HTML Dune – Breeding a Dynasty [v0.1.1] [lmno]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Should we change the artstyle to the new version posted [here](/post-12150541)?

• I don't like either, but the old style is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megaloser

May 29, 2018
Very impressive for an AICG game. Writing is good with minimal grammar issues, but I would love it if the speakers had their lines color coded during conversations to help break up the walls of text. I also agree with some of the critiques on Lady Jessica looking too young. She doesn't need much, but it would better imo if she looked mid 30s, instead of how she looks now.

name

Mar 8, 2017
Not sure you've seen this already be there is an optional lewd scene hidden away in dialogue in the current chapter. But yes, the plan is to have more optional scenes later down the line.
i've seen the Revered Mother and game over scenes, which seemed like hidden easter egg scenes, but it's definitely possible i missed something

Dec 11, 2018
Spoilers to avoid huge wall of text.

Alexsis987
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
loqex
name
desmosome
AdamJohn36
Arnav Dasari
bobdillan
someyoungguy
MrDeadRat
Nobody Cares
Machete
ReJessie
degenerado
megaloser
name
Euron13

Last edited:

jetama

Oct 28, 2020
Awesome first release, well done, really. As a fan of the books I can appreciate your dedication to want to stay true to the canon, and even moreso appreciate your skills as a writer. I want to ask if moving forward you can add hotkeys to move onto the next page/dialogue (A and D for left and right) like in College Daze?

Definitely makes it easier for us one handed players...

Dec 11, 2018
Is there a possibility that Paul will somehow alter the canon timeline and himself becomes Alia's father instead of Leto? Degenerate side of me would scream of excitement.

Awesome first release, well done, really. As a fan of the books I can appreciate your dedication to want to stay true to the canon, and even moreso appreciate your skills as a writer. I want to ask if moving forward you can add hotkeys to move onto the next page/dialogue (A and D for left and right) like in College Daze?

Thanks!
Hmm, I assume you mean left-handed specifically, because technically the game is one-handed. It only requires the mouse.
Myself, I have mastered the art of ambidextrous wanking a long time ago, but I understand not everyone can do that.
I guess hotkeys could work during scenes, but you would always need the mouse to navigate dialogues.

Last edited:

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020

Thanks for your feedback! It is really appreciated by reynold and I. With regards to hotkeys, I can look into adding some kind of similar feature but I will get back to you on that.

lmno

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2020
Are you guys planning to stick with HTML throughout development? In my experience, longer or more complicated games can easily become a buggy mess in HTML, and it seems like this game is meant to be both long and complicated. Are you planning to move to another engine eventually, or break it up into smaller games to keep it playable as the story becomes more and more unwieldy?
My main focus will be finishing this game using HTML/Twine as that's what I'm used to and I have experience with it. If we moved to a different engine I would have to learn more and this would only add to development time. I would consider looking into it once the game is complete but for now we are sticking with HTML.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes