VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

the_real_rs

May 7, 2019
Wow, I got flagged for a review. The moderators over stepped in this instance.

Hello the_real_rs,

Your review, of this thread (Dual Family [PART II AVES] [Gumdrop Games]) is not appropriate
Don't bother it is a waste of time. Nothing happens in part 1 and part 2 is and bad acid trip. 4 years and nothing. Rather waste my time on putting my money in the fire than supporting this dev on patrion.
Please understand that the usage of reviews is not just a means to rate a game, it is also, a way for users who have played the game to give an explanation as to why said game is good or bad. For that reason we'd advise you to read our Reviewing Rules.

Thanks.
Moderation Staff
I did give a reason why. Nothing happens. How can I explain more than that.?

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
Wow, I got flagged for a review. The moderators over stepped in this instance.
Well not really, they merely cited what the Reviews are for. There's a reason they have a character limit. People who read reviews don't want to see "This game is good." "This game is bad." they want to see detailed reasons as to why it's good or bad. Yours just shows what you'd rather do instead of playing, doesn't offer any insight as to why you'd rather do that. (Nothing happens in part 1 and part 2 isn't a reason not to play something)

Thamn

Aug 6, 2016
bruh no skip opioin and i have played this shit before anyone know if theres a way to enable skipping?
Pressing 'Ctrl' or 'TAB' should work to skip seen content, if it doesn't UnRen has an option to force enable skipping unseen content and my universal mod to toggle the quick menu allows to you enable a custom quick menu by pressing 'W' since this game doesn't have one programmed in, that way you can have the skip button available.

If you end up using my mod there's 2 1 weird behaviors in this game that I haven't seen anywhere else: the first is the combination of the low resolution and big letters used by the dev that makes my config window a bit too big, it's still functional but some letters clip outside the screen; the second is the alternate function of the skip button, the game doesn't show the confirmation window to skip to the next dialogue and you have to use the scrollwheel once to rollback to be able to advance again so try to avoid right clicking the skip button, the normal left click function works as it should. If I see this in more games I'll update the mod to try and fix it but since it only happens here and this game is pretty old I don't see the need to invest my time into these minor issues. Hope this helps.

Edit: The first issue has been fixed in the latest version (7.0). The second is related to the default alternate function of the Skip button, not something I've created so I won't be limiting the expected default Ren'Py functionality for every game just because this dev decided to cannibalize his.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021
Well, it does because you said this:

You suggested that the update may have a sex scene (which it won't) and the reason you think so is because of the title and the words "Les Doll".
Well, I did not suggest that his pateron clearly mentions that he is working on a sex scene, but yea I agree with you that you cant expect this dev to deliver any promises because of his reputation now.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes