VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
Stupid question how to complete the fall/run game after the 3 doors?
To answer you question seriously the middle door seems to me to just be a pointless loop, if there's a way past I don't know. If this dream shit actually has any effect on the story the first door is for the daughter path and the third door is for the Karen path so the middle door is more of Gumdrop being a pretentious "artist" huffing his own farts which for me is an even bigger crime than any amount of milking or Patreon scamming he's done.

Reactions: Dars

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
To answer you question seriously the middle door seems to me to just be a pointless loop, if there's a way past I don't know. If this dream shit actually has any effect on the story the first door is for the daughter path and the third door is for the Karen path so the middle door is more of Gumdrop being a pretentious "artist" huffing his own farts which for me is an even bigger crime than any amount of milking or Patreon scamming he's done.
I looked into the script after failing the middle door several times, if something was wrong. Gumdrop actually has set increasingly fast timers(!) on the whole run sequence and changes the buttons several times for additional "artistry". You can beat this sequence, but this is a frakking VN, I simply do not want to play buttonpress olympics in a VN! So fuck that sequence.
Additionally in the current state the game ends after the various dream sequences and if I need an effect for later, it is only for the daughter´s path. The father-daughter path is the only one worth playing in the game, because from all possible couples the FD is the one where it becomes clear from early on that these two have a real connection and love each other.
That is quite different from the other possible ones, the son is psychotic and after the Mom mainly because he likes Milfs, the Mom has mental problems (if less than the son) and prefers the son for several reasons, Karen needs a lifesaver, not a lover and the Aunt is always playing games of the less nice kind.

Last edited:

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
I agree with most of what you say, I especially think the son is a a psycho, but I think uncle-Karen is one of the few paths other than father-daughter and mother-son. I mean yea in real life Karen's best thing would be to get as far from her crazy family as possible. But I keep thinking about the three tiers this game is supposed to have: friendship, romance, and finally sexual. And I can get both father-daughter and uncle-niece to where I need one more point to upgrade to romance if that still means anything.

Thing with the Karen path I think is interesting that while the mother-son and father-daughter seem like the main problem is overcoming the incest taboo, Karen seems like she doesn't have a problem with it and the challenge is teaching her that she doesn't need drugs or booze to have a good time and that relationships can be about more than sex. In the real world the last thing a damaged girl with an crazy abusive mom needs is letting her uncle bone her, but again this is supposed to be an incest game so for all we know running away to start a new life together could be a good ending for both characters.

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
so the creator split this game into three tiers: Friendship, romance and then Sexual right, i honestly wish he can just speed this up cuz it’s taking forever let’s get to them having sex already

Reactions: HillDweller

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I agree with most of what you say, I especially think the son is a a psycho, but I think uncle-Karen is one of the few paths other than father-daughter and mother-son. I mean yea in real life Karen's best thing would be to get as far from her crazy family as possible. But I keep thinking about the three tiers this game is supposed to have: friendship, romance, and finally sexual. And I can get both father-daughter and uncle-niece to where I need one more point to upgrade to romance if that still means anything.

Thing with the Karen path I think is interesting that while the mother-son and father-daughter seem like the main problem is overcoming the incest taboo, Karen seems like she doesn't have a problem with it and the challenge is teaching her that she doesn't need drugs or booze to have a good time and that relationships can be about more than sex. In the real world the last thing a damaged girl with an crazy abusive mom needs is letting her uncle bone her, but again this is supposed to be an incest game so for all we know running away to start a new life together could be a good ending for both characters.
I see your point on this. And yes, this could work too.
One other relationship which could work, but is only hinted at is the son-Mara relationship.

so the creator split this game into three tiers: Friendship, romance and then Sexual right, i honestly wish he can just speed this up cuz it’s taking forever let’s get to them having sex already
The main problem with story progression (not counting all the other serious ones the game has, like the creator, already stated far enough:)) is that gumdrop started it at zero points for all characters. During play (and more so if you played the Xmas special too) it becomes pretty obvious that the MCs should have started with various amounts of RPs, because it is sometimes jarring how the charcaters around the MC act even at low point levels.
For instance, the father-daughter relationship should start with 6 points at the very least, it should actually be more considering how they interact from very early on.
The mother-son one should start with about 2-3 points, considering that the son is more lusting and the mother gives preferential treatment (when not drunk or mad) to the son.

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
how do you mean, exactly? I haven't been following the releases closely.
If you press F1 in the game you can bring up a special menu. It was added into the game sometime after the huge Patreon incest purge, so the game was revamped with the thing where you have to input everyone's relations to each other even though the game is still called Dual Family and being family instead of friends makes sense for the story. One the choices in the hidden menu is pictures of the four main girls: daughter, mother, Karen, and Karen's mom. Click on those and your bring up a meter of how far you've progressed with each one. It's currently listed as friendship, and I think it was said that once you filled the meter up then you would be given a choice to upgrade to romance and after romance sexual. But that was before Gumdrop went for years with out putting out an update for the game so who knows if the old plan for this game is still intact.

Abhay

Feb 3, 2018
Is there any penetration sex between MC and his mother. Please reply and thanks a lot in advance.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is there any penetration sex between MC and his mother. Please reply and thanks a lot in advance.
Hmmm good question ... doing a search for the words "sex" and "mother" in this thread brings up a whole bunch of this ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: HillDweller and cxx

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
wtf hapens with part 2 im stuk in the canvas part and I cannot do nothing, when i put the famiyly name i cant cotinue.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
wtf hapens with part 2 im stuk in the canvas part and I cannot do nothing, when i put the famiyly name i cant cotinue.
Nothing happens with Part 2 - spending the time in the last several pages of this thread while waiting for it to download would have saved you time, in the long run.

It's 7.5GB (original size) of developer self-serving acid trip with no logic, reason, or story arc. Also, if you are looking for any kind of sex in Part 2, you're best just sticking with the Main/Legacy version because it has 4-5 more sex scenes than Part 2 ... and Main/Legacy only has approximately 4-5 sex scenes.

Also, the answer to your problem with the names is in the OP.

Oct 6, 2021
Out of curiosity again, in the original game from 3 years ago there was this weird skeleton dude that appeared while playing the son's part.

Did in part 2 the dev ever explain/hint what the fuck that was - ancestor, etc.?

Mar 19, 2021
Out of curiosity again, in the original game from 3 years ago there was this weird skeleton dude that appeared while playing the son's part.

Did in part 2 the dev ever explain/hint what the fuck that was - ancestor, etc.?
The skeleton is his schizophrenia-generated demon who has now become the dev's friend and now they together smoke the weed while making this piece of shit which he calls a game.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
If you play the Part1/Legacy version of Df, it becomes clear that the son is, if not yet fully, still borderline psychotic. Part 2 of DF can only be described as something sprung from the brain of a lunatic or a person too fond of LSD, Angels dust or Meth.
So the easiest explanation for the skeleton would be "My Friend Harvey" induced by a nice load of psycho-active drugs.

Reactions: RichardBRiddick

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
Nothing happens with Part 2 - spending the time in the last several pages of this thread while waiting for it to download would have saved you time, in the long run.

It's 7.5GB (original size) of developer self-serving acid trip with no logic, reason, or story arc. Also, if you are looking for any kind of sex in Part 2, you're best just sticking with the Main/Legacy version because it has 4-5 more sex scenes than Part 2 ... and Main/Legacy only has approximately 4-5 sex scenes.

Also, the answer to your problem with the names is in the OP.
I was put the names like the op, the problem is, wen the game say whats your name? I only have the option to press the red X , but the game continues, to discover a total no sense.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes