EDIT 2021-04-11: It appears the powers-that-be here at F95 have decided in their wisdom that whatever the reboot is - it's "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" kind of situation and F95 has updated the thread we are in to be the thread for the reboot as well. What you see for links to download at OP is the reboot, not the old boot, unless otherwise stated. This may change after I post this edit. Your Mileage May Vary,.

Last edited:

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Some say: developer had change of vision
Others say: developer is a scam artist

There are 704 pages of discussion here which includes about 600 debating the two.

Developer's restart of this game is here: Dual Family X
Oh... I see. So he restarted it, i imagine that you don't know why

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
to get more money by making new shit (that's what dfx is).
Oh, i see... Such a disappointment, but... At the end of the day, it's a bussiness. I mean, i download the games for free sooooo i don't have much to say

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Oh, i see... Such a disappointment, but... At the end of the day, it's a bussiness. I mean, i download the games for free sooooo i don't have much to say
A (legit) business is one that makes goods that you can buy. A scam or a fraud is more accurate here

Tiger electronics, ea, tiger telematics, even those fucking zelda cdi games are more legit then this guy

And before you say, 'oh he's giving you something', so are fly by night shops which are also classified as frauds

May 7, 2017
Oh, I see... Such a disappointment, but... At the end of the day, it's a business. I mean, I download the games for free sooooo I don't have much to say
Just a quick summary for you, GD (Dev of the game) promised an update 2 years ago, said update had multiple deadlines set by the Dev itself, but what occurred for two years was that the Dev upon reaching those deadlines would make a post saying that the update would be postponed and that "for sure" the update will come next time (it happened 7 times). He did that for 2 years+, and what's worse is that for the last promised deadline -same update people have been waiting for 2 years+-, he made a promotional campaign saying that the game/update would come out, but behind the scenes and 2 months prior to the deadline of the update, he already had decided -without consulting his Patreons-, that he would reboot the game. So imagine, that upon reaching the 7th deadline, he comes out and tells you, 'sorry, I don't feel the game is up to my standards so I will reboot the game and don't mind that I promoted the release of the update for 2 months (same update everyone's been waiting for 2 years+), knowing that I wouldn't deliver the update and that I would reboot the series'. Those are the main reasons why people don't trust and have a dislike of GD.

KALXXX

Jun 22, 2020
[QUOTE = "cxx, post: 5493233, membro: 291784"]
cosa ne pensi? il gioco è stato abbandonato da 3 anni.
[/CITAZIONE]me or simply asked a question a yes a no was enough

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Just a quick summary for you, GD (Dev of the game) promised an update 2 years ago, said update had multiple deadlines set by the Dev itself, but what occurred for two years was that the Dev upon reaching those deadlines would make a post saying that the update would be postponed and that "for sure" the update will come next time (it happened 7 times). He did that for 2 years+, and what's worse is that for the last promised deadline -same update people have been waiting for 2 years+-, he made a promotional campaign saying that the game/update would come out, but behind the scenes and 2 months prior to the deadline of the update, he already had decided -without consulting his Patreons-, that he would reboot the game. So imagine, that upon reaching the 7th deadline, he comes out and tells you, 'sorry, I don't feel the game is up to my standards so I will reboot the game and don't mind that I promoted the release of the update for 2 months (same update everyone's been waiting for 2 years+), knowing that I wouldn't deliver the update and that I would reboot the series'. Those are the main reasons why people don't trust and have a dislike of GD.
God damn... I mean, i was a great fan of the DF story, but seeing this... I just can feel sorry for the people who pay for a incomplete game for such a long time, i would not trust someone like him either

Sieglinnde

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
A (legit) business is one that makes goods that you can buy. A scam or a fraud is more accurate here

Tiger electronics, ea, tiger telematics, even those fucking zelda cdi games are more legit then this guy

And before you say, 'oh he's giving you something', so are fly by night shops which are also classified as frauds
I would not say something like "oh he's giving you something" because... At first he is already giving an incomplete product, an unfinished work, it makes me sad because I really liked the story, but I say that i can't complain because I download the games for free. But what I can say is that I feel bad for the people who paid for this and didn't give them a proper ending to the work

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I've never been a supporter of his, I simply don't like him and scammers like him because they make us developers look bad and make people stop supporting legit devs

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes