VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Conrad-N7

May 8, 2020
Soooo i finished the old version ( i don't think i've played the legacy ver), and i'm pretty sad there is no explicit sex... Is it worth it to play the christmas special? I liked the story and i got attached to the characters, and even if the secrets where not that bad, i'm still playing this for a good nut y know
The only sex you get is if you rape your aunt pretty much...but its pretty minimal tbh...

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Too bad the dev screwed up with the game trying a remake, the story was being well written:cry:
No, he screwed up by not completing the old game when he got to part 9 of 10 in the first act. He had a proven track record of delivering updates roughly monthly and even if his schedule slipped, he still could have completed the game. Maybe slower, but at least complete.

He didn't even need to change the format or anything, it was enough to just keep working on the game as it was. No extra assets, no animations, just plain old visual novel format.

Given how many patrons he lost over the last three years and how many he could potentially gain if he kept working on the game, I'd say he lost at least 75% of the money he could have made over that time.

When he was still releasing, he got up to about top 50 among adult game developers with 1000 patrons and was making about $10k per month.
He quickly went down to $7-8k when he stopped delivering updates, so that's already 20-30% money lost.
50th spot now has 2200 patrons, so with average $10 per patron, he could have been making $22k per month. That's 63-68% money lost ($20k vs. $7-8k).
Were he to release actual r-rated content, he'd probably get many more patrons, and even a modest increase to 2500-3000 thousand patrons would make him $25k-30k (68-76% less money than he could have been making).

There are some developers who make obscene amounts without delivering any content and just living on past glory.

The thing is, he dropped the game before it was even close to completion. If he dropped it while deep in act 2 or in the middle of act 3, he could even be raking in around a hundred thousand bucks per month without doing anything. Just see Dark Cookie who got to 25% progress on a maintenance release (what he calls a tech update) in two months and lost hardly any support, making over $150k without doing much in that time.

RaidStud

May 17, 2021
Still has 469 patrons when the last update was on April 24. And that was just a preview. People on the comments are shitting on him too. Who is even subscribed to him??

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Still has 469 patrons when the last update was on April 24. And that was just a preview. People on the comments are shitting on him too. Who is even subscribed to him??
it's been said "only" few times, idiots, true believers, those who have forgot to cancel sub, etc.

kuroashi99

Oct 21, 2020
well thanks everyone who respondend to me.. guess i'll forget about this game. That's a shame, it could've been a good project overall.. Some char are really dumb, but daughter was something else.. Oh well, any suggestions on what should i play next? (i played/loved milfy city, FILF, Summertime Saga, and even DF wouldn't been half bad if i didn't have to jerk off over fucking puzzle games)

kuroashi99

Oct 21, 2020
well thanks everyone who respondend to me.. guess i'll forget about this game. That's a shame, it could've been a good project overall.. Some char are really dumb, but daughter was something else.. Oh well, any suggestions on what should i play next? (i played/loved milfy city, FILF, Summertime Saga, and even DF wouldn't been half bad if i didn't have to jerk off over fucking puzzle games)
to get some DF's Dad vibes i started playing Parental Love, but i hate the fact that there are very minimal animations (at least in the beginning)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
depends what you are after. checking latest updates or asking recommendations would be start.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
Patreon now counts the total subscribers for the month (If you cancel during the month it still counts you), there's a good chance that it'll drop to below 400 at the start of next month

• Thinking Face
Reactions: sob and Melkai

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Development is still ongoing?
that depends from who do you ask, if you ask from f95 users (those who follow this thread) then no but if asked from dev (scamdrop) then dfx will be greatest game ever (and f95 users say too bad that we will never see it). next "update" for dfx is out sometime at june but don't expect anything.

boraxkarloff

Jan 25, 2018
I was wondering this too, you can pay $40 or $75(!?!) a month for beta access to these...whatever they are, supposedly coming aug 2.

Wait...I thought it was supposed to be out in June (May originally). Now it's August? Here we go again!

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes