MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Enjoyed this first version a lot!

Given the overview, I'm curious about what direction this might go in. Are you planning to add things like dungeon managing mechanics? Perhaps some type of sandbox should we actually acquire our own dungeon? Or is this going to be along the lines of a more standard visual novel?

Reactions: LordHybrid

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
Oh boy got a few things I can answer! Uhm…

Pregnancy is up in the air, not quite sure if it will happen or not as I’d want to fit it naturally into the story but since I’m allowing for options, well…

If you want to change Wes’s name, then all the power to you, but at least for me, I want his name to be static. I have plans for the name and stuff already thought out that would require a static name so if I give the option to change it, it’ll mess with the story too much and make no sense for the reader.

Dunno where you see one but if your talking about in the future, there’s DEFINITELY a possibility of that! :p

As for the direction, I considered something with more mechanics or sandbox-y but it just didn’t seem worth the event to bend Renpy backwards just to make it work. So I’ll be doing a semi-sandbox style where you can get several choices to choose from but can always skip them and just head straight into the main content with possible repercussions. Not set in stone though so the style may possibly change.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'd love something with mechanics akin to good ol' , if you even heard of this one.
But i doubt you can pull it off in Renpy. :sneaky::coffee:

Bunsgames

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
Hi! I really liked that first version and can't wait to see where it goes. :)

I have a question... I'm working on my own little game and i was wondering how you made your backgrounds? Did you build them in koikatsu? Blender? Or some other software?

Last edited:

Devronman

Nov 25, 2018
Very good writing, for its medium. I'm off the odd persuasion that I kinda am not a harem fan, and would much rather just stick with the one person I like the most. But the writing is keeping me into the story and I hope to see more where this came from.

KimbelFall57

May 17, 2019
Really interested in this, was surprised by the brutality in a koikatsu game:eek:.
I hope all the death and violence can be explained and avoided to some extent, dont want to lose important and cute characters:cry:.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for the support everyone, firstly!

Secondly, as for the “Harem” aspect since a few of you mentioned it, I guess it’s a harem but I’ll definitely be showcasing relationships between the female cast as well. So expect everyone to have time with Wes but also look forward to relationships between the girls too!
When you talk about relationship between the girls you mean like interactions, friendships and such or will this go a more polyamorous route and the girls will fall in love with each other? I hope that if what you mean was the 2 option then it will be avoidable to be honest.

LordHybrid

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2021
Well the relationships between them won't be avoidable, that's for sure. Not only because of the effort of trying to create different varying dialogue and renders for every possible combination of yes/no towards that, but also for me when it comes to harems, they are kinda weird ONLY focusing on the one guy. Like why not have inter-relationships with each other? Give the guy a rest and have some girl-on-girl action. Win-win in my book :V

What is avoidable though is of course the sex scenes themselves. While the non-sex routes aren't "canon" in my eyes, I still want that option for people :V

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Well the relationships between them won't be avoidable, that's for sure. Not only because of the effort of trying to create different varying dialogue and renders for every possible combination of yes/no towards that, but also for me when it comes to harems, they are kinda weird ONLY focusing on the one guy. Like why not have inter-relationships with each other? Give the guy a rest and have some girl-on-girl action. Win-win in my book :V

What is avoidable though is of course the sex scenes themselves. While the non-sex routes aren't "canon" in my eyes, I still want that option for people :V
Well for one the one guy IS the protagonist, the whole all the girls focusing on him is the whole point of a harem. I mean I do not mind the girls in a harem to play with each other much but there is a long way from "having fun" to actually make the heroines been in love with each other, that what I mean with relationships. For example the dragon girl, she is totally in love with the protagonist, making her fall for another person, even if that other person is another harem girl will feel like the protagonist has lost something important. I personally would recommend that "relationship" between the girls would be only sexual and with the protagonist explicit permission tho because them fucking each other behind MCs back is borderline NTRish.

4.80 star(s) 50 Votes