VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
So Part 2 is a reboot, with the same characters(?) but now he's chosen to continue updates in the Original/legacy as well? That makes no sense. :|

Ignoring the sarcasm, yes, that's how you reply, not like a rambling, incoherent, lunatic. ;)
Main thing I'm curious about original/legacy is just gonna finish of what was part one and then stop, or will it continue on for the rest of the story? Seems like he's adding only a little bit of story each update so that's perfect if he wants to seem like he's doing something yet still milking as much money as possible.

As for part 2 or the reboot or whatever it is part of me thinks Gumdrop has been following this thread the whole time and this is some weird trolling attempt. From what little I saw of it and what's been posted here about it it seems like he's tripled down on all the thing about the that people complained about. Weird artsy camera angle, goofy shit like talking skeleton dream sequences, meandering pseudo-philosophical bullshit, and the continual "incest is wrong mister" talk even though this is supposed to be an incest game. The again he really could this much of a pretentious bull shit artist so what the hell do I know anyways.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
So Part 2 is a reboot, with the same characters(?) but now he's chosen to continue updates in the Original/legacy as well? That makes no sense. :|

Ignoring the sarcasm, yes, that's how you reply, not like a rambling, incoherent, lunatic. ;)
Part II was supposed to be a reboot, some kind of "re-imagined" artistic direction for the developer. But there are two problems with that -

1) It doesn't start the story over, and it's very difficult to discern what (if any) story it tells at all;
2) There are updates to the legacy VN, albeit VERY tiny, which debunks the original claim the developer would no longer work on the project.

There are some in the thread (and I am one of them) who believe the original developer is no longer working on the project, and the 'new' stuff is done by someone else (which would explain why it's so entirely different and disparate from the original).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
To be fair, this game story telling is good, the development isn't. People love this game, but very hatred toward Gumdrop. It's the same situation with George R. R. Martin VS Game of Throne's fans.
scamdrop has earned it, version 0.98 was very much sexless and stupid dreams and then he stopped devving game for 3 years until made dfx which is shitshow.

Know a member on here that reported the game/developer to Patreon. They just got a update email today saying "Patreon takes these allegations very seriously. We are currently investigating this creator and all projects associated with the account." Original complaint was due to no real updates in 4 years and circumventing patreons guidelines.

I'm going to get my popcorn ready!
waste of good popcorn, he's been reported before but no avail.

Jun 29, 2017
There are some in the thread (and I am one of them) who believe the original developer is no longer working on the project, and the 'new' stuff is done by someone else (which would explain why it's so entirely different and disparate from the original).
Suppose it could be. I haven't really tried Part II because Legacy still got updates.
Played the latest update to Legacy, and that seemed on par with the previous writing, so currently that's what I'm just going to focus on. The updates are definitely small, if they keep getting pushed back, I get why people are get annoyed. That being said, I like the father-daughter story so far, so I'm not complaining, as long as they don't suddenly stop updating again.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Suppose it could be. I haven't really tried Part II because Legacy still got updates.
Played the latest update to Legacy, and that seemed on par with the previous writing, so currently that's what I'm just going to focus on. The updates are definitely small, if they keep getting pushed back, I get why people are get annoyed. That being said, I like the father-daughter story so far, so I'm not complaining, as long as they don't suddenly stop updating again.
Well, that's another reason many think it's a different person: The actual time elapsed between the updates prior to the recent ones was actually three (3) years (someone have the accurate length?).

superman5150

May 23, 2017
Honest question:

Can we, the viewers/visitors/users of this forum and web site, petition the admins to just delete or remove a game from here because of crap like this? Like if they did a poll and a large majority said "fuck this game and fuck this developer," would they remove it from the site?

They have locked threads before and refuse to open them back up, even when a update comes out, so why not lock down or kill this thread, too? Personally, I'd LOVE to see this game removed so it sends a message to the asshat developer to fuck off.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Honest question:

Can we, the viewers/visitors/users of this forum and web site, petition the admins to just delete or remove a game from here because of crap like this? Like if they did a poll and a large majority said "fuck this game and fuck this developer," would they remove it from the site?

They have locked threads before and refuse to open them back up, even when a update comes out, so why not lock down or kill this thread, too? Personally, I'd LOVE to see this game removed so it sends a message to the asshat developer to fuck off.
But then we would have to download the latest version from a shitty host. I vote for the game to stay.

superman5150

May 23, 2017
But then we would have to download the latest version from a shitty host. I vote for the game to stay.
But why download at all? The facts stand for themselves. YEARS have passed and there is no content to satisfy demand nor interest. And when he does do an update, he adds things like static images of A DIAL and A LID! He made 15 minutes of work creating 2 images and adding 2 lines of code and called it an update.

This thread originally started on March 6th, 2017. 9 months later, The Last Jedi would come out in theaters.

We have been severely deceived by both and wish neither existed.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
But why download at all? The facts stand for themselves. YEARS have passed and there is no content to satisfy demand nor interest. And when he does do an update, he adds things like static images of A DIAL and A LID! He made 15 minutes of work creating 2 images and adding 2 lines of code and called it an update.

This thread originally started on March 6th, 2017. 9 months later, The Last Jedi would come out in theaters.

We have been severely deceived by both and wish neither existed.
Because one day a decent update could come out and I would prefer to download it in 3 minutes instead of 5 hours.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
If this game was removed from this site then it runs the risk of people going to his website or his Patreon and giving him money for it. Yes I'm aware F95 is giving this a-hole free advertising, but on the other hand the posts in this thread are almost universally negative so would be more likely to stop people giving him money.

This thread informs newbies that Gumdrop is a scammer, therefore this thread does more good than harm.

Mar 7, 2021
Honest question:

That sounds a bit like censorship...once that ball starts rolling, there's no stopping it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Honest question:

not a chance, posters have asked that or simply deleting thread since scamdrop abandoned this and after he made fake accounts to boost ratings they left thread alone but banned him.

Because one day a decent update could come out and I would prefer to download it in 3 minutes instead of 5 hours.
do you believe santa claus and toothfairy too? there won't be decent update like ever.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes