VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
In the beginning when Part 2 etc. came out, I thought it was Gumdrop´s Longbowman salute to anybody, be it critic or fan! Now I theorise that Gumdrop is serious about Part 2 as his Magnum Opus, since he works diligently on it, with voice over work and all that stuff. He invests too much into it for Part 2 and side stuff to be a joke or middlefinger.
And the longtimers in the thread may remember that once he mentioned that he lost drive to do Part 1 because it was not the story and art he really wanted to make.
I can´t believe I say this but the hints point towards Part 2 is the Art Gumdrop wanted to make from the start. It might be art from an addled Mind, but Art nevertheless. It is our choice what to do with it. I do not play Part 2, I want Part 1 brought to a terrific Father-Daughter couple (because those two are the ones with an obvious connection and love visible), but it will be interesting what the development of the two games will be.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
In the beginning when Part 2 etc. came out, I thought it was Gumdrop´s Longbowman salute to anybody, be it critic or fan! Now I theorise that Gumdrop is serious about Part 2 as his Magnum Opus, since he works diligently on it, with voice over work and all that stuff. He invests too much into it for Part 2 and side stuff to be a joke or middlefinger.
And the longtimers in the thread may remember that once he mentioned that he lost drive to do Part 1 because it was not the story and art he really wanted to make.
I can´t believe I say this but the hints point towards Part 2 is the Art Gumdrop wanted to make from the start. It might be art from an addled Mind, but Art nevertheless. It is our choice what to do with it. I do not play Part 2, I want Part 1 brought to a terrific Father-Daughter couple (because those two are the ones with an obvious connection and love visible), but it will be interesting what the development of the two games will be.
It's not Art, it's someone delusional attempt at attention which he gets (especially in this thread) negatively, but It's what he craves attention on any level the most accurate description of an "Attention Wh*re". If you believe this is Art, I have about 20 paintings my grandson painted if you're interested. Whilst anything can be called Art, which might be your point, I am of the "King has no clothes" rather than what a lovely suit the King wears group. Damien Hirst created "Art" but I would rather flush my "Hirst daily Art down the toilet than display it in a gallery for the pretentious to acclaim it, and I don't need the money fortunately

• Thinking Face
Reactions: supermanz95

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
It's not Art, it's someone delusional attempt at attention which he gets (especially in this thread) negatively, but It's what he craves attention on any level the most accurate description of an "Attention Wh*re". If you believe this is Art, I have about 20 paintings my grandson painted if you're interested. Whilst anything can be called Art, which might be your point, I am of the "King has no clothes" rather than what a lovely suit the King wears group. Damien Hirst created "Art" but I would rather flush my "Hirst daily Art down the toilet than display it in a gallery for the pretentious to acclaim it, and I don't need the money fortunately
Hi! I know what you mean! And as you mentioned, my point was that "Art is in the eye of the beholder" and I do not play Part 2 or see it as Art I would like. As I wrote, Art from an addled mind!
It is not for me, but there might be patrons and fans of his who see it like gumdrop does.

S4lty0n3

Apr 9, 2018
Hi guys
can someone explain what exactly i should play and what not? i played the maingame now what was good for now and after that i tried Dollhouse (the animations are so god damn nice) but i have no clue what happens there exactly :D
So what are the other 2 options? are they worth to try out (its 8.7gb just for pool version .. )

Tell me pls whats going on ty :D

Aalorian

Feb 16, 2019
Hi! I know what you mean! And as you mentioned, my point was that "Art is in the eye of the beholder" and I do not play Part 2 or see it as Art I would like. As I wrote, Art from an addled mind!
It is not for me, but there might be patrons and fans of his who see it like gumdrop does.

im more inclined to believe that hes doing this to keep his patreon from being taken down, as its his only listed source of being able to make income off this pile of bath salts.

Reactions: MobPsycho69

Dolca

Jul 12, 2019
The game has a lot of potential, but they are not knowing how to use it, I will wait for next year to play it to see if they improve. :)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi guys
can someone explain what exactly i should play and what not? i played the maingame now what was good for now and after that i tried Dollhouse (the animations are so god damn nice) but i have no clue what happens there exactly :D
So what are the other 2 options? are they worth to try out (its 8.7gb just for pool version .. )

Tell me pls whats going on ty :D
You should find something else to do rather than to sit through the downloading and wasting hours on clicking this the mess.
Short answer: For all the hype, and 8.7GB+ downloads - there is nothing in PART II 99% of the people expect to see.
Long answer: The mother and the daughter do no fucking. They didn't in 2017 when Dual Family was introduced; they didn't in 2018 when DF stalled. They didn't in 2019, 2020 when nothing of any measurable size was released. They didn't in 2021 when the GB started adding in of the psychedelics started kicking in. They do not today. Do not expect them anytime times soon.
The game has a lot of potential, but they are not knowing how to use it, I will wait for next year to play it to see if they improve. :)
For 5 years there's nothing - another year will do nothing. This title has no potential. What it has was a developer who had an idea that stalled 6 months after starting. There has been no real advancement in the story or in the main relationships for nearly half a decade. What you see in the game now is essentially what was there in October 2017 - except with less filler.
I said much the same thing in like 2018 lol.

Have these updates actually done anything? Last time I played this it was a weird clickfest so bad it was bordering on kinetic novel with essentially zero sexual anything.
2018? More like 2017 - see this comment from October 2017 (7 months after first release), yes 2017:
Ok, so just finished it and yep, I called it.

1. More pointless peeping scenes
2. More boring/padded dialogue with no real purpose...

Complete joke yet again. This dude is just ridiculous. Not only does he miss deadlines but his updates are getting worse and worse each time...
... Want 5~ minute updates with pointless padding, missed deadlines and the odd Kiss on the Cheek """""H-scene"""""" if you're lucky? Play this trash

ropershy

Aug 14, 2020
Yes it has potential. But went right off track the moment they all went to the aunt's house on that short vacation. You have a Husband & wife who have decided to get a divorce. So what man would then go on a vacation with said wife to her SISTER'S house? Then there is the scene where the cousin/niece fucks the dad. Why? why did that happen? why did the aunt help set that up? They didn't blackmail dad. They didn't video it and show it to his wife to help her with her divorce. None of that made any sense at all.

Then we skip to part II . all I can say after playing a few updates of that is. The dev's family really need to see professional mental help for this dev.!

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes