2.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Which characters scenes should I work on for 0.2.1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
found command-- inventory.energy_drink = 50
If you are interested in any of the other things that can be cheated for, have a look at the classes file in the functions folder pretty much all variables are in clear text making it obvious what they are for.
I did this because if people want to cheat or speed up their progress who am I to stop them playing the way they want.

Just be careful with changing variables for characters as somethings can break progression so make sure to save first.
The class sister is (obviously) for stats relating to your sister, the characterNPC class is all other NPCs.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
As a general note regarding the grind, it is horrible for a while until you hit that critical mass where even at level 1 you can just go straight to floor 70 and kill 1 enemy to go right back to level 50 (very disgaea inspired, though not quite as rewarding), then rebirthing seems to lose value. I was able to do that on rebirth 5, and now at 9 I don't see a point anymore, it just gives me a bunch of coins which are more annoying to spend then the bonuses are worth.

As an aside, enemies start giving errors at around floor 76, and if you ignore the error and continue they have 0 hp and can be killed in 1 hit. This frequency increases as you go deeper until every enemy has this error. As a result, I just stay at floor 70.

Edit: Looks like your patch fixed point 2, so guess I'll go as far as I can for the lulz, but I'm 1 shoting everything I encounter so combat is just filler atm. Which another note on balance, I'm at the point where I don't see or drink anymore, because the level-ups restore hunger. I just delve if I need hunger for some reason and get rid of it with fighting. If for whatever reason I get close to running out, a rebirth lets me get 100 levels with one whap and make it all go away. Not saying you should get rid of this, it makes the early stages of grind bearable, but at this point I feel like the grocery store mechanic is pointless, which is a bit of a bummer when I spent coins on the cash multiplier.

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
As a general note regarding the grind, it is horrible for a while until you hit that critical mass where even at level 1 you can just go straight to floor 70 and kill 1 enemy to go right back to level 50 (very disgaea inspired, though not quite as rewarding), then rebirthing seems to lose value. I was able to do that on rebirth 5, and now at 9 I don't see a point anymore, it just gives me a bunch of coins which are more annoying to spend then the bonuses are worth.

As an aside, enemies start giving errors at around floor 76, and if you ignore the error and continue they have 0 hp and can be killed in 1 hit. This frequency increases as you go deeper until every enemy has this error. As a result, I just stay at floor 70.
Any further information on the error?
As for the rebirthing become not worth it, that is kind of the point, for it to be a snowball affect of power increase. There is intended to be more content in the dungeon and combat outside of the dungeon, but these things take time so it may feel a little bare bones for now but it will be expanded. The same with the coin shop, for now you can only buy a couple of gifts to unlock characters and a few stat boosts but this will be expanded in the future.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Any further information on the error?
As for the rebirthing become not worth it, that is kind of the point, for it to be a snowball affect of power increase. There is intended to be more content in the dungeon and combat outside of the dungeon, but these things take time so it may feel a little bare bones for now but it will be expanded. The same with the coin shop, for now you can only buy a couple of gifts to unlock characters and a few stat boosts but this will be expanded in the future.
Got to floor 200 for a meme with the patch, and the error seems to have stopped. Will be interesting to see where you go from here. Will plaza repuation have a bigger significance beyond unlocking more monsters to hunt?

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
I tried at floor 80-85 to get any kind of error but everything works as intended so not sure what the is error you are having, is it related to sqrt is not defined?

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
I tried at floor 80-85 to get any kind of error but everything works as intended so not sure what the is error you are having, is it related to sqrt is not defined?
No, it seems to be resolved when I installed the patch.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Oh, found an error at the healing pools:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/pools.rpy", line 88, in script
    jump expression healingPoolsFight()
ScriptError: could not find label 'fight_goblin_shaman'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\...\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\...\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Earth's Last Guardian 0.1.1
Sun May 21 15:27:35 2023

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
No, it seems to be resolved when I installed the patch.
Okay cool then it must have been the sqrt issue, I changed the function in the patch to specifically tell it that sqrt is a math function.
how do i trigger the chloe introduction event?
It should trigger when waking up after a few days.
Oh, found an error at the healing pools:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\...\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1974, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\...\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Sun May 21 15:27:35 2023
I will make A fix for that now, I can already see the issue.

Ruhrok

Apr 15, 2022
sry for another question yet again: the secound tip for zlata says to kill the dragon that killed the last elf guardian und that drakes spawn after floor 21. i already gave her the item for the first unlock and have her lust as 74. now i have killed over 50 dragons (stopped counting after) but still not killed the right dragon, am i just so unlucky or am i doint something wrong?

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
sry for another question yet again: the secound tip for zlata says to kill the dragon that killed the last elf guardian und that drakes spawn after floor 21. i already gave her the item for the first unlock and have her lust as 74. now i have killed over 50 dragons (stopped counting after) but still not killed the right dragon, am i just so unlucky or am i doint something wrong?
There should be around a 7 % chance to find the bow, RNG just hates some people (myself included). The only requirement is to have bought the clue and be fighting drakes in the main dungeon and not either of the pools, maybe you have just been unlucky, I will add a pity mechanic (similar to spell drops) to these drops in the future to try and prevent this.

Ruhrok

Apr 15, 2022
ok after savescamming a single dragon like another 30 times or so i finally got it, guess i should not play the lottery xD

PS: was not meant es critic, still love the game

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
ok after savescamming a single dragon like another 30 times or so i finally got it, guess i should not play the lottery xD
Yeah some of us just have really bad luck, like I said I will add a pity roll to these drops so that after x amount of Drakes you are guaranteed to get the drop. I mean at 7 % the least amount of drakes would be 15 so I will maybe set it to 25 or 30 to ensure you are not committing genocide against the drakes.

Ruhrok

Apr 15, 2022
after a handjob from eilana this happened:

```

While running game code:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Sex menus/upgrade shop sex events.rpy", line 236, in script
$ image_to_show = upgradeShopHug2()
File "game/questdata/scenes/Sex menus/upgrade shop sex events.rpy", line 236, in <module>
NameError: name 'upgradeShopHug2' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Sex menus/upgrade shop sex events.rpy", line 236, in script
File "E:\Programme\VisualNovel\EarthsLastGuardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Programme\VisualNovel\EarthsLastGuardian\EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/questdata/scenes/Sex menus/upgrade shop sex events.rpy", line 236, in <module>
NameError: name 'upgradeShopHug2' is not defined

Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Sun May 21 22:19:04 2023
```

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Updated patch 0.1.1c
Fixed a bug causing a crash in Eilana handjob scene, incorrect function name.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Okay cool then it must have been the sqrt issue, I changed the function in the patch to specifically tell it that sqrt is a math function.
You can just use the fully-qualified namespace, output += math.sqrt(cycle) / 3 instead.

Edit: You've also got a string format key error. ./game/questdata/scenes/Town/Park.rpy, line 74. mp_gain whereas line 76 has mana_gain. Going to assume that since mp_gain doesn't exist, you meant mana_gain.

Yeah some of us just have really bad luck, like I said I will add a pity roll to these drops so that after x amount of Drakes you are guaranteed to get the drop. I mean at 7 % the least amount of drakes would be 15 so I will maybe set it to 25 or 30 to ensure you are not committing genocide against the drakes.
Good RPG design usually takes the number of times you've tried farming something and automatically awards the player if the number of times is over a certain expected “reasonable” value or adjusts the ratio to eventually reach 100% guaranteed, to prevent 'bad luck' from screwing over players.

For instance, if you're farming a Drake for a one-of-a-kind item and it is 'reasonable' to expect it at 7% then that means 7 times out of 100 you'd get the item. Most developers would simply guarantee that after maybe 10 or 20 Drakes, 100% chance. This is done because it IS technically possible to always fail if the RNG never hits 100% chance. Flip a coin aiming for heads, but you can technically get tails every time. It becomes genuinely unfair to players to rely on RNGs alone.

Last edited:

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Edit: You've also got a string format key error. ./game/questdata/scenes/Town/Park.rpy, line 74. mp_gain whereas line 76 has mana_gain. Going to assume that since mp_gain doesn't exist, you meant mana_gain.Good RPG design usually takes the number of times you've tried farming something and automatically awards the player if the number of times is over a certain expected “reasonable” value or adjusts the ratio to eventually reach 100% guaranteed, to prevent 'bad luck' from screwing over players.
I did indeed need mana_gain there, I had an issue of inconstancy in my naming conventions so went through my code and tried to fix it I guess this one got missed, thanks for finding it.

I do have a pity mechanic for spell drops because they have a much lower drop chance, however I did not take into account people being screwed hard by the RNG gods, I will add similar mechanics to all drops to prevent this from being an issue.

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes