VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
How does that even make sense? You can't put in your new gpu or cpu in 30 minutes or less? Then you are incompetant.

Even if it's a motherboard change, it can take maybe a few hours

His followers are sad, sad fools
He bought motion capture stuff and some PC parts to "make the game even better!", the parts he ordered haven't arrived yet and are stuck in Europe.

So the update is delayed because he decided to upgrade his rig AGAIN wich literally nobody asked for. That's assuming what he says is true, he probably didn't order anything.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
He bought motion capture stuff and some PC parts to "make the game even better!", the parts he ordered haven't arrived yet and are stuck in Europe.

So the update is delayed because he decided to upgrade his rig AGAIN wich literally nobody asked for. That's assuming what he says is true, he probably didn't order anything.
well he didn't ask express delivery so his order didn't come via panama's channel.

he did order something but it has nothing to do with df.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
well he didn't ask express delivery so his order didn't come via panama's channel.

he did order something but it has nothing to do with df.
Who is panama and why can't he get parts in America?

Jan 9, 2019
I like how there are people here still saying stuff like "he is doing X (allegedly)", "he will do X, we will wait", "assuming what he say is true, ...." :ROFLMAO:

At what point do you realize what is happening? it has been literally 3 years. Time to let it go and accept the facts.

Do you know you can do a fairly decent job at mocap with a phone nowadays (especially since this dude can't animate for shit so he would get zero benefits from actual pro mocap, which is more time consuming and requires more people too)?

A single Chinese dude made a full game by himself by doing mocap with his phone: . An actual real time game. This scam artist doesn't even keep up with tech and is lying his ass off to prey on ignorant people. Learn to accept the reality and let it go.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
many/some support many games on patreon so don't pay that much attention on what's withdrawn on cc monthly.

then there are true believers that believe any shit scamdrop shoves down on their throats.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I like how there are people here still saying stuff like "he is doing X (allegedly)", "he will do X, we will wait", "assuming what he say is true, ...." :ROFLMAO:

At what point do you realize what is happening? it has been literally 3 years. Time to let it go and accept the facts.

Do you know you can do a fairly decent job at mocap with a phone nowadays (especially since this dude can't animate for shit so he would get zero benefits from actual pro mocap, which is more time consuming and requires more people too)?

A single Chinese dude made a full game by himself by doing mocap with his phone: . An actual real time game. This scam artist doesn't even keep up with tech and is lying his ass off to prey on ignorant people. Learn to accept the reality and let it go.
"Look at me I'm so smart, I completely look through Gumdrop's scam! Learn to accept the reality bro".

Just because I use "assuming what he says is true" in an argument I'm making doesn't mean I myself assume it's true. I remember you being in this thread 7/7, linking your compiled evidence in every comment.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I honestly never saw anyone here advising anyone to pledge even a broken penny to gumdrop.

We can safely assume that gumdrop is going to milk DF for all its worth. That's a given.

We can safely assume he has no intention of finishing his game. He admitted as much by stating outright that it's not a game that he wants to finish.

But he did drop something in his last two deadlines. Sure, he did that to stop the bleeding, and neither of the two "games" are in continuity of "legacy" DF, but he's doing something. So it's safe to assume he's going to do something on the 30th of April. It's probably going to be yet another reminder that he's an arsehole and that any and all patrons should cease support immediately, but it's going to be there and I'm morbidly curious how it's going to play out.

And honestly, what else do you have if you were a fan of the old DF? If you come to this thread, you'll see the occasional quote from his Patreon campaign, a couple of hopefuls that pick apart gumdrop's posts, three times as many people that drop shit on those hopefuls and accuse them of being shills and several hundred pages of almost identical comments that remind you it's a scam.

Sure guys, it's a great strategy to just drop shit on anyone who's a genuine fan of DF and who earnestly wants the development to continue. I'm sure he's going to immediately withdraw all pledges when you call him a brainwashed idiot for not seeing the obvious scam or accuse him of being a criminal complicit in the scam and asking how much he's earning.

At best, people will just think this forum is toxic and leave.

At worst, people will think you've been personally wronged by gumdrop and you're out on a vendetta.

Meh, it costs us nothing. We can get whatever gumdrop spews out for free when he drops an update, so I'm free to follow this thread.

About motion capture, I've no idea why he pulled that out of his arse, it's not like it's in any way relevant to DF and I sincerely hope people will chew him out over that.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
About motion capture, I've no idea why he pulled that out of his arse, it's not like it's in any way relevant to DF and I sincerely hope people will chew him out over that.
1. to show his followers that he is doing something (making progress on update)
2. get new excuses why there's no update.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and TheonS

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well that was shit. Anyone else remember when they used to look forward to a DF update and now I stay because of morbid curiosity.
i don't remember since i stumbled on this just before got abandoned tag (same thing with 1 other game). now this thread mostly stays alive by those who keep revealing scamdrop's true color and partially cuz of new players stumbling on this.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
i don't remember since i stumbled on this just before got abandoned tag (same thing with 1 other game). now this thread mostly stays alive by those who keep revealing scamdrop's true color and partially cuz of new players stumbling on this.
Sounds like you and I stumbled into this game at about the same time.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I gotta say, despite what everyone is saying, i liked the reboot, the animations were amazing, too short but its okay, i aint got shit to say because i dont support him in patreon sooooooo...
That's your choice, not a smart one in the eyes of most people, but godspeed to you if you like the game. You have to keep in mind though that the reboot is pretty much the result of three and a half years of nothing, so that's why you probably won't find too many people with the same mindset.

Reactions: -Dreamer-
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes