VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
How is this not abandoned? Lol.
cuz dev made "remake" and releases updates for that "remake" somewhat frequently.

Oh god there are still 300+ people who are paying for this scam‍♂
1 dev (waywardsgames) who is speculated to be dead gets over 80 bucks (86 currently, 88 before) per month from patreon (minus patreon fee) and nothing has been posted to his patreon page since long time ago.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You wanna risk a copyright lawsuit?
what copyright? if buys daz assets then can freely use those (that's why it's quite common to see popular assets on many games). only copyright this scammer has is story but that same story is used on many games so no copyright even on that.

also don't think daz checks if assets are bought or pirated.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
what copyright? if buys daz assets then can freely use those (that's why it's quite common to see popular assets on many games). only copyright this scammer has is story but that same story is used on many games so no copyright even on that.

also don't think daz checks if assets are bought or pirated.
So what makes this game unique and why do people want it to continue?

Your argument is the same as saying "[Insert popular author's name here] is using letters of the alphabet and everybody can freely use those, so he has no copyright on that."

Somebody once said that every story that can be told has been told. Story tropes used today are as old as literature, not a single story is fully original, every book retells a story that has already been told.

No copyright even on that?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Gumdrop's story has been sufficiently original that people bought into it and paid money to see, read and play through. That thing alone counts as proof that the story has copyright that Gumdrop has granted and infringing on that is risky.

You could claim fair use, but you're not paraphrasing the story for other purposes, you would be rewriting it for the express purpose of selling it as your own.

As much as I'd love to see this game completed as it was meant to be and as much as I want to see people stick it to Gumdrop, it just can't happen this way.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So what makes this game unique and why do people want it to continue?

As much as I'd love to see this game completed as it was meant to be and as much as I want to see people stick it to Gumdrop, it just can't happen this way.
okay he can copyright story so just make changes on it and it's new story.

game started somewhat nicely and they want to see how story develops but we won't see that to happen by scamdrop.

Apr 5, 2018
Get me the DAZ assets to recreate the mom, and sister, and I'll fucking do it. It's time we took matters into our own hands. I got a 2080 graphics card, DAZ studio, RenPy, and Atom. I ain't joking.
For reference...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: danissj

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
Seriously, making a fan continuation of this game would be the most stupid decision ever, knowing how much the dev loves money without working, it's pretty clear you'll get a lawsuit pretty fast and to be honest at this point, the models and the story are totally outdated, I remember I went crazy when first saw that MILF model, now she looks like ms. pacman

Reactions: fz

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Seriously, making a fan continuation of this game would be the most stupid decision ever, knowing how much the dev loves money without working, it's pretty clear you'll get a lawsuit pretty fast and to be honest at this point, the models and the story are totally outdated, I remember I went crazy when first saw that MILF model, now she looks like ms. pacman
While Gumdrop is an allaround self-censored and would likely go to court, as far as the models are concerned, they might be older DAZ stuff, but most of the assets are still compatible in both directions. No one can stop you from e.g. upgrading the textures and shaders with more modern things.

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
Just wait for 2 or 3 years later. And tadaaaaaaa we can play v 0.2 (considered from famous game, and ofc ITS not Milfy city)

Reactions: Hadgar

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Just wait for 2 or 3 years later. And tadaaaaaaa we can play v 0.2 (considered from famous game, and ofc ITS not Milfy city)
well both scamdrop and icstor have released update to their games past month but no idea what those updates contain.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes