VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

duhfooz

Sep 20, 2020
okay so the first part could have had potential but what the actual fuck is the second part? The plane shit that you cant click past is dumb as hell. waiting and waiting and waiting is making it so intolerable that I cant even be bothered to get past it.

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
okay so the first part could have had potential but what the actual fuck is the second part? The plane shit that you cant click past is dumb as hell. waiting and waiting and waiting is making it so intolerable that I cant even be bothered to get past it.
I didn't bother. The constant backtracking and pauses with the periods appear to be the symptoms of a deranged narcissists who got a stick up his ass so much to believe the mundane text he writes is pure revelation and worth their weight in gold. Its either that or a vapid attempt at inducing the scense of passing time to add immersion and extend an otherwise short update. This would explain the purposeful removal of the skip function. In any case, it's failed and its all just annoying af.

ChiefDutchy

Apr 16, 2018
First I tried part 1, after not understanding how the names work I ended up with mom called "bud" and dad called "pal", on first screen I see a flashing ball "secret discovered" and come in a menu wich I can't leave. Ok found a puzzle and put the girl in puzzle staight but had to make the puzzle on the side... oh no, the other side. This is a no go for me.
So tried game part 2. start up, change the names see the beginning of skelleton and clip of paintings and brought to the menu for changing names. with my experience of first game just quit at this moment and deleted the games.

Sorry Dev. But somehow you have to make the games a little bit more logical. I'm not afraid to see weird stuff in a game and it doesn't always need to be correct, but the game needs to work logical.
I don't know if this is programmed like this or a bug but I don't like it and so I didn't get to see any content.

Reactions: leevicious

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
some very cheap laptops use/used only 32bit processors and that way windows too.
This may be so, yet we still have to see a reaction by the one who asked for a crappy 32bit version, why he would need it, what hes playin the game on etc.

Btw: why do you think you can speak for him or anyone on the matter and come up with some 'excuses', why the need to play white night to the rescue,
when no one is attacking him,
but likes to get a statement or clarification on the matter, why there should be a 32bit version for what reason, if not only for just a mere handfull of people or so?

its also not the gameauthors fault, that some people have no clue or just get out for the cheapest crap they can get their hands on and get exactly what they have ordered, Crap.

So why should they 'fix a problem' where none exists...?

Having a 32bit exe is a courtesy and sometimes its just not doable.
The times that 32bit was standard or even as widespread that it would be justified, are very long gone, even in most workspaces has 64bit replaced the outdated 32bit OS's together with proper hardware, as no one in his right mind uses single or dualcore processors anymore, as even modern office tools can feel the lack of power with them, not to speak of gaming, where some games wont even start without atleast a proper Quadcore+HT built in, which is why Hexacores are becoming the mainstream and Octacores too and they all demand a 64bit OS.

Also license keys are fairly cheap, so thats also almost completely invalid, not to mention HWIDGEN as posted above.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Oh Jester
Did you just assume my ...?
Yes i'm a nasty old superstraight attack helicopter, thx for asking.

And another one that cant stand when someone asks valid questions and likes to get answers,
no then comes some accusation of "Privilege" or BS like that... meh.

Best thing is: most people asking this kind of stupid BS from someone, are those who live in good situated households, with more than enuff money in predominantly white neighborhoods and play "internet activist" on first world sites, first world forums, in first world societies using first world tech mostly invented by those ebil old white males & tryin to create problems, where none are or blow small things out of proportions by entire orders of magnitudes, claiming "to fight for the oppressed" or crap like that, which makes most of em to nothing more then hypocrites.

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
I assumed nothing - first world privilege isn't just about being a white male. It's about an attitude (it's not even about being "first world) that just because you are in a position to have/do something that you think everyone else are in or have the ability to be in that same position, huffing and puffing and demanding answers on why people can't just "get with it."

You make a lot of assumptions with no basis in fact and give the appearance of someone with a huge chip on their shoulder and a lot to prove.

All they did was request a 32bit option and you jumped on their case with a wall of text saying, in short, that even your old rig(s) could run 64bit and that THEY are a problem (PEBCAK) and they need to get with it. 32bit ended in May 2020 and it's been a hell of a year and a half.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
yes i did my commenting on that silly question, coz its silly, as basically no one that hasnt made a big error or has some very special reason, uses 32bit anymore as its basically dead for a while now.

and there is no problem to get it to 64bit, also for fairly cheap and used if need be, so yeah basically almost everyone can get it, so where is the baseless assumption here?

And just stating facts, with old rigs beeing 64bit capable and running, is just that and its you, that creates a problem here and uses alot of assumptions, claiming that i'm of a certain attitude and bs like that.
When all i did, was asking about the: Why? And liked to get an answer, but not "demanding" it, as answers help to understand things, but that seems to be a little to high for some.

And gave some BG-Infos and some advice and basically had to assume that the problem lies with the user (PEBCAK which is mostly the main cause of problems in this enviroment), especially as he did not specify his need and did also not answer on comments later, while you and the other hobby white knight come galopping to the rescue, where none ins needed.

and yeah its about time that he goes with the time, if hes not full on retro or so, but then he has to live with the consequences, as even the stone ages went by.

anyways, that leads to nothing, and the initial question probably doesnt get answered so fuck it, i said what i had to.

and im out.

sid60

Dec 11, 2019
game is not my cup of tea played it and no it a waste of time but if ya like it hope you are stone when ya play it might help lol

C.M.Cas

Shameless Dev
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2018
The part 1 was nice, but the relation names needed some work and bit of more info.

The part 2 was... different... In a bad way.

Will wait for the part 3 to make the final judgement. Keep trying, dev. Good luck.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes