VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

dajunk12

Mar 2, 2018
Rant mode on.

Ok, my chief complaint with any of these style games is where you have to input your names and relationships when you don't know the intended connections or even relative ages. In this game you are presented with a screen with silhouettes before you even see any of the characters. I don't know who the silhouettes belong to yet, so within the first few frames it's pretty evident I've messed up--and the only way to fix it is to restart.
  • If there is only one text box, don't make me hover my cursor before accepting text. That's not how things normally work. The control with the focus gets the keys. It's super annoying, and if I bump my mouse--or worse my palm hits the track pad, I suddenly can't type.
  • Make it clearer which direction I'm putting in text for. I.e. if I click on a male silhouette, I'm thinking of what others are calling that person.
I mean, game play is fairly standard once I get going, but help make it clearer to understand what perspective I'm adding relationship information for. And, please at least give everyone a default name so if I want to say F* it let me just play I don't get "Hello , you are my so let's do something"

Rant mode off.

The best approach I've seen is to enter in that information as the characters are introduced. And any relationship text can be relative to the two characters on screen. It just takes a lot of guess work out of it and I can put in anything I want and it should make sense within the context of the story you've made.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

Smt66

Jan 23, 2019
You're like Bethesda, man. They've been releasing Skyrim for 10 years, and you've been releasing Dual Family...

tony2penny

Sep 1, 2021
I can't say for sure.... But I think the dev has been milking a 6 year old VN for cash while not actually doing any serious work. I actually paid for access to gumdrop games, only to find a confusing pile of crap that led me in circles. I hate to talk smack, but I got a strong impression that this dude is a con artist.

ct4me

Oct 3, 2019
what is this guy on??? don't waste your time! it's a big money grab!.... DOA! I attempted to watch VOW.... what a train wreck! .. how in the hell can you follow that mess... This needs to be taken off for good. unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

elle21

Jul 22, 2019
I don't understand what to play here, legacy or duel x, it's kinda confusing was not rebooted?

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Maybe it is just me. The first game of this was ok. I mean there were some pretty stupid parts, such as the cousin and then aunt. I just didn't get the whole reason for them in the game to be honest. The Mom and son didn't go far enough in the first one......

But this second game WTF!!!! I mean how do you even start the actual game??? What is up with the tree and all the canvases....I just don't get it!!! What am I missing here!!

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
What is the rape content here ?? Is it avoidable ?
Most of the rape is the father being raped by female family members while he is under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both. These assaults are unavoidable although they may differ in intensity. As the son, you can fuck your aunt with what can charitably be called dubious consent at best. This is avoidable. Both the mother and the son are sexually manipulated into a compromising position while unconscious, and this too is unavoidable. This game is not happy fun time.

Reactions: Allan Trumbull
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes